PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero World Tour

I Don't Need A Name
11-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm shocked that there isnt a thread for this already
im loving the game, and the new variety of songs.
tapping board takes a bit of getting used to, but its great :D
opinions?

Kirobaito
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I was surprised there wasn't a thread, either, but since I don't have it yet, I didn't want to make it.

My parents bought it for me last weekend, but I currently am in a different country. One of my roommates is going to get his PS2 soon and we'll rent it. I won't be able to get to my own version until Christmas when I go back to the States.

At any rate, the tracklist looks incredible. I'm very excited.

o_O
11-19-2008, 10:30 PM
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a video game so much as I did when I was playing Vicarious on drums...

Pete for President
11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I will get this game sometime soon, but it'll be just the guitar pack for me. The whole package seems a bit too expensive. Besides, I'm still happily running around a little big planet so there's no need to spend another 90 euro's yet.

Rinoabella
12-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I have this game and I am liking it! I think RB is easier, cleaner and hotter, but the drumset in GHWT is just too cool.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
I picked up Rock Band 2, but as I understand the peripherals work both ways so I've been considering getting the drum extensions and picking up GHWT as well. Nice to see it's good, how's the setlist, overall?

Pete for President
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I was a bit sceptical at start about the setlist, but the later "gigs" are awesome. Dont know about the drums stuff though, I only own the guitar version. Float On by Modest Mouse and Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz are my favorites so far.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Float On is also in Rock Band 2, so not too huge a recommendation there. I should just look up the setlist and see what all I recognize, but with these games I will often recognize a song but not know the title so it doesn't necessarily help.