PDA

View Full Version : Atypical Songs For You That You Like

Yar
11-12-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm sure we all have genres of music that we would say that we generally dislike. Sometimes, however, a song fits that genre but is still rather awesome, despite being of genre X.

I'm sure you see where this thread is going. ;) What are some songs that aren't typical to the styles of music you like, but you still enjoy. :confused:

Jessweeee♪
11-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Running in the 90s

:exdee:

LunarWeaver
11-12-2008, 04:47 AM
I am not into the J-Pop, K-Pop, or whatever Asian thing, but Temptation of Sonata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qidjNv8MOzk) has taken over my life.

Jessweeee♪
11-12-2008, 04:57 AM
OMG that song xDDD

Markus. D
11-12-2008, 05:36 AM
SAFETY DANCE :D

Rantz
11-12-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm not usually impressed by the type of gangsta rap where they just boast around on an ego trip, but Immortal Technique's Obnoxious has so much attitude that I can't help but like it. Not linking to it because it has very much very naughty language.

Some of their more political songs (e.g. Point of no Return) are also a bit atypical for me, I suppose, but very good.

NeoCracker
11-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Hate rap for the most part, though Blu and Exile have a LOT of good tracks. Especially So(ul) amazin' and Blu Colla Worker.

Jiro
11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not usually impressed by the type of gangsta rap where they just boast around on an ego trip, but Immortal Technique's Obnoxious has so much attitude that I can't help but like it. Not linking to it because it has very much very naughty language.

Some of their more political songs (e.g. Point of no Return) are also a bit atypical for me, I suppose, but very good.

I agree, I dislike rap for the most part, but I enjoy Point of No Return (that's the only one I've heard though). Also, anything screamo is normally a no for me, but The Getaway Plan does it well enough to keep me interested (though I happen to like their non-screamo stuff slightly more).

Loony BoB
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
All synthpop. Birthday Massacre, SMK, Bacteria Boy, etc... All of it.
That kind of defeats the whole point of "not liking all of them but only liking one or two songs", doesn't it?

Can't think of anything, personally. Can think of songs I like by artists I dislike, but not songs in genres I dislike (of course, genres I dislike are very few in number).

Moon Rabbits
11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
WHATEVER YOU LIKE BY T.I.

edit: and ewwwwwww birthday massacre.

Nominus Experse
11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Ewwww, opinions

sharkythesharkdogg
11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
For the past 3 days its been Bruce Hornsby with his song Mandolin Rain. I don't know HOW it got in my head, or why. I was like 5 or 6 when this song came out I think, but it's in my head all the same.

Shorty
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm more of an alt. rock/indie person, but that damn Corona and Lime song by Shwayze has me dancing every time it comes on.