PDA

View Full Version : The December Holiday Confessionals Thread

Rye
11-20-2008, 04:57 AM
http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/hanukkah3.gifhttp://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/christmas/snowglobe1.gifhttp://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/christmas/xmashse.gifhttp://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/christmas/snowglobe1.gifhttp://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/hanukkah3.gif

As the month of December is approaching in a very few days, I've decided that I am going to start a December Holiday Confessionals thread. A lot of people are lonely during the holidays. To be able to share and have others share with them their sentiments during this season is a really precious thing.

Basically, starting now, I am going to ask members, any member, to send me a passage about how they feel about the holidays and this month, whether it be a personal experience, sentiments, a story, a wish, anything. PM me. I need to have a few before December so that I'm ready, but feel free to send more into the month.

:save: Each day in December until Christmas I will post one passage a day. Everyone can discuss it, add their thoughts, etc!

:save: It can be anonymous if you like (in this case, log onto the gmail account: sharechristmaslove@gmail and the password: christmas and use that email address to send me an email @ ry.rikkuyuna89ATgmail.com). As long as it's heartfelt. Something to make us smile.

:save: All I ask that they be more than just a few sentences, please. Take some time to do this and put an effort into it. I won't post something that clearly hasn't had effort put into it!

T'is the season, sweethearts. Get to it and get posting!

http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/christmas/XMasDeerLine.gif

Madame Adequate
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I look forward to working closely with Bunny to crush everyone's seasonal spirit :jess:

But in seriousness this is a lovely little idea, I hope everyone takes part :kaoclove:

Blue Harvest
11-20-2008, 03:16 PM
You cannot crush my seasonal spirit :jess:

Rye
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-16819650271083_2026_4437269

That's the spirit! Let's so GIFT!

Bunny
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I look closely to working with Bunny to crush everyone's seasonal spirit :jess:

I hate this holiday so much.

Rocket Edge
11-20-2008, 03:49 PM
December, my very favourite month after the other ones.

Peegee
11-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I look forward to this Christmas. I have not spent a lot of time with my family as I moved out. Also, for the first time in about 5 or so years I have roommates I want to spend Christmas with.

There's going to be a Christmas dinner/dance coming up, and I'm sure there's going to be extemporaneous fun to be had. There always will be.

Madame Adequate
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh man PG that red is so much more delicious than yellow. Thank you!

I'm thinking of what I might write about for this. :holmes: But I've not got anything yet.

Peegee
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm thinking of what I might write about for this. :holmes: But I've not got anything yet.

OOC: yellow appears fine on EoFF 2.0

What sort of zany stylesheet are you using. Dear God...fluffy puff?!

scrumpleberry
11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
This christmas is going to be pretty bad for me to be honest.

Raebus
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I look closely to working with Bunny to crush everyone's seasonal spirit :jess:

I hate this holiday so much.

This.

I hope to be working for most of it.

Stfu manus.

Old Manus
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
In during 'I hate christmas lolololololol look at me guys'

Madame Adequate
11-20-2008, 07:10 PM

Yes Fluffy Puff, what do I look like, heterosexual?

Aerith's Knight
11-20-2008, 07:11 PM
I think I'll PM you something. I'll work on it next week.

Aren't I just awsome? :)

Peegee
11-20-2008, 07:26 PM

Yes Fluffy Puff, what do I look like, heterosexual?

Shrug. Like it matters to me. Nobody tolerates my fetishes while I'm almost universally accepting of sexual fetishism /qq

I just picked Fluffy Puff bc it's the first stylesheet that would clash with yellow text =)

rubah
11-20-2008, 07:51 PM
he actually is (was) using fluffy puff (as of the time I looked in the modcp).

Gwawr
11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm really looking forward to it. All of my harp teaching ends in two weeks, but I have a couple of weddings to play for, which always pay quite well. I'm hooking up with a particularly gorgeous flautist in a wedding this weekend, so not only do I get paid a lot but I get to play with a really REALLY good-looking guy. :)

My family Christmases are usually quite mental, having 10 brothers and sisters. Usually there's a huge Christmas dinner which is cooked by me mam and dad, and Harri has a longstanding tradition of cooking desert (for a family of 13 - I don't envy her!). The twins are very big on their practical jokes so we spend the entire day watching them like a hawk, and then we all go outside to the summerhouse (which thankfully has heating) and play music and sing. Gotta love the family Christmases. :)

Rye
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
I got one sent to me today. Please keep them coming. A good experience, a wish, anything. Just send it to me. I'll post one a day each day in December until Christmas!

Rantz
11-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I like Christmas!

My family Christmases are usually quite mental, having 10 brothers and sisters. Usually there's a huge Christmas dinner which is cooked by me mam and dad, and Harri has a longstanding tradition of cooking desert (for a family of 13 - I don't envy her!). The twins are very big on their practical jokes so we spend the entire day watching them like a hawk, and then we all go outside to the summerhouse (which thankfully has heating) and play music and sing. Gotta love the family Christmases. :)

Your surname is Weasley, isn't it? :greenie:

Aerith's Knight
11-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I like Christmas!

The Weasley's don't sing, they frolic. :)

Blue Harvest
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
This christmas is going to be pretty bad for me to be honest.

Aww poor scrumples *hugs*

Rye
11-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I have three so far. Please send more!

Gwawr
11-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I like Christmas!

The Weasley's don't sing, they frolic. :)

Yeah, we get that a lot. :)

scrumpleberry
11-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd love to send one. I'll send one at once if I'm stuck with lovely warm winter spirit, ryechu, but I'm just not inspired :((

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Finally i can say humbug without people looking at me strangely...as much. Ti's the season!

Rye
11-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I got a really nice written one via email. :] Keep them coming.

Jowy
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Screw you people and your dinner, there's a 13 hour Arrested Development marathon on that I don't get to watch today.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2008, 03:00 AM
How many did you get?

o:

Rye
12-13-2008, 03:02 AM
LIKE, TWO. ;;

Tavrobel
12-13-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm afraid I must confess something tragic and dear to my heart.

I have nicknamed all of the girls that I bother to mention in conversation with friends in real life and online. I am deeply regretful of the fact, that I may have mentioned "Diff EQ girl" and "the Ravens fan" (or "the Redskins fan" when I am feeling particularly spiteful) by their names to some people before. And for that, I apologize. Women do not have names.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2008, 03:27 AM
LIKE, TWO. ;;

NOOOO and it was such a neat idea ;_;

Levian
12-13-2008, 03:29 AM
:save: All I ask that they be more than just a few sentences, please. Take some time to do this and put an effort into it. I won't post something that clearly hasn't had effort put into it!

This is where you lost us, Rye.

Tavrobel
12-13-2008, 03:32 AM
I will gladly post effortless works!

Rye
12-13-2008, 03:34 AM
I should have known, Levian! EoFF doesn't even make an effort to get girls! ;;

Tavrobel
12-13-2008, 04:32 AM
That is quite untrue, Rye! I was very wonderfully shot down by one that I was pursuing today, and cockblocked by another not less than two hours later!

Rye
12-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Have an anonymous one, then:

I'm really excited with Christmas. I mean seriously excited every single year. I don't get as much presents as I want to. I want to get a lot. But I think I'm hoping for too much.

I also really want something special to happen. I'm not particular with it, but as long as it's special.

black orb
12-13-2008, 05:02 AM
>>> I stopped caring about chritsmas since my heart turned cold and hard as a stone..

Rye
12-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Here's another anonymous one that I'll post for today:

You know, all I really want for Christmas is to be happy. Christmas is a holiday that I always see in a negative light. My family is very broken, and there is often a lot of fighting during this season. It breaks my heart. Sure, of course, I like getting Christmas presents and stuff, but I still have this constant hollow feeling every year. It doesn't help much that I'm a total shut-in who gets little to no actual human interaction, but still wishes for eventual love. Of course, there are those I have feelings for, but I can't bring myself to say anything to them. I don't know how. I'm tired of spending every day doing the same things over and over, alone. To put it simply, I don't want to be alone anymore. It's really hard for me to interact with people in person. It's even harder when they don't share my interests. Meeting someone that I can hold in my arms and call my own would make me boundlessly happy. I want to be needed. I want to belong to someone. Sometimes I just never see that happening, though. I look at these same walls every night, in this cold bedroom, and it's easy to say that every night feels more lonesome than the next.

Do not get me wrong. This is not a complaint. I bring a lot of my problems upon myself. If I cannot find my own personal happiness this year, then I hope at least one of you out there does.

So how do I feel about this month? Indifferent. It's cold and boring. How do I feel about the holidays? Well, I don't like them. I'm tired of going to 5 different family members' houses for Christmas every year, just because no one gets along.

I'd wish for something sappy like world peace or something like that, but I know it will never happen. Instead, I wish that everyone gets what they want out of life. I know it's completely unrelated to Christmas, but it is my sincerest wish. Don't let anything hold you back, ever. Life is too short. Life is too precious. If you want something good to happen in your life, then get off of your ass and make it happen. I know this full well, and yet I still cannot bring myself to do so. Don't be like me. Find your happiness in life if you haven't yet. Use your time wisely. In the end, it's all you really have

Old Manus
12-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Commence frenzied guessing of the anonymous christmas commentators. My money for that last one is on Itsunari 3000.

Rye
12-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Has he even posted this year? xD

I've gotten a few more Confessionals, suddenly. I shall post a new one tomorrow. Or maybe one tonight, to make up for lost momentum?

.:kerrod:.
12-13-2008, 04:30 PM
i want to see a white christmas one day ;_;

summer christmases are nice (swimming in the pool, barbeque lunch [though we have baked ham and all the traditional christmas stuff too], etc.), but it would be so amazing to see a winter christmas for once...the only problem is that i'd have to be very far away from my family...but i'm sure one christmas apart won't kill us :)

i think i've metioned this in another thread, but i doubt anybody listens to my many complaints, desires and ramblings, so i shall continue to post it until i finally fulfil this wish! :tongue:

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I liked that one :spin:

Rye
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Yet another anonymous one. =O

My Christmases have been very varied. Sometimes, I've had a really great time, got amazing presents, and just generally got the kind of Christmas a kid should get. And sometimes I haven't, getting very few presents that I don't want anyway, being around a fighting, arguing, drunk family, and wanting the holidays to go away and stay away.

Luckily these days things are quite good. My family has split and so there's no more fighting. I've had some good Christmases recently, getting nice gifts, having a nice relaxing Christmas day where everyone is happy. And next year will be even better, because a lot of things in my life which are in the works now will have fallen into place by then, so hopefully that will be the best Christmas yet!

I like Christmas nowadays, a whole lot. I hope I can help those I care for have good ones as well.

Tavrobel
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I have a confession to make. I was given booze in a chocolate bottle. And then I proceeded to spill the contents onto myself. I apologize to all of those whiskey connoisseurs out there whose thirsts were not quenched by this satisfactory, less than an ounce's worth of chocolate and alcohol. If you would like, I shall offer you my hoodie's sleeves and a part of my shirt to suck on.

Rye
12-16-2008, 01:29 AM
christmas was never particularly awesome for me, but now i have moved far from home i miss the togetherness of my family

i dont really have anyone to spend christmas day with here, all my friends have thier own family stuff going on, so i usually treat it like any other day off work. last year though i went to the park and hung out with some homeless guys for a while. i bought a bottle of nice whiskey and some christmas cake and we had a good time. it makes you realise how commercial and "fake" christmas is. i'd take an afternoon talking old stories and jokes over the gaudy decorations and http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty christmas music any day.

i still miss my grandmothers christmas turkey though :P

scrumpleberry
12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
My god why are these all depressing |: I may have to stop being lazy and write you a happy one!

Iceglow
12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll give you one, sod it I don't need anonymity because I'm a man's man! ;)

Every year I've always been surrounded by family at Christmas and now I've moved out and I work too much to be healthy for me, my girlfriend in Poland with her loved ones I know in my heart that whilst I may be facing my first Christmas alone in my room with nothing other than the internet and my bottle of vodka for company I'm never truly alone for merely a few simple clicks on my mouse calls up some of the greatest I have ever known, and for if I get bored of being silent sitting here with my laptop I can merely bug you guys to get on your Xbox Live and come and whoop my butt on Halo 3 this night!