PDA

View Full Version : I need to get a PSP...

MadeOfApples
11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Last year, I decided to get a Nintendo DS instead of a Playstation Portable.

In the last year, Square Enix not only remade my favorite title in the Final Fantasy series for the PSP, but also remade the first Star Ocean title. I also found out today, that in January, a remake for Star Ocean 2 is getting released in the United States.

StarOcean 2 is the game that really hooked me on to RPG's and is still a game I replay every year.

.. Sigh.

:(

Anyone want to trade my Nintendo DS for their PSP? It comes with games >_>

Elly
11-19-2008, 12:34 PM
wow you only just recently learned about the Star Ocean 1&2 remakes, they've been hyping those for nearly a year now...
why not just keep your DS and get a PSP to go with it that way you can have access to all the great portable S-E titles available now and in the future, i have both systems and i'm really glad i do that way i'm not limiting my choices...

Vivisteiner
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
How can you not even mention Dissidia?!

Gametrailers.com - Dissidia: Final Fantasy - TGS 2008: Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42668.html)

MadeOfApples
11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
wow you only just recently learned about the Star Ocean 1&2 remakes, they've been hyping those for nearly a year now...
why not just keep your DS and get a PSP to go with it that way you can have access to all the great portable S-E titles available now and in the future, i have both systems and i'm really glad i do that way i'm not limiting my choices...

I really don't keep up to date on gaming news. I don't own any current generation system besides the Nintendo DS (which I rarely play) so I don't see the point.

But I am so excited.

I do own several SE titles for my Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance but neither of those systems have a remake of my favorite game ever made as well as a remake of my second game ever. :)

Plus, Star Ocean 1 was pretty awesome as well.

How can you not even mention Dissidia?!

Gametrailers.com - Dissidia: Final Fantasy - TGS 2008: Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42668.html)

Looks good but I never heard of it until now.

Vermachtnis
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Yea, Star Ocean is great. Kinda easy though. But the voice acting is great. And Cave of Seven Stars is fun addition.

Can't wait for Star Ocean 2.

Elly
11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
you keep mentioning a remake of your favorite game but never say what it is, i'm having a hard time guessing because no S-E games were remade for the PSP except Star Ocean, unless you mean the rerelease of FFTactics or the rerelease of the updated FFI&II, now DS has a cople of FF remakes for FFIII & FFIV, just curious as to what you mean since in 2 posts you said "favorite game" but avoid saying the title... and yes Disidia is gonna be awesome...

Vivisteiner
11-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Looks good but I never heard of it until now.
What planet are you living on? xD

But seriously, tell us what your favourite game is!

MadeOfApples
11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
But seriously, tell us what your favourite game is!

haha, I thought I did! Its Final Fantasy Tactics.

Followed by StarOcean: The Second Story.

Vivisteiner
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
^Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions was awesome. I hadn't played the original though.

The translation is really good IMO, and the cutscenes are absolutely beautiful.

Elly
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
if you played War of the Lions, you've practicly played the original, as it is the original with a better translation and added cutscenes and a couple of added bonus characters and job classes, for all intents and purposes it's only a rerelease with some things added and/or fixed, i have War and the original for PSX and there is no change in controls, graphics, or sound, from PSX to PSP besides the translation & added cutscenes, but those are so well done that they make the PSP rerelease worth getting even if you have the original, it's more like a fixed version...

MadeOfApples
11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
if you played War of the Lions, you've practicly played the original, as it is the original with a better translation and added cutscenes and a couple of added bonus characters and job classes, for all intents and purposes it's only a rerelease with some things added and/or fixed, i have War and the original for PSX and there is no change in controls, graphics, or sound, from PSX to PSP besides the translation & added cutscenes, but those are so well done that they make the PSP rerelease worth getting even if you have the original, it's more like a fixed version...

I actually was against the new translation since its just very strange seeing the characters renamed. But the adding of two classes and new cutscenes sounds fun.

Either way, I own the original (3 copies in fact! 2 still in plastic!) so if the PSP re-release somehow manages to suck poop through a straw, I'll just return it and play the original as a rom. >_>

But I fail to see how a Final Fantasy Tactic remake can fall anything short of amazing.

Slothy
11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I actually was against the new translation since its just very strange seeing the characters renamed. But the adding of two classes and new cutscenes sounds fun.

The renaming of characters doesn't bother me that much. Then again, it's been so long since I last played Tactics I don't remember everyones name, not to mention the fact that the original couldn't always decide what everyone's name was anyway. :D

black orb
11-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I need to get a PSP...

>>> You need to get the money first, and then get a psp..

well, I want a psp too.
being poor and also a gamer is not a winning combination.

Wolf Kanno
11-22-2008, 07:17 PM

Either way, I own the original (3 copies in fact! 2 still in plastic!) so if the PSP re-release somehow manages to suck poop through a straw, I'll just return it and play the original as a rom. >_>

But I fail to see how a Final Fantasy Tactic remake can fall anything short of amazing.

Its not so much renaming as the names were just translated properly. Also, the game has some extra story parts as well that are downplayed for some reason. Two sidequests, one involving Agrias, the other involving Beowulf. You also get the chance to play as a certain important character once in awhile...

If you truly love FFT, you will probably love this game.

Crimson
12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
4 reasons why im getting a PSP this christmas

Crisis Core
FFT (PAL VERSION AT LAST OMFG)
Dissidia
KH: Birth By Sleep

Jessweeee♪
12-02-2008, 04:41 PM
You should save up so you can have both n.n

Jowy
12-02-2008, 05:12 PM
All of you need to go to bed without fucking dessert for not mentioning Valkyrie Profile.

Slothy
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM
All of you need to go to bed without smurfing dessert for not mentioning Valkyrie Profile.

I have it actually, but since I've been busy with work and studying for weeks I've played about half an hour total. I was planning on getting deep into it tonight since I wrote my exam yesterday and don't start my next course until January.