PDA

View Full Version : Intangir

Blue Harvest
11-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm playing the GBA version and want to defeat at least one of the bastards before going to the floating continent so they show up in the bestiary. But as you all know, the vanish/doom trick no longer works so the bugger keeps owning my (level 28) party. Does anyone have a good strategy for defeating this beast?

f f freak
11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Use Stop. It brings it out of Vanish status and it can't counter your attacks. Eventually Stop will wear off, unless you have one person spam it, so just hope you survive the counter and then cast Stop again, revive and heal any hurt by the counter and keep whacking away. Repeat as necessary.

Zechs
11-16-2008, 09:41 AM
If you have Gau, have him rage a good recovery selection. if not you may want to use Sabin for Blitz and Edgar for Chainsaw. And use shell on everyone. It helps a bit.

Flying Mullet
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
You can always earn some levels on the Floating Continent as well to help you survive his Meteo attacks. For your leveling up, if you want to try and gain high stats, Bismark gives +2 strength, Golen gives +2 stamina (although it's rubbish except with Regen) and Zoneseek gives +2 magic.

blackmage_nuke
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
What do you get for beating them besides satisfaction?

Flying Mullet
11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
They'll show up in the bestiary.

The Unknown Guru
01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Here's how I did it:

Gau: Rhinox. He starts casting Life 3 on your guys.
Terra: Heal when he's invisible, then make him show up by casting Osmose or Drain.
Edgar: When he's visible, Drill.
Sabin: When he's visible, Suplex.
Cast Osmose/drain, hit him, heal, then repeat about 40 times.

Of course, I did this on the SNES, so right after I finished I realized I coulda just Doomed him. >.<

The Man
01-03-2009, 05:16 AM
You can also learn their rage, at least in the SNES version. However, it sucks, but if you want to get every rage then it's mandatory.

The Turk
01-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Does the Gau Rage-Rhodox trick still work on him or has that been removed too? I never considered Rhodox to be cheating like I do Vanish-Doom. Also using Rhodox means that it won't use it's final attack either.

...I have no idea what Rhodox's are called in the GBA version though :P I think they are some of the rabbit things...

Flying Mullet
01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
The Rhodox are the rabbit-like enemies: Figaro Castle - Final Fantasy VI: Enemies (http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/ff6/enemies.php?singleEnemy=Rhodox)

The Turk
01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Apparently they are called Mu's now in the GBA version. (I hate the way they changed all the names!)

On Final Fantasy Wiki it says "Their Rage is popular for farming Intangirs, as it uses Snare, which instantly dispatches them while bypassing their Meteor counter" so Snare still works and is obviously a well known tactic against the Intangirs.

Btw did anybody else get a bit scared the first time you saw the Intangir turn into it's true Behemoth type state? I was like "omg, what's that?!"