PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Bearers Has Not Been Cancelled

Crossblades
11-18-2008, 05:24 PM
RPGamer - News Bulletin - Crystal Bearers Has Not Been Cancelled (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2008/111808a.html)

Square Enix's Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers for the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 2005. Back in May 2007, Square Enix released a trailer for the game which showed both cinematics and gameplay. At about the time of this trailer's release, Crystal Bearers' director, Toshiyuki Itahana, did a few interviews which revealed some facts about the game. No information has been released on Crystal Bearers since then.

In the latest issue of EGM, Quartermann wrote in the Rumors Mill column that Crystal Bearers had been quietly cancelled, and to look for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, another upcoming Wii (and DS) game, to take its place. Sonia Im, Senior Public Relations Manager for Square Enix, directly replied to this rumor, stating that it was completely false. She said that Square Enix has "every intention" of releasing Crystal Bearers, and that an announcement about the game would be made when Square Enix "finalizes the [release] date internally." Sonia also stated that Square Enix does not normally comment on rumors, but that fan feedback for this one was strong, and the company wanted to stop the rumor from spreading any further.

Crystal Bearers will be more of a single player experience than the other Crystal Chronicles games. Itahana, in one of his interviews in 2007, revealed that he wanted the game to have a more "mature" look and that the main character should be more "rugged" than the other "cute" characters in the series. Look for RPGamer to have any new info on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers as it is released.

Fate Fatale
11-22-2008, 04:06 AM
This is amazing news!

Now... to get a Wii... :)

.:kerrod:.
12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
yay! i haz a wii :bigsmile: i'm looking forward to the 'more of a single-player experience' part :)

KentaRawr!
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
It better not be canceled. I want me another Final Fantasy where they bear crystals! :mad2:

scrumpleberry
01-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I feel guilty about not finishing CC now. It's my fault, I made myself sick by overlevelling and restarting about 10 times.

Bastian
01-14-2009, 05:47 AM
I'm REALLLLLLLLLLY looking forward to this! I hope i"m not let down.

JKTrix
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Not wasting any time after the release of 'Echoes of Time', a trailer.
YouTube - Final Fantasy CRYSTAL CHRONICLE CRYSTAL BEARERS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKeIm_gYmMk&fmt=22)

KentaRawr!
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
It looks like the Crystal Bearers don't like one another very much.

And Yukes are now fugly.

Roogle
01-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Are you really, now? I always thought of the Crystal Chronicles as a poorly implemented spinoff of the Final Fantasy series. I am sure that all of these games would become more popular if they had online compatibility.

Bastian
02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Ah, but Roogle, I'm old. I'm not really into online capabilities of games, because I'd rather just play multiplayer games with my real life friends in my living room. That's why I LOVED the first Crystal Chronicles game so much. The story was sub-par and having to replay the same levels more than three times got on my nerves. But the game play and graphics and music and multiplayer aspects were perfect.

Unfortunately, I felt that the DS sequel was a huge let down. The multiplayer mode SUCKED. They completely axed 100% of the story out of it. And turned it even further into an action game with forcing you to jump to impossible platforms and such . . . without allowing for camera manipulation. Very frustrating at many points.

But THIS game looks awesome! Maybe a little more sci-fi-ish than I was expecting, but I can deal.

Roogle
02-06-2009, 08:53 PM
The first Crystal Chronicles game had too many requirements to make it a game for friends unless you specifically planned around the fact that you were going to play it. Did all of your friends really have a spare Gameboy Advance and all of that? If so, sounds like a good time. If not, special arrangements for something that could have been implemented in an online space much easier...

ljkkjlcm9
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES:THE CRYSTAL BEARERS (http://www.thecrystalbearers.com/)

the website keeps updating with short clips, and honestly this game looks like it will be amazing.

Are you really, now? I always thought of the Crystal Chronicles as a poorly implemented spinoff of the Final Fantasy series. I am sure that all of these games would become more popular if they had online compatibility.

I am also really looking forward to this, especially the more I see. And while this game seems to be single player focused, your online compatibility request was filled with Echoes of Time.

THE JACKAL

Bastian
04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Roogle, to answer your question: no. My friends did not have GBAs. In fact, neither did I. But my ex had two (he bought an extra one for just this game). I purchased a third for my other friend to play.