PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children Review

Forsaken Lover
11-17-2008, 05:51 AM
For fans of the SpoonyOne, we know he is now also on the site of ThatGuyWithTheGlasses (AKA the Nostalgia Critic) but also on that site is TheGuyInTheSuade. He did an AC review I just watched.

FFVII: Advent Children (http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatdudeinthesuede/animenia/2501-ffvii-advent-children)

My favorite part was the CSI Miami joke.

Jessweeee♪
11-18-2008, 01:21 AM
I stopped watching after thirty seconds S:

Rostum
11-18-2008, 02:49 AM
This guy is an idiot. I don't care about the movie, but this guy needs a life.

Elly
11-18-2008, 03:54 AM
well at least one thing is true, he didn't get the movie, and obviously didn't understand the plot of the game very well either...

Forsaken Lover
11-18-2008, 05:22 AM
This guy is an idiot. I don't care about the movie, but this guy needs a life.

He has one. He entertains people.

well at least one thing is true, he didn't get the movie, and obviously didn't understand the plot of the game very well either...

What's to "get" about the movie? It's terrible. And he did get the game as he liked it... He just thinks the movie is terrible and newsflash, so many, many people. Myself included.
Whether it's the godawful voice-acting (people think the VAs in 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh suck but priase this crap?) or the fact we have a movie full of three terrible villains no one cares about, this movie has no redeeming qualities at all.

I would show you all Spoony's review of FFVII but you'd just whine and say "Sephy doesn't have an Oedipus Complex this guy totally didn't get the game".

Rostum
11-18-2008, 06:48 AM
He has one. He entertains people.

Him entertaining a buch of nerds on the Internet does not equal a life and does not make him less of an idiot. I'm sorry but he's not funny or entertaining.

Wolf Kanno
11-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Well, outside of not catching the fact that the Rufus reveal at the end was more about Rufus hiding Jenova; I think he got most of the movie and I agree with him on most points especially the bad writing and the fact that the film is more about pan-handling to fans than being about a creative expansion of a good game.

The "Religion is Good, Cloud is Jeebus" joke had me laughing as well. ;)

Marshall Banana
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
He's cute!

He has his moments, I think, but the clips of English voice acting make me chuckle the most.

PeneloRatsbane
11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
i think it was ott but a point he made is very true "it would have been easy to do right" just show what the characters from the game have been up to, more locations frm the game and them all coming together. could have been so much better, i still like it but he makes a good point

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2008, 03:05 AM
He's cute!

He has his moments, I think, but the clips of English voice acting make me chuckle the most.

Those had me chuckling too, I had not heard any of the english dialogue until I watched this review. I'm usually skeptical about fans screaming about VA work until I hear it but for once I'm in agreement that the english is pretty bad.

Forsaken Lover
11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree. I usually can tolerate almost any dub and I hate people who think dubs are inherently bad or inferior but the AC voices were terrible.

And people have the nerve to call this good while blasting the Yu-Gi-Oh dub. (apart from edits and script rewriting, the voice-acting in the show wasn't bad at all. Ted Lewis was pure awesome as Yami Bakura)

Wolf Kanno
11-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I agree. I usually can tolerate almost any dub and I hate people who think dubs are inherently bad or inferior but the AC voices were terrible.

And people have the nerve to call this good while blasting the Yu-Gi-Oh dub. (apart from edits and script rewriting, the voice-acting in the show wasn't bad at all. Ted Lewis was pure awesome as Yami Bakura)

The Yu-Gi-Oh dub was pretty good imo as well. I felt it was more of the editing and censorship that damaged that show. Course nothing beats this dub (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucAj0gGFGlQ) ;)

Forsaken Lover
11-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Indeed. Nothing beats Slifer the Executive Producer and Mega Ultra Chicken.

But really we could spend all day just rambling off the infinite number of funny quotes in YGO TAS.
Have yous een the TeamFourStar DBZ Abridged? It's kickass as well.
YouTube - TFS Dragon Ball Z: Abridged Episode 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj9IdUR7qaw)

Raebus
11-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Terrible movie, I agree with the reviewer.

Wolf Kanno
11-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Once again, the real problem with it is the fact that it could have been good had it been done right. Wasn't it originally just going to be a 30 minute flick detailing what everyone was doing? Why could that not have been enough? They could have done the battle against Sephiroth as a flashback (like when Cloud battles him in the Lifestream at the very end) to appease the more rabid fans. There was no point in bringing him back or detailing issues that had technically been resolved (poorly) in the original.

It was just poorly done and I still have major issues with releasing a story that requires an optional book to explain part of the story (Denzel) and another book to explain the villains and the plot (Ultimania).

I still hold that Last Order is the only good thing to come out of the Compilation.