PDA

View Full Version : Nap time

blackmage_nuke
11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Has anyone here ever slept in class? And i dont mean just resting your head on the table or closing your eyes and not paying attention. I mean really sleeping.

A few times after pulling all nighters to finish assignments I have fallen asleep and dreamt about what was being talked about in class. Like once I though there was a guy named root 3/5 and I trying to get him to move somewhere. It's pretty fun because it makes perfect sense at the time and theres the sudden realisation of how absurd it is when I wake up.

Another time I was in studies of religion class and we were watching some video in place of doing some actual work (which doesnt happen often anyway) and I was just going to rest my head but then some guy woke me up because i was drueling

So any anecdotes?

Kirobaito
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
My GPA in college right now is a 3.97. Sleeping is the reason it is not a 4.0.

Freshman year, Intro to Business. Worst class ever. I had stayed up the entire previous night working on a project for the class, and walked straight from the library to the class. I fell asleep. I got counted absent by the dick TA. As a result, I missed out on a valuable attendance bonus that you basically have to have in order to get an A. I ended up .2 short of an A. Death.

Jiro
11-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I've napped a few times, usually during last class on a friday. I'm normally quite tired by that point and just sleep most of the class.

Bunny
11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Almost everyday in my 7am math class and anytime they played a movie in any of my classes.

scrumpleberry
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Once or twice.

Vermachtnis
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Yup, I slept in classes all the time. And now I can't speak French.

rubah
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I slept in class this morning :X it was hard to take notes ;.;

Aerith's Knight
11-19-2008, 12:34 AM
I almost sleep all the time. Which is annoying because I NEED the notes. T__T

Meat Puppet
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Only if the class were ever held in the library. Those beanbags were hellishly comfortable.

Jessweeee♪
11-21-2008, 06:06 PM
I've only really really slept a couple of times. I put my head down and close my eyes a lot, but it's just hard to fall asleep with 20+ kids in the room.

Yar
11-22-2008, 05:10 AM
American Government was right after lunch, so it was my de facto nap time.

I also slept through Algebra I in my freshman year of high-school. His system of grading allowed me to pass with straight As. I tried the same thing through precalculus, and managed a C- average. :-/

Balzac
11-23-2008, 11:32 PM
I sleep in every one of my contextual studies classes.