PDA

View Full Version : Game Strategy.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, let's get this thing kicked off. At the moment we know we have a Godfather, Hitman, and Goon. We still don't know what DD is, although if he's anything other then Goon, I'd imagine we are the lone mafia, as having more then one in that case would severely underpower the town and make them need a ton of roles. (Unless of course DD is a mafia doctor, or mafia cop, then it would make it obvious that at least there is some sort of killing faction other then us).

Personally, I'm tired of playing the straight up, by the book mafia tactic. I think we should do something unexpected this game. A fake fight between Lekana (Godfather), and BH (Goon, or DD if he's a goon), could be a great way to catch the town by surprise. I remember in IX when two mafia called for the lynch of each other it got me pretty good. It would be risky, but as I said, I'm very tired of "safe playing" as mafia.

I intend to either lay low and vote for one of us today or frame a townie, but that's only if I get a gut vibe.

Also, I think all kills should be directed toward active players. Or at least players who are being beneficial toward the town. In the past I used to search for cops trying to glide under the radar every night, but I've decided you aren't going to really have a shot at finding them till at the very least Night 2. After reviewing what happens to a town when they have a large majority of inactive players, it'd be a waste and a help to the town killing, "Just to make sure we get a kill", until endgame.

If anyone else has any ideas or such, post away.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Someone could play Cop and inspect/hunt a willing Mafian (probably a goon) if they're willing.

In fact, that could be what the argument is about in the first place.

BTW, if you haven't heard me earlier, I'm Laddy and I'm a goon.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
That's dangerous. With a Godfather on our team there must be a Cop, roleclaiming Cop could backfire, unless we could convince the town one is insane or one is naive or such.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Well...do we have any tricks we could use to convince they are insane?

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Sadly, no. Unless the person get's all innocent readings we really can't convince them of anything. If they get all innocents we can say they're naive.

I suppose if we initiate some plan like this on Day 2, on Day 3 we could say we got another Guilty verdict, so we're most likely a paranoid cop.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I suppose so.

Oh, and are we arguing too much in the thread?

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
I've got one last thing to say in the thread, and it's

Exactly. Lynching based of some being just plain stupid usually isn't great idea. It does chalk up some scum as they could be trying to fake stupid, but you can't let your votes be dictated by your emotion. Luna knew everyone would lynch Myrtle just because they hated her. That allowed her to play the town off they're emotions, and I don't like that the first thing you're saying is pro-emotion based voting.

This will distance me from you. After I post this I recommend you conceed and allow discussion to move on.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah.

BTW, i don't really believe that, I was trying to play ignorant.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I know, and it would look bad when people figure out who I am and notice I didn't comment on that.

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Whoops just woke up guys xD

Also laddy, I suggest you listen ton Gobo, he has been a vet so he kinda knows how this works. This prolly the first time i've really been mafia. SOOOO it's really unexpected. Also I'm really good at being a doc. If I play like that I can find us some good power roles fairly easily. Let me finish reading the thread and i'll get some notes out.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I am listening to GoBo, Del. =/ I suck at Mafia, so I have no reason not to.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Far too defensive with my vote against you. Not even commenting on my newest post on you is probably your best option.

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I wonder if i should bandwagon with you gobo xD that would NOT be expected xD two mafiaso going ofr another mafiaso xD

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Aw, dammit! Already posted, but I thought I did a reasonable job with my reply.

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't, you're concede too easily. If gobo wasn't already making comments then i would be on you like hot butter on pancakes.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Ideally we don't lynch a mafioso today. Ideally, DD skates through this day on the skin of his teeth and we bandwagon on him tomorrow, clearing us of all accusations.

Laddy, you need to change your game quick. I actually don't see a problem with conceeding. When it comes down to it sometimes people will make points that you look stupid for trying to refute. His main problem comes in his hard drilling susipicion on Dolentrean. He needs to change the tune that goes with his votes.

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Well if he conceeds when drilling, IE this recent Dol thing, he seems too passive. It makes him seem like he IS trying to skate under the radar by agreeing with everyone. If he keeps doing things like that, he wont make it to day two.

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I NEED CAKE BYE FOR NOW!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Dammit, you guys are really strating to get on my nerves, sorry.

You want me to stop being on Dol's case. so I continue arguing so I won't seem like a Yesman, but when I finally do unvote him, because you're being all pissy, you say I'm agreeing too much!

What do I do?

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I hate it when random guess works.

They're reasons against me are so stupid. xD

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Maybe you're being too confrontational. Calm down a bit.

Oh, and move the focus from me a bit. You sound like a teacher.

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 10:35 PM
...Do what now? xD

'eh, if I get lynched over this it'd be so stupid, that's really all I can say xD

"Day one blows"
"Don't complain read"
"I already did and I wasn't complaining!"
"What? How is that not complaining?"
"HE'S QUESTIONING SOMEONE! LYNCH HIM!"

xDDDDDDD

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-16-2008, 10:37 PM
And the funniest part of it would be that I did more!

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, it's not like people are really agreeing full out with qwerty. It's just his logic is so stupid yet his still hitting. It's like a blind man throwing darts at balloons and actually getting them :spin:

[M] Gaius
11-16-2008, 10:43 PM
It appears a good post by me got me out of the hotseat. I have to go finish a history paper now *flees*

[M] Felix
11-16-2008, 11:26 PM
LOL i leave for a few hours and lols. Looks like I'm in a good seat personally ;)

[M] Athena
11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Nobody seems to be suspicious of me atm. I almost blew it with my response to qwerty's joke, although I honestly did misread that.

[M] Felix
11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Haha no you are on my list. I took notes like I would if i was town. You were a major red flag but you didn't post enough to get much out on you. You, like DD, are treading on thin ice. Seriously if you guys get me and gobo killed, i'ma be pissed. Same goes for you gobo.

[M] Gaius
11-17-2008, 08:29 PM
He's not treading on too thin ice as long as he gets active

Lek, stop being so pissy. What I'm saying is, if I hear one more "If you make me lose" Imma kill us all :D

Dolentrean;2596041']Town rocks!!! One Mafia down, however many left to go!

Little does he know all is going according to plan.

[M] Felix
11-17-2008, 10:47 PM
I didn't say that that Gobo, you never know how to read me. It's why I always slip by you. I'm not being pissy.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
You ARE being pissy. FFS stop having a go at me for every little thing. I'm not going to get you or GoBo killed. I've told him several times that I'll gladly take a bullet for either of you.

[M] Felix
11-18-2008, 07:41 PM
BH I didn't say shiz about you. Well I normally say shiz about you cause you annoy me, but in this game I haven't made a reference to you yet. If I was being pissy, you would know. That was me casually joking about. Stop trying to pull yourself into a battle you wont win.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah well, you annoy me too so :tongue:

I still say you're being pissy.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Kayc, check your PMs on your regular account before we start fighting, k?

To get back on topic...nah I got nothing :tongue:

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
You should probably post to appear active imo. Kace I've distanced myself from you, when someone gives what I feel is really crappy advice to appear as my townie self I have to comment on it :p

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Voting for DD seems to have worked. We're off Sagensyg's suspicion list ^_^

Saggy = Sargent Hatman if you didn't already know that.

[M] Felix
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I honestly don't think it's crappy advice. I think it's good advice. Actually gobo and if i wanted to I could totally start suspicion on you and I was half tempted to. So don't make kayce mad mmkay? If you weren't on my team i'd be arguing with you but I need you so i'll have to deal.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
You don't need me so if either of you want to argue with me (and thus appear to be town if I'm lynched) I'm all for it.

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
It was a good sacrifice. We voted smart yesterday. Today my bet is Momiji get's killed. Why? I started an argument against him, and I always seem to argue against the people who get lynched xD Even when I don't do the majority of the work like yesterday xD

But Momiji's playing a bad game, I think he get's lynched today.

Kace as much as I love you for trying to maniuplate the town (my favorite mafia strategy is making the town kill themsleves), you're going to start looking susipicious if you don't argue against anyone other then NeoTifa. If I was town I would've called you out big time on that. In fact to me it's a big enough giveaway that I needed to make a hint at it in our argument so if anyone else figures it out and the tides turn against you, I could be like "I said that way before any of you :O" But if you'd start on someone else too that probably wouldn't happen. Focusing this much on one person for two days will make you look bad if Celes can get on her feet.

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Also, Kaycee it really is crappy advice. "YOU GUYS ARE INVESTIGATING MOMIJI! STOP!" serious wtf?

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Also no. BH just fucking post we sacrifced Laddy, you now must play your best game possible >:0

[M] Felix
11-18-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm not smurfing saying that. You are a dumbass gobo. I was saying people don't need to bandwagon in thinking. They are wasting a day. I never said, stop trying to lynch momiji I was saying those people who are just agreeing with you need to think of others as well

[M] Felix
11-18-2008, 09:24 PM
I said I was still suspicious of neotifa, I wasn't voting for her. I merely posted today as a filler since I hadn't posted yet. Seeing as I hadn't gone through and taken notes, I was just saying that neotifa is still suspicious to me. I posted, ONCE TODAY about that and you got on my smurfing case. I'm not arguing against just neotifa, I hadn't smurfing posted today.

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Alright shut up and listen to me Kaycee instead of being pompus and superior. Don't give advice in the game thread. It's crap. In fact, it's a scumtell, especially when the advice is just obvious.

Don't tell me you aren't being pissy when you are being smurfing pissy.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Guys, stop arguing. We're on the same side. We're supposed to work together.

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I'll stop arguing when Kaycee stops trying to be a one man team. Seriously, don't call anyone else egotistic when you have to be right every turn.

Take my advice, or leave it.

[M] Athena
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
This will make interesting reading for everyone else when it's moved into the archives :tongue:

Dan-Dan, I answered your question as if I was town. If I didn't know you were scum I'd honestly have no idea which side you're on.

[M] Felix
11-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm being pissy NOW cause you're being dumb. I was pointing out the obvious cause everyone was fucking doing it. Why aren't you on MSN so I can yell at you.

[M] Gaius
11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
"Signing into Windows Live Messanger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I made a peace offering, I'll yell at you later.