PDA

View Full Version : Weird Names

Mittopotahis
11-13-2008, 02:41 AM
My last name is german. It sucks, to be short.

But it got me thinking of weird names and it reminded me of this girl. She's not my friend but just in my social group who I've met once or twice. Her name is Tuesday. And if you thought that was bad, her last name is Beaver. Tuesday Beaver.

To make it worse, she has a sister. Named Billy. That's right, Billy Beaver.

What are some weird/odd/unfortunate names you've heard of?

Bunny
11-13-2008, 02:43 AM
It should be illegal for retarded people to have children.

Seriously.

Evastio
11-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Mike Hunt, Anita Dyck, Iwana Dyck, and Victor Agina are some embarrassing names I know of.

My name isn't as bad as the ones above, but people will still think it's awkward.

Laddy
11-13-2008, 02:46 AM
My last name is 11 letters and French. Poor me.

Michael is ok, though.

Aerith's Knight
11-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Directly translated..

I know of a surname "c*ntpicker"

It disturbed me to my very soul.

Nice
11-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Apple.

Could you imagine being named Apple? The kids are gonna eat you alive. =/

"Baby don't cry and mama don't lie."

qwertysaur
11-13-2008, 02:52 AM
My moms maiden name literally means tree. :p

Laddy
11-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Apple.

Fun Fact-Musician Fiona Apple holds the record for longest album name in history. He album, WHEN THE PAWN hits the conflicts he thinks like a king / What he knows throws the blows when he goes to the fight / And he'll win the whole thing before he enters the ring / There's no body to batter when your mind is your might / So when you go solo, you hold your own hand / And remember that depth is the greatest of heights / And if you know where you stand, then you know where to land / And if you fall it won't matter, cuz you'll know that you're right, was released, it soon became known as simply, WHEN THE PAWN. The title was a poem she wrote when she read a poor review of her work.

Mittopotahis
11-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Mike Hunt...
There's someone in the Australian rugby league named Carr Michael Hunt. I think about 'Mike Hunt' every time.

Also, I found this article (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/20/swedish-couple-fined.html) quite amusing. =P

Aerith's Knight
11-13-2008, 02:56 AM
My moms maiden name literally means tree. :p

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/11/12/f_treem_a6ef29b.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/11/12/f_treem_a6ef29b.jpg&srv=img34)

Nice
11-13-2008, 03:01 AM
Apple.

Fun Fact-Musician Fiona Apple holds the record for longest album name in history. He album, WHEN THE PAWN hits the conflicts he thinks like a king / What he knows throws the blows when he goes to the fight / And he'll win the whole thing before he enters the ring / There's no body to batter when your mind is your might / So when you go solo, you hold your own hand / And remember that depth is the greatest of heights / And if you know where you stand, then you know where to land / And if you fall it won't matter, cuz you'll know that you're right, was released, it soon became known as simply, WHEN THE PAWN. The title was a poem she wrote when she read a poor review of her work.

I'm not really talking about maiden names. I'm talking about the celebrity kid names. Apple, Blanket, Jet, etc. You know, the dumbass celeb's who name their kids after inanimate objects. =/

Momiji
11-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Fletcher Youngblutt.

He was in my class all through middle and high school. He was also an awesome guy too.

Fletch, if you ever happen to google your name and this comes up, I apologize for not asking to use your name. :p

NeoCracker
11-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Worked with a chick named Freedom.

I mean really, Freedom, WTF?

rubah
11-13-2008, 03:07 AM
I've always thought Harry Cox was rather unfortunate. I know of two Rebels (girls)

So, how DO you pronounce Säbsch?

Mittopotahis
11-13-2008, 03:11 AM
So, how DO you pronounce Säbsch?

Well, it's sorta like say-psh. Mostly people say shapes or say-bitch. :D

Croyles
11-13-2008, 03:41 AM
My surname will most likely give me a temp ban. :D

Iceglow
11-13-2008, 05:28 AM
My surname is Causer-Smith which is quite funny since Causer has about 5 meanings; it is a verb in french "to cause", it means "legging maker" in olde english, the polish variation of my name means "goat", the Russian and German meanings derrive from the word Kaiser meaning "Lord or King", so well my name is quite odd also my initials are; SCCS meaning people often look at my name weirdly.

I saw a guy with the name A. Kielbasa this is funny cause it is polish and in polish his name is "A Saussage" I've also met a Donald Duck and Lisa Simpson, I see lots of funny names, I mention them when I do but don't really remember them past that.

Arc_Master_14
11-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Apparantely there is a kid named Mookie at my school. My name is pretty random at Brady. My girlfriends name is Trinity which is random but really pretty but by far the best/worst name I've ever heard is Le-a(pronounced Ledasha) I swear to god! my grandma was reading some newspaper article and was like gonna die cuz she was laughing so hard

.:kerrod:.
11-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Mike Hunt...
There's someone in the Australian rugby league named Carr Michael Hunt. I think about 'Mike Hunt' every time.

Also, I found this article (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/20/swedish-couple-fined.html) quite amusing. =P

Ha ha, go Australia! i always think of Karmichael Hunt** as 'More like Harmichael C*nt'

anywho, my name is Kerrod :) named after 'Kerrod Walters', another Australian Rugby League player :p remember him? it's really hard to get people to pronounce it properly; in the past i've gotten 'Keiren', 'Jarred', 'Darren', 'Kirrid', 'Karen' and even 'Cameron' once...

it's different, and it's not too bad, but my middle name is a billion times worse (it's Glynn...it's my Grandad's middle name and i think it's Welsh or something)

oh, and if you're looking for names along the lines of 'Mike Hunt', 'Mike Litoris' is another good one :p

Mittopotahis
11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Oh is it Karmichael Hunt? I never knew because I had only heard his name said by commentators and assumed I knew how to spell it. =P
Thanks. :)

Rantz
11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Gwawr :love:

SammieBabe
11-13-2008, 07:54 AM
A woman used to come stay at my hotel named Caress Cox...

Værn
11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey, who plays the voice of InuYasha in the English dub?

Iceglow
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Heres another for you: I actually know a german with the surname Kunt which happens to be hillariously funny to everyone bar her.

Loony BoB
11-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Mike Hunt, Anita Dyck, Iwana Dyck, and Victor Agina are some embarrassing names I know of.
You know people who honestly have these names? x_x;

Personally can't think of many people with terrible names, but can think of many people with terrible login IDs generated because of their name and the way login IDs are generated in some companies. Examples are Michael Cockburn, who worked in a company where the login was the first six letters of the last name and then first initial of the first name. Another was Thomas Watt, where the company took the first initial of the first name and then the last name. D'oh?

Momiji
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey, who plays the voice of InuYasha in the English dub?

Just looked it up. His name is Richard Cox.

oh.

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 02:28 PM
my fiancé's dad worked with a guy named harry dick. lol. also, i think ak's lastname is funny. when i read it, it thought "lol it sounds like a german saying wonder wart" lol. ((dont kill me)) also, my managers last name is schenk. i thought it was shenk, but he said "did you go to shool? its pronounced skank" XD. also, i work with a guy whose last name is kiester lol

Blue Harvest
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Some of my cousin's surnames are Coxhead :tongue:

Back in school I knew a guy called Chris Thomas. Around christmas we'd sing christmas songs around him, replacing christmas with his name. It annoyed the hell out of him.

Aerith's Knight
11-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Just looked it up. His name is Richard Cox.
oh.

Elliot: "You don't like the name Cox?"
Jordan: "Actually, I love Cox."
The Todd: "Greatest. Conversation. Ever."
Jordan: "That's what I mean."
Nurse(somewhere else): "This sausage is huge!"
The Todd: "Sorry ladies, I'm needed elsewhere."

scrumpleberry
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I've got me one of those.

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
lol a sausage or a nurse?

Blue Harvest
11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I think she means a weird name.

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
oh lol

scrumpleberry
11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
x)))) ALL THREE ACTUALLY MY DEAR

NeoTifa
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
oh là là

qwertysaur
11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Sephiroth

themagicroundabout
11-13-2008, 08:53 PM
William Hare shortened to Willy Hare becomes Pube.

Yar
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm 1/4 German, I bet you didn't know that! Unfortunately that one quarter has inherited me the last name of Saebsch. (in German it's spelled Säbsch, but it's westernised) It's a real hassle trying to teach people how to pronounce it sometimes.

I get German from both sides of my family. My mother's mother is an import. :D

Luckily, my name avoided any possible "foreign-icity". My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Thiel. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Breidenbach. My name is actually pretty English.

Gwawr
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I've taught a Jack Johnson, a Tom Jones, a George Best and an Indiana Jones over the years.

Poor Tom. Kept getting 'Sexbomb' sung at him.

And weird names eh? GWAWR?!

sharkythesharkdogg
11-18-2008, 07:13 AM
I knew a girl in the Navy ( I swear I'm not making this up) whose name was Elizabeth Gussler. Unfortunately the military means you're referred to by rank and name. Her rank was Seaman.
Seaman Gussler.....she never had a chance.

BardTard
11-19-2008, 03:33 AM
I know a girl named Echo and went go school with a girl named Patience.

I also know a girl with 2 middle names and her initials spell out WEED.

My great (or great great? I forget...) grandma's middle was America.

Edit: My grandma's friend's grandson's name is Kimahri (spelled differently but pronounced the same.) I think that's pretty awesome.

o_O
11-19-2008, 04:18 AM
I knew a both Richard Holder and a Richard Spray. :p

As far as downright outrageous names go, I've known a Cornelius Brain, a Manukau Flyriver Pokepoke and a kid whose first name was just "A3".

Recently in New Zealand, a couple were <a href="http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10456528">denied the right to call their kid "4Real"</a>.

rubah
11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
listen, mike. Tell me. Was there a lot of nuclear testing done in NZ?

Mittopotahis
11-19-2008, 07:23 AM
So... Did anyone hear about that kid recently who changed his name to Captain Fantastic Faster than Superman Spider-Man Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24602453-5012895,00.html)?

Freya
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
I had a teacher named Richard Seamans....

Ouch!
11-19-2008, 07:43 AM
My eighth grade history teacher named all his children after presidents (using surnames as first names, and he didn't even use the surnames that are also common first names like Grant), but that's about was "weird" as I've encountered.

Peegee
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
There's an employee at the company I support called Maxima O Olympia.

Oh wait, this is silly names...

Well, tbh, we will talk in group chat whenever we come across funny names. It's usually asian (-_-')

BardTard
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
My eighth grade history teacher named all his children after presidents (using surnames as first names, and he didn't even use the surnames that are also common first names like Grant), but that's about was "weird" as I've encountered.

That reminds me, senior year my gym teacher named his kid Jack Sparrow and I told him I thought that was awesome, and he said he never even saw Pirates of the Caribbean.

Nice
11-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Richard Cock.

Bunny
11-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I had a teacher in seventh grade named Harry Balls. After the local radio station found this out, they made fun of him on air for several hours and it resulted in him changing his name and quitting his job.

The other coach's name was Longerbone.

Montoya
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
My ex's name is Belen. I told my friend this and he thought for the longest time I dated somebody named Berlin. So the inside joke is that I dated the German capital.

Dr. Acula
11-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I did hear about this girl called Tallulah Does The Hula In Hawaii. Poor girl.

Also, my friend knew someone called Please Gotobed.