PDA

View Full Version : Fourth wall? WHAT fourth wall?

arcanedude34
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I was about to leave Lindblum with Zidane Vivi and Freya after Garnet poisoned me, and I happened to be walking 'round the business district and I ran into one woman who said "I don't make much money selling pots,but I have fun. How about you? Are you having fun doing what you're doing?" At this point you get a choice "Yes, I am." or "No, this game sucks." If you chose the latter the woman then tells you to go buy another game.

For the thread topic, what are some of the funniest moments you remember from this game?

Vivisteiner
11-16-2008, 07:08 PM
lol, that is so awesome. :D

I love the bits with Eiko and Amarant in Treno. Steiner is gold throughout and Zidane makes a few amusing quips (as well as pinches!). Quina is absolutely crazy, I love the bit where Eiko fishes he/r out of the water.

arcanedude34
11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, Steiner and Zidane have me laughing throughout most of the game.

Vivisteiner
11-16-2008, 07:16 PM
You know, if there was one thing I wish more FFs had, its comedy. Part of what made FFIX such a great experience for me was the comedy. The jokes were straight up my alleyway and personally I didn't think the humour detracted from the serious aspects of the game. In a way, the humour heightened the contrast.

Rantz
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I think the funniest moment was Quina's "..... I... so happy....", but there is a bunch of good competition.

charliepanayi
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Along the lines of breaking the 4th wall, I like when Zidane is in the weapons shop in Lindblum and seeing a big sword on the wall, says: "I used to know a guy with spiky hair who carried a sword like this..."

Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names. Baku getting Doctor Tot's name wrong repeatedly is another favourite.

arcanedude34
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names.
It somewhat loses it's affect if you name him Rusty like I did once.
"R-RUSTY?? I AM SIR ADELBERT RUSTY!!!"

sdm42393
11-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I remember on Arcane's first playthrough of the game he named Dagger 'BigMama'. It was kinda funny when Zidane said at the end, "Bring my beloved BigMama to me!"

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Baku getting Toot's (It's Tot.) name wrong was pretty good. :D

Flying Mullet
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names.
It somewhat loses it's affect if you name him Rusty like I did once.
"R-RUSTY?? I AM SIR ADELBERT RUSTY!!!"
Agreed. I did that once and it gets hard at times to remember if he's using the nickname or the real name.

Vivisteiner
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
You should call him 'Rustalot'. That way there's no confusion and its still funny.

Fate Fatale
11-22-2008, 02:45 AM
I remember that I've always named Garnet, "Garnet" instead of Dagger. It's fun when she's trying to be covert as Dagger and people call her Garnet.

I like the whole Cid as a frog part in Desert Palace. He's so helpless.

(Yes, I'm grasping at strings, lol. People took all the good ones. xD)

arcanedude34
11-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Ooh! Here's a good one too. Name Amarant Homo.

"Some call me the Flaming Homo."

"Is that THE Flaming Homo?!"

"So the Flaming Homo has a soft spot for kids, huh?"

James Leopold
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
"People who eat pickles are good people" - possibly the greatest quote of all time.

Also when Kuja's about to throw Eiko into the lava pit in his palace and he says something like:-

"And I do so love deceit!"

I thought that was fantastic. :)

Vivisteiner
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
The OP's talk of poison reminded me of when Garnet put the sleeping drug in the food and Steiner thinks he's being poisoned, even though his food didn't contain any.

arcanedude34
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
The OP's talk of poison reminded me of when Garnet put the sleeping drug in the food and Steiner thinks he's being poisoned, even though his food didn't contain any.
Oh yea! That was classic Steiner goodness right there.

Almost any scene involving any Tantalus members (including Baku and Zidan) or Cid was also pretty funny, such as Cid gwoking and ribbiting even after being turned back to human. Hehe.

sir helix
11-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Zidane teaching Vivi to releave himself.

"twinkle twinkle"

DarkLadyNyara
11-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Kuja had a lot of darkly humorous lines. The"recipe for black mages" was one of my favourites. :D

I prefer Queen, myself. But, yeah. It's pretty funny. :D

.:kerrod:.
11-30-2008, 12:23 PM

haha, i was just about to suggest this one...'homosexual' sounds better, but i don't think it would fit in the letter space provided :(

"twinkle twinkle"

are you sure you've got this right? i thought zidane was tickling vivi...and if they were relieving themselves, wouldn't it say 'tinkle'? plus that's just a ridiculous prospect, why would he be teaching him to urinate?

I remember that I've always named Garnet, "Garnet" instead of Dagger. It's fun when she's trying to be covert as Dagger and people call her Garnet.

i did this once too, it makes me laugh :p

Rantz
11-30-2008, 01:37 PM

"twinkle twinkle"

are you sure you've got this right? i thought zidane was tickling vivi...and if they were relieving themselves, wouldn't it say 'tinkle'? plus that's just a ridiculous prospect, why would he be teaching him to urinate?

I was also a little shocked when someone first suggested this to me, it hadn't crossed my mind before. But replaying that part, it's kind of hard to see it any other way.

arcanedude34
11-30-2008, 03:58 PM
YouTube - Zidane and Vivi [tinkle-tinkle] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts4dOW6zuzM)
"Let's go together"
"Doesn't it feel nice to let yourself go under the stars?"
Tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle.

They are definitely urinating. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Why would he say MALE ritual if he was just tickling him anyways?

charliepanayi
11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought it was pretty funny the whole urination bit (though since Vivi was created would he even need to go to the toilet, that's pretty thorough creation!) - it wasn't like he was teaching Vivi another male ritual at least, now that would have been pretty shocking XD

sir helix
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah it was Tinkle tinkle not twinkle twinkle......XD

Depression Moon
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Zidane grabbing Garnet's ass and just about anything Quina says is funny. I never spoke to that woman in Lindblum I would have to go find her.

Quindiana Jones
11-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Vivi is so magical that his penis twinkles.

12-01-2008, 12:52 AM
YouTube - Zidane and Vivi [tinkle-tinkle] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts4dOW6zuzM)
"Let's go together"
"Doesn't it feel nice to let yourself go under the stars?"
Tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle tinkle tinkle.
Tinkle tinkle.

They are definitely urinating. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Why would he say MALE ritual if he was just tickling him anyways?

how very disturbing...i can't believe i didn't pick up on that :p seems pretty damn homosexual to me

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, pissing next to each other is totally gay.

12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah, pissing next to each other is totally gay.

is that sarcastic? because i don't like your tone!

if you are being sarcastic, then i understand where you're coming from; people do it all the time in a non-gay environment/situation (even urinals are right next to each other), but i dunno, it just seems weird, especially given the situation