PDA

View Full Version : Yatta Friday!

Rye
11-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Today is Yatta Friday! Talk about all of your good accomplishments this week. I love happy threads.

I got an A on my annotated bibliography on Picture of Dorian Gray and homosexuality in Victorian England, and then I got 100 on my mid-term in Math, which is the hardest test in this class. =O I worked so hard and it all paid off.

I did it!

やった! やった! やった! やった!

qwertysaur
11-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I got 100 on my math midterm as well. Derivatives are so easy :p

Momiji
11-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I got 100 on my math midterm as well. Derivatives are so easy :p

Yes. Math is easy, isn't it? Of course it is. Yes, yes, everyone should do well at math! *laughs quietly and mindlessly, then breaks into sobbing*

Erm...

I managed to cut my money consumption for lunch from around 12 dollars a week to less than a dollar. Being broke sucks, but at least cup ramen is somewhat satisfying for 28 cents a piece. -.-

I also managed to do this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKg6j7Lu9bk&fmt=18)

Rye
11-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Math is my worst subject. I just studied like a fiend with one of my friends. xD

I need to learn how to do that, Justin. I feel like even when I'm trying to be frugal, I spend at least 10 dollars a day on things I need, like food. It's awful!

Momiji
11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Math is my worst subject. I just studied like a fiend with one of my friends. xD

I need to learn how to do that, Justin. I feel like even when I'm trying to be frugal, I spend at least 10 dollars a day on things I need, like food. It's awful!

Just an added incentive: a cup of ramen and a bottle of water is a full meal, and only 300 calories. :x

EDIT: I just noticed I said 12 dollars. That's 12 dollars a week, not per day.

Peegee
11-14-2008, 06:16 PM
My friend lost 30 lbs on the ramen diet.

Basically he was just as poor as you guys xD

My accomplishment for this week is extending my employment by a year. Other than that I did nothing of consequence, as usual.

Oh, Rubah and I started the Pikachu club which will be destroyed on Saturday ^^

rubah
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
*pikachu club social group :)

I got a good grade on my cal test, a pretty good grade on my materials test (plus opportunities for bonus) didn't die, kissed stu, etc

Rye
11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Yay! I just got back my quiz grade in Psychology, I got 100 on my last quiz, and 5/5 on my project. This is a good day. =O

Aerith's Knight
11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I just had an exam on multiple variables integration, partial differentation equations, complex numbers and 4D vector calculus.

I think I aced everything but the 4D vectors. I forgot how to calculate the normal vector in 4D calculations, and the rest was pretty much based off of that.

I was able to calculate the tangent plane at one point of time, though.

Also, I passed academic orientation.

Momiji
11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Yay! I just got back my quiz grade in Psychology, I got 100 on my last quiz, and 5/5 on my project. This is a good day. =O

I got 18/25 on my Psych quiz today. Not bad for doing a grand total of no studying whatsoever.

Rye
11-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Whatchoo studying in Psychology right now, Justin? :holmes:

Momiji
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Motivation. Ironic, huh?

However, next chapter is Abnormal Conditions, so I'm sure to do well on that. I'm taking three Psych classes next semester, too (well, two classes and one weekly lecture).

Rye
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
That's always fun! My quiz was on the psychology of development and learning, which is what I'm taking next semester, so I'm feeling pretty happy now. xD

Momiji
11-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I have Child Psychology 235, Abnormal Psychology 350, and the one-credit hour Introduction to Scientific Fields in Psychology 100. I don't want to take 100, but it's required, so meh. :/

Akaria
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m20/supermarioman50/colorswapphp.gif
Figured it was pretty much required for a thread with "やった!" in the title.

My good points of the week...? Worked my first day at GameStop yesterday, sent out my claim stuff to my insurance company for the things that got stolen out of my car, cleaned up the death dishes in the sink, got my apartment spruced up and a little more organized, made pancakes...It's been a rather productive week:love:

mooglebunni608
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I dropped a math course!....
Oh. Right.

I bleached my hair! And I earned the money for, and bought, a new iPod. Finally.
Yay! :3

BardTard
11-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Updated my layout on myspace. I did not choose a premade layout!

And I made 2 models of Utada Hikaru on Soul Calibur 3. (No, I don't have SC4 yet. Don't make fun of me!) The really good model is of her at Budokan 2004. She's a swordmaster.

It's sad that that is the extent of my accomplishments.

kikimm
11-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I run around the track almost every day at the nearby park, and this week I have added one more lap. *flex* I'm hoping that by the end of the year I will have added at least 3 more! I think next week I will add another, as just adding this one hasn't been very hard for me.

I also made pancakes for the first time today. :P

Applied for college!

Lots of yayness.

Zeldy
11-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm doing okay at college, that's an achievement for me seeing as I'm not trying my hardest really. I'm getting C/Bs when my target grade is a C, so it's good really :jess: