PDA

View Full Version : Shinobido y/n?

sharkythesharkdogg
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I need a fresh injection of ninja stealth goodness and I don't have a 360. Plus, Tenchu Z looked kind of *hurk* anyways. Then I heard about Shinobido. It is apparently the original Tenchu development team's answer to From Software taking over the Tenchu franchise. Also, it seems that they never did a U.S.A. release. I'd have to find a used UK copy and ship it over.
So, if you've played it 1) Is it worth it? 2) Will a UK copy work on an American PS2?

Dreddz
11-19-2008, 10:24 PM
I dunno why Shinobido is currently holding a rating of 59 on metacritic because I thought it was pretty neat. The mission editor was really entertaining. It was one of the few games I sold which I regret now. And while not a ninja game, Way of the Samurai was a much better game from Acquire released for the PS2.

And a UK copy of the game won't work on an American PS2 unless you have a swap disc or a chipped PS2.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-20-2008, 02:45 AM
And a UK copy of the game won't work on an American PS2 unless you have a swap disc or a chipped PS2.

I've only bothered to mod my x-box because it was 20 dollars, and that's the whole reason I bought it. How safe is it to modify/chip a ps2. How does the swap disc work. Basically, could I F-up my ps2 just trying to play this game?