PDA

View Full Version : The Ciddies: Pre-Nomination Consideration!

Goldenboko
11-21-2008, 11:12 PM
The Ciddies are the place where the Fathers of EoFF Literature are picked, the Final Fantasy Picasso's, and Van Gogh's, the best of the best, the cream of the crop, la crème de la crème if you will. Of course Shakespeare wouldn't have possibly been considered without his original supporters. The ones who took Macbeth and thrust it into the public's eye. His loyalists. This is where you come in. EoFF's best needs their fans to represent. Submit things that you feel are the best of the best from some of the best to Goldenboko via the Private Messaging Service (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=23336). Note: These are not nominations for the Ciddies, but instead works, posts, threads, etc. for people to be able to consider while nominating.

These are the categories (sneak preview time!) that lend themselves to having content submitted for consideration:
17) Best Thread
18) Best Post
19) Best Custom Rank
20) Best Avatar
21) Best Signature
22) Best Artist
23) Best Graphic Designer
24) Best Writer
25) Best Poet

Again PM me, Goldenboko, with what you want to submit for the FYC thread. These should either be links to member profiles for the custom rank, avatar and signature or links to posts/threads (whether it be of works made by Artists and Writers, or Posts and Threads for the Best Post or Best Thread Awards) for the other items. There's no limit to how many submissions you can send in for each category. For the best avatar, sig, etc. the member must have posted within the last six months and before November 10th, 2008, i.e. they've been active and didn't just start posting because of the Ciddies so they would be considered. Same goes for any posts, artwork, etc. It must have been posted in the last six months and before November 10th, 2008 (Note: If the thread is a continued thread such as a graphic arts thread that is continually updated, it may be considered even if it was started before 6 months time). I will accept nominations for almost one week, until roughly 4:00pm GMT on Wednesday, November 26. The results will be posted in a FYC thread when nominations begin so the members can browse submissions if they are unsure of who to nominate, or just want to see what other people thought were nominatable.

Again, THESE ARE NOT NOMINATIONS but rather submissions you feel should be brought to the general membership's attention when it comes time for them to perform the actual nominations. The nomination thread will be up soon enough, this is Pre-Nomination, that's right the Ciddies are getting even bigger.

Well, send in the PM's people!

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks for setting this up GB! :D

Folks, be sure to send in submissions to GB that you think are Ciddie worthy and to help those out that don't typically delve into the artsy-fartsy forums like writing and art!

Old Manus
11-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Posting in Ciddies thread

So we are indeed having Best Thread & Post this time?

11-21-2008, 11:41 PM
So we are indeed having Best Thread & Post this time?
Aye.

Nice
11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
This place just gets weirder and weirder. I love it. =/

Shakespeare, cause I feel like going on a tangent here, had the greatest supporters/fans possible which included Queen Elizabeth 1. =0

Well that was my fun fact for the day. See ya.

Goldenboko
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
It's been a full day and no prenoms. Come on peeps! D:

Tavrobel
11-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Stickied threads don't ever get viewed unless they are already "hot topics."

I happen to be an expert on the subject. Seriously.

41-Inches-Wide
11-23-2008, 06:26 AM
I can't think of anything at the moment to nominate in the Ciddies, I guess I'll just wait and see what names come up.

Levian
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
And that's exactly what everyone else is also thinking. :]

Wolf Kanno
11-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I just don't want to be a egotistical prick and nominate myself. I had a few threads I thought were very interesting or at least posts. Yet I feel this should be more about nominating other people's accomplishments. :eep:

Aerith's Knight
11-23-2008, 09:13 PM
The contestants left in the art contest should be automatically nominated.

rubah
11-23-2008, 09:49 PM
why?

Aerith's Knight
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Because those are the artists?

Seems those would be natural for Best artist.

rubah
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
No, they really don't have any correlation. The ciddies is about notoriety :p

Goldenboko
11-24-2008, 02:53 AM
I just don't want to be a egotistical prick and nominate myself. I had a few threads I thought were very interesting or at least posts. Yet I feel this should be more about nominating other people's accomplishments. :eep:

I'd be happy with you prenoming yourself. I'll claim I did it.

11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Remember, these aren't nominations, just suggestions for people to nominate. I'd highly encourage people to submit things by themselves in addition to those by others. Once the nominations start, the lists of submitted things will be available for people to browse if they want. If they think your work is crap, they won't nominate you, simple as that. So don't worry about self-submission. (:jokey:)

Wolf Kanno
11-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Well if we're only going by the last six months as per usual Ciddies rules; this is my favorite thread I made in the last 6 months and it also has one of my favorite posts (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2272522-post18.html).

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/108450-define-ff-experience.html

If I can go farther... I would throw in the FF villains get together thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/100864-all-final-fantasy-villains-sit-down-talk.html) but that was close to a year ago come to think of it.

11-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't forget to PM your submissions to GB.

black orb
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
>>> So we have to do this before we even have a chance of getting nominated?...
man. the eoff artists sure have to struggle.

BTW, 5 pics is the limit right? since i have too many i`ll have to choose them carefully..

Agrias
11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I vote Levian.......

For everything.:o

11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
>>> So we have to do this before we even have a chance of getting nominated?...
man. the eoff artists sure have to struggle.
Absolutley not. Last time people bitched that the FYC thread was posted too late, not stickied, etc... so it was of little value. This time, to try and make it more useful, we're asking people to submit items "For Your Consideration" so that if people don't want to browse the arts and writing forums when they're doing nominations and voting they can have a "cheat sheet", if you will, to highlight some of the better works.

I honestly didn't think this was going to be such a fiasco. See if I ever do anything nice for you people again! :p