PDA

View Full Version : recipe thread

rubah
11-20-2008, 03:09 AM
I just got an idea for something that could(?) be delicious;

pretzels with a slight lime flavor.

My reasoning is this:
1) I was drinking some Diet Coke with Lime and ate some pretzels. They were delicious, especially since I could still catch hints of the lime idk reverberating off my tongue? whatever, it was great.
2) lime fritos were amazing (or so I thought)
3) salt+lime in tequilas for margarits, y/y?

Share your recipes here!

qwertysaur
11-20-2008, 03:19 AM
sounds interesting rubah.

I made an interesting milkshake the other day :p

I took Vanilla ice cream, and strawberry milk and mixed them together. I then threw in some mini chocolate chips and whipped cream XD. It was very sweet, but yummy.

Araciel
11-20-2008, 03:24 AM
My favourite milkshake is with vanilla ice cream, milk, and some chocolate chip cookies... hah it's thick but it's soooo good.

Peegee
11-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Steam up some rice (lulz rice) and toss it on a frying pan. Throw in some (priorly prepared) choppped chicken. Crack 2-3 eggs depending on amount of rice.

Mix and serve.

PG style fly lie.

Rye
11-20-2008, 04:10 AM
My favorite thing to make is Pumpkin Pie. I modified the LIBBY'S Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe slightly to be richer. I bolded the parts I changed for great justice. :bigsmile:

LIBBY'S Famous Pumpkin Pie

* 1/2 cup of white sugar
* 1/2 cup of brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
* 2 large eggs
* 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
* 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
* Pumpkin Spice sprinkled on top of the pie when cooled.

This Thanksgiving, I am having a one-person baking festival, you see! =O

I am making these following dishes as well:

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:

* 1 1/2 cups shortening (may well change this for butter)
* 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
* 2 cups packed brown sugar
* 3 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt

LIBBY'S Pumpkin Rolls:

* 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin spice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
* 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

And since the recipe for some reason became vile and suggested I put CREAM CHEESE of all things inside these rolls (I almost threw up when I read that), I need to find something else to put inside. I'm thinking the vanilla stuff you put on cinnamon buns.

WHICH I AM ALSO BAKING, BUT I'VE YET TO FIND THE PERFECT RECIPE.

OH! OH OH! I AM ALSO MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. =O

Best Thanksgiving EVER~~~

:ariel:

Tavrobel
11-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Amn + Ral + PAmethyst = Socketed Weapon

Vodka + Brownies --> ???

IronOcean
11-20-2008, 04:27 AM
could put so much in here but i dont want to sound like a snob;) i cant wait to see what othe rpeople put

Rantz
11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Water + Salt + Yeast + Flour = Bread :monster:

Montoya
11-20-2008, 07:12 AM
I get coffee. Put sugar, cream, and more shots. Begin day.

Marshall Banana
11-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Today or tomorrow, for the first time, I'll make and eat <a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chic-easy/strawberry-shortcake-recipe/index.html" target="_blank">this royal dessert</a>. :temigi::kaocheer:

<center>http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/ichigoshortcake.gif Strawberry shortcake http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/ichigoshortcake.gif</center>

<ul style="list-style-image:url(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/strawberry.gif)"><li>1 1/2 pounds of strawberries</li><li>5 tablespoons of sugar</li><li>2 cups of flour</li><li>2 teaspoons of baking powder</li><li>1/4 teaspoon of baking soda</li><li>3/4 teaspoon of salt</li><li>1 1/2 cups of heavy cream</li><li>Whipped cream</li></ul>
<ul style="list-style-image:url(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/strawberry2.gif)"><li>Mix the strawberries with 3 tablespoons of sugar and refrigerate them for 30 minutes</li><li>Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit</li><li>Sift together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt</li><li>Add the heavy cream and mix well</li><li>Pour the mixture into a pan and bake it for 18 to 20 minutes</li><li>Allow the shortcake to cool, then cut it into pieces, and cut each piece in half horizontally</li><li>Add strawberries and whipped cream between each shortcake pair</li></ul>

<center>:kauberry: <a href="http://erecipe.woman.excite.co.jp/search/detail/b242649d05dfc4fb95feec7ccd32e8e9.html" target="_blank">http://erecipe.woman.excite.co.jp/search/detail/b242649d05dfc4fb95feec7ccd32e8e9.html</a> :kauberry:</center>

Kirobaito
11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Since I made them last week,

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts
2 bell peppers
1 yellow onion
2 small cans - Cream of Mushroom
2 small cans - Cream of Celery
2 small cans - Cream of Chicken
Small tub of Sour cream
Garlic Salt
Butter
Rotel
Packet of shredded cheddar cheese
Packet of shredded mozzarella cheese
Corn Tortillas

Instructions
1. Boil chicken breasts in garlic salt
2. While chicken is boiling, combine all cans of assorted creams in a mixing bowl, and blend well.
3. Dice onion and bell peppers, and sautee.
4. When chicken finishes boiling, do not empty the pot of the chicken broth. Dice and mix chicken in mixing bowl with sour cream and peppers and onion and rotel.
5. Grease a baking pan, and dip the corn tortillas in the chicken broth. Layer the baking pan with one layer of corn tortillas, one layer of half of your chicken/sour cream/peppersonion/rotel mix, and half of your creams mix. Add another layer before topping it with a third layer of corn tortillas. Cover the top with the cheese.
6. Cook 45 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit in a pre-heated oven.

NeoTifa
11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
po' bish lo mein

1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
1 tblsp minced garlic
2 pkg raman noodles w/ flavoring (i like beef and oriental mixed ^_^)
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup frozen peas (or snow peas)
6 cups chopped greens (i use romain)

in a frying pan or wok, pour some oil and put on high until water pops and burns you. put the hamburger, carrots, onions, and garlic in and fry until the hamburger is in little peices and brown. crumble in raman noodles, flavoring, and water. stir until noodles are soft and most of water is evaporated. add peas. after about a minute, add greens and make sure theyre all mixed in. turn off stove and enjoy!!!

^___________^

Aerith's Knight
11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Chicken a la Dennis:

Needed:
- 99%-lean chicken(spend a little more, you cheapskates)
- Ketjap
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Paprika powder
- Salt

Preperation:

- cut up a portion of chicken(I don't care which size) into small pieces.
- Put them in a bowl
- Pour Ketjap until they are soaked.
- Add chilipowder, salt, paprika powder and some ground black pepper in quantities that I can't describe :p. Just not too much, go on how much chicken you have.
- Mix them around
- Put some olive oil in a pan
- Bake the chicken in it's own juices(just throw it all in there).
- Stir every few minutes, add ketjap for glossy finish(not too much).
- Enjoy.

Marshall Banana
11-20-2008, 06:16 PM
The recipe for strawberry shortcake that I posted is great! I didn't like the whipped cream, though; it made me very sick. I have to lay down now.

<center>http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/shortcake.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/ichigoshortcake.gifhttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/strawberrycheer.gifhttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/gainedlevel.gifhttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/strawberrycheer.gifhttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/Emotions/ichigoshortcake.gif</center>

Aerith's Knight
11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
You shouldn't eat too much whipped cream. That's pure fat and sugar. Of course you'd get sick, silly monda.

You go get better. ^__^

sharkythesharkdogg
11-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet n Spicy pineapple stir fry. This works very well with chicken or shrimp, but I keep it veggie-tastic for the wife.

3-4 cups white rice
1 small onion
1 medium bell pepper
4 large carrots (we like carrots, you can always dial it back)
1 handful sugar-snap peas
1/2 handful bamboo shoots
1 can chunk pineapple
2-3 table spoons ground cayenne pepper
1 can coconut milk
1 table spoon olive or peanut oil (for the wok)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup honey

Place the juice from the canned pineapple, coconut milk, honey, and cayenne pepper in a sauce bowl and bring to a boil. Boil for around 3 minutes just to allow everything to mix together. Stir it regularly while boiling. Then bring down to a simmer. It will remain on simmer while you prepare everything else.

As sauce begins to boil begin steaming your rice. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes for the rice to finish. (It might all depend on the steamer though, so I guess you'll have to experiment. :confused: )

I take the first 8 minutes or so to chop all my veggies up and the last 5 minutes to cook them. I add the carrots, onion, cashews, and bell pepper first as they take longer to cook. Then I add the shoots, peas, and pineapple about halfway through. Note that we also like crunchier rawer veggies. If you like mushy veggies(yick!) cook them a little longer.
Add the sesame seeds at the last minute and just stir it all up.

By the time you finish frying it up, your rice should be about done. The sauce should be thickened up. Enjoy!

duckie
11-20-2008, 09:52 PM
My friend makes s'mores with peanut butter.

Miriel
11-21-2008, 12:19 AM
You guys need to post some damn pictures.

Beef, potatoes and veggie stir fry. One pot wonder.

This is a fairly simple dish that's SUPER good and you can cram it all into one sauce pan. I'm not gonna be precise about this, cause you don't have to be precise about it. Pretty much add as much or as little of the major ingredients as you want.

A couple potatoes
A chunk of meat, cut into strips
White or yellow Onion
Green onion
Red pepper
Green pepper
Jalapeño
Garlic paste/puree
Soy sauce

So you slice up the meat, you chop up the potatoes, you slice up some red and green peppers and jalapeno and onions. You get a saucepan up to medium high heat and toss in some vegetable oil and some garlic, then you toss in the potatoes and onions and let it cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Then you toss in the meat and let that cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Then you toss in the peppers and mix it all around. Then you drizzle the whole thing with a few table spoons of soy sauce, put a lid on it and let it cook away on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, open the lid, top it with some green onions and ta da! Yummy stir fry! It's seriously really really good.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/stirfry.jpg

Taco Truck style tacos. My go-to "I'm hungry" food item.

You need:

Corn tortillas
Skirt steak or flank steak (I find skirt to work best)
Diced Onions - white or red
Lime juice
Minced garlic
Olive oil
Diced jalapeño peppers

Optional:
Spanish rice (I like the Near East boxed kind)
Drive to Los Angeles, go to the Pico Rivera district and get yourself some of King Taco's world famous omfgamazing hot salsa roja.

I get a zip lock bag and fill it with maybe half a cup of lime juice, half a cup of olive oil, and diced up jalapeño peppers, and a good heaping tablespoon of garlic. Or even two tablespoons. You can never get enough garlic. Then I toss in the hunk of meat with some salt and pepper and let it marinade for 1-2 hours. No longer than that because the acid in the lime juice can totally eff up meat if you let it sit for too long.

Then I get a cast iron grill heated up at high and grill up the meat. Usually about 6-7 minutes per side. Warm up some tortillas on the side and when you're ready, scoop up the meat onto the tortilla (it HAS to be corn tortillas! Has to be!) top it with some onions, top it with some hot sauce, and you have some authentic tacos to eat up. A lot of people like to add cilantro, so you can do that if you want. I like to add a bed of spanish rice to my tacos so that it's sort of a taco, sort of a burrito. Either way it's damn good. And if you can find yourself some quality hot sauce, even better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/tacos.jpg

Marshall Banana
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Mmm! Del Murder is a lucky guy!

Aerith's Knight
11-21-2008, 01:08 AM
You think they'd adopt me? :drool:

Rocket Edge
11-21-2008, 02:42 AM
They look almost too delicious.

I have no recipes other than the norm unfortunatly.

rubah
11-21-2008, 03:06 AM
well, what's your favorite normal recipe then?

41-Inches-Wide
11-21-2008, 03:14 AM
PURE FUDGE CHEWS

3 cups Chocolate Chips
3 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cup Marshmallows

Melt the chocolate chips in a small pan, add milk and vanilla and stir until mixture is creamy and all chocolate are melted smoothly.

Take the pan out of heat and while its still hot, melt the marshmallows in!

Put into rectangular pan and add a bit more marshmallow to decorate. Freeze for 10 hrs.

Rantz
11-21-2008, 07:28 AM
You should make a voice recording out of that, too! :shifty:

Montoya
11-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Miriel, is it wrong to lust after food? :drool:

Marshall Banana
11-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Aicha, I had chocolate chips and marshmallows, so I prepared PURE FUDGE CHEWS this morning.

Jowy
11-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Here's something simple.

1) Open can of Spaghetti-Os.
2) Add two teaspoons of Frank's Red Hot.
3) Pour red hot into Spaghetti-Os
4) Heat.
5) Grab liberal amount of Hint of Lime Tostitos.
6) Break them up into small pieces, sprinkle over Spaghetti-Os.
7) Dinner!

NeoTifa
11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
NO!!!! The best is beefaroni and cheetos!!! With parmesean cheese!!!

Marshall Banana
11-22-2008, 02:08 AM
I ate Miriel's stir fry for dinner and Aicha's PURE FUDGE CHEWS for dessert. Both were yummy!

41-Inches-Wide
11-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I ate Miriel's stir fry for dinner and Aicha's PURE FUDGE CHEWS for dessert. Both were yummy!

I KNOW RITEEE! AHAHAHA :jess:

crono_logical
11-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Tuna, mayo, cheese, fresh green/red chilli peppers, plus other salady stuff like lettuce/tomato makes for nice filling sandwiches - before I found that out, I found tuna to be one of the most boring and plain tasting fish I've ever eaten :p

Marshall Banana
11-22-2008, 10:40 AM

I KNOW RITEEE! AHAHAHA :jess:
They taste like the chocolate Easter bunnies that have white filling. =O

Brokenminds
11-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Neon Diabetes Blasters:

Pour bag of brownie mix into a bowl.
stir well.
add in 1/2 cup each Froot-Loops, Gummi Bears, & Sprinkles.
Pour into cooking pan.
Layer and cut.
Enjoy.

(Don't even ask about my 'Special Kool-Aid')

rubah
11-25-2008, 06:11 AM
I think my tummy started churning at that xD It makes me think of the edible cell diagrams we made in 10th grade biology! uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh the memories.

Brokenminds
11-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I can see it now: "Hey, try the Magnesium Sulfate, it's so much tastier than the Ammonium Chloride" XD

rubah
11-25-2008, 06:53 AM
nah, this was like mitochondria and stuff