PDA

View Full Version : White Mousse -zomghowannoying

fairweather
11-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I've been trying to defeat the White Mousse (in a hunt sidequest) and I nearly did it, 2 malboros tried to come and eat me but I managed to kill them, then later, a freaking elemental decides to show up and cast waterga on my party :mad:
I was peeeeved when it killed me.

Is the elemental always going to show up??
And is there anything else I can do to knock the white mousse on the head? I was using Fira and weapons with the Fire ability, and managed to get some Quickenings off, but no luck.

>_<

qwertysaur
11-11-2008, 06:45 AM
If you see that elemental show up, just don't cast any magick. Elementals will only spam magic at you if you cast any spell near them.

I never fought an elemental during the mousse battle, but they always like to sneak up on me whenever I am doing the sluice gate sidequest. =/

fairweather
11-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh, I feel so stupid. I didn't even think to not cast magick.
Laaaame.
They leave after a while dont they? (elementals, I mean)

qwertysaur
11-11-2008, 07:12 AM
they go wherever they feel like, so unless it really likes you it will eventually leave.

fairweather
11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Well, you know, I'm really likable so if it does stick around I can't really blame it xD

edit- I beat it! Woo! Though it was reeally hard and annoying, Fran ending up killing it all by herself.
The elemental didnt show up, thankfully :D

Seamus>Yiazmat
11-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Nice. I had a lot of trouble with this enemy as well, and I was about 10-15 levels higher than it. I beat it first try though, but just barely....I think I had problems with the elemental too but I'm pretty sure I managed to kill it...it was a long time ago though.....

Cleric
12-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh he was soo difficult for me the first playthrough. However I altered my strategy for the second playthrough. What I did differently is I did enough hunts to bump my ranking up to get Nihapaloa, and collected LP galore. Nihapaloa + remedy on White Mousse, or any of the hunts knocks them down a few pegs. Or you can just hope that your status effects land on him which is what I did the first battle while he raped my face. It's really up to you but that is what worked for me.