PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Eizon (World Creation)

Loony BoB
11-11-2008, 04:25 PM
In that other thread, anyway. I should probably quickly note that I'm not intending on going anywhere with this thread, and it serves as a topic and nothing more than that.

If you were to be involved with creating Eizon, which part would you help out with? Are you the kind of person who would draw animals, or write out the history of great wars? Would you create all sorts of maps, or are you more the kind of person who would take those maps and add to them, creating such things as weather patterns and mineral resources? Or would you prefer to create a religion or cult? Maybe you would be more interested in detailing individual characters and their lives, or possibly even family trees of great people!

Basically, if you were to be involved in creating a world, what part would you enjoy doing the most?

Personally, I love mapmaking the most. I take great joy in creating something that looks like a true, natural world... the right balance of islands and continents, realistically random shapings, isthmus and peninsula, desert, mountain and forest... it's something I've spent a lot of time doing in past years. I also have done all sorts of other things, including pretty much everything I mentioned above. I love that kinda stuff. :)

Aerith's Knight
11-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Last time I made an index of all creatures and plantlife in Eizon, including a Garden tour.

I liked making the garden.

Mapmaking is fun, but I'd mostly make maps of my own country.

Including history etc.

Bunny
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I would probably be involved in a great many things, considering I like to have control over almost every aspect of world building. Specifically, I would enjoy creating world/country histories and personal histories for individual famous characters. Mapmaking and religion building would be another interest.

Flying Mullet
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I heckle.

Ouch!
11-12-2008, 01:34 AM
In my own world-building efforts, I usually take on the duties of the following: historian, linguist, zoologist, botanist, physicist, astronomer, anthropologist, cartographer, and theologian.

That is to say, I like to have complete control over the worlds which I create. My baby is Verdim. She is currently under construction.

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
i made an excellent religion and history of pretty much all my classes. no one got to know anything about it cuz ed/mods/eiko had me disposed of.

rubah
11-13-2008, 12:39 AM
I'd enjoy making things like this
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/art/silly/WORLDWARTROIS.png

Aerith's Knight
11-13-2008, 12:44 AM
The icebergs look like small ..

*snicker* :bigsmile:

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2008, 02:55 AM
I don't create so much as I destroy. I waged massive war across the lands and blah blah blah. I also asked void a billion questions as to what is what and how things work and find the flaws/inconsistencies in the system.

I personally did not like how combat worked. People should have defensive strategies in place ahead of time in case someone makes and attack and blah blah blah. I could go on but I digress.

I am not saying it is easy to come up with something that works for everyone but I am they guy that makes it seem impossible to come up with that system ;D

Loony BoB
11-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't create so much as I destroy. I waged massive war across the lands and blah blah blah. I also asked void a billion questions as to what is what and how things work and find the flaws/inconsistencies in the system.

I personally did not like how combat worked. People should have defensive strategies in place ahead of time in case someone makes and attack and blah blah blah. I could go on but I digress.

I am not saying it is easy to come up with something that works for everyone but I am they guy that makes it seem impossible to come up with that system ;D
I'm not talking about systems so much as the worlds themselves. Not the game, the creation. So would you write out how great wars were won?

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
a real battle system. one where normal vs. mage vs archer vs etc soldiers differ, and stats are based on that