PDA

View Full Version : The New Xbox Experience~

Markus. D
11-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Isn't it neat?

Installing my games and playing 'em from he Hard Drive is SOOOOO much less noisy and I notice alot less Frame Lag :D!

Oh, and there's these slanty-hipped-sattire-parody-clause-style Miis that uhh, do stuff? :\...

Værn
11-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I made my Mii albino, and dressed him in the shiny white suit. Sadly, though, my brother's profile is the only one with a gold Xbox Live subscription :(

I don't really like the new dashboard. They should've added an option to change it back.

DK
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I installed it, looked at it, sent Psy a message that was something along the lines of "hahaha the new live is so gay" and got a message back saying "Seriously" so I think that about sums up our thoughts on it.

I made my little retard pointless character thing into the Beautiful Green Wild Beast.

Krelian
11-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I like it. It works, looks nice and lets you install games. What more does it need to do?

Psychotic
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
They stole installation from the PS3 and Miis from the Wii. :laugh:

Anyway I like the party system, and I like the new teal background for the menus. However, the blades system from the last dashboard was infinitely better and less confusing than what they have now.

Arc_Master_14
11-22-2008, 05:49 PM
I know I hate the new menu I dont like the way it looks and it always takes me forever to find start game

Psychotic
11-22-2008, 06:39 PM
One new feature I do approve of is being able to download stuff from Marketplace from your PC.

Someone has figured out you can just give everyone a link to limited edition stuff, and thus I now have a Gold Lancer for Gears of War 2 without having the limited edition. :cool: ...not that I even need one because I use the Hammerburst anyway.

Arc_Master_14
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Wait Psy say what!? Lol i heard about that but I havent heard how lol

Ouch!
11-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't mind it too much. The avatars are gimmicky, but I appreciate being able to install Mass Effect to the hard drive. That game needed quicker loading times something fierce.

Psychotic
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait Psy say what!? Lol i heard about that but I havent heard how lolAnyone who has received free content because of a Limited Edition of a game just has to look at their download history and share the link. Apparently.

It's obviously a loophole, though, so I don't know if Microsoft will be kicking any backsides because of it.

LunarWeaver
11-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I like it overall. I don't spend enough time on the dashboard for it to matter much either way, though.

I installed Lost Odyssey to the hard drive to see if the battle loading times would be faster, but they are the same :sad: I read an article yesterday that said Halo 3 is actually slower if you install it. I could find it and verify my information, but I'm too lazy.

I like the avatars because I can be a blond boy with a ridiculous heart on his cheek. If only I could have a cape, I'd be exactly as I want the real me to be.

Vyk
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Taken some getting used to, that's for sure. I wish there was an option to say which category your 360 starts on. I hate always starting on the Spotlight crap. Just gimme My Xbox stuff :[ That, Friends, and Marketplace are all I need

Bunny
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I like it.

Madame Adequate
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I made a stereotypical Japanese retiree. He even has buck teeth!

Vyk
12-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I seem to recall MSN had avatar things that could animate that were like the miis. And Yahoo! has similar doll things. Habbo hotel too. Who knows who started it

Installation thing seems standard. I know they'd been talking about it forever. And I heard you could opt to change back to the blades if you wanted. Maybe it'll be in an update. I heard they hadn't launched everything yet they had planned. So we'll see I guess. I'll probably be used to it by then though so I dunno that I'll care

Clouded Sky
12-05-2008, 04:32 AM
So are you (for the most part) seem pretty impressed with this xbox thing. I'm thinking of picking one up - good idea?

XxSephirothxX
12-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Yeah, it's a good idea. Depending on the types of games you enjoy, that is.

As for the NXE--it moves faster and looks better. That's what it needed to do. Big improvement, even if it brought with it useless http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif like avatars.

Psychotic
12-05-2008, 04:54 AM
So are you (for the most part) seem pretty impressed with this xbox thing. I'm thinking of picking one up - good idea?I've had an Xbox 360 for over a year and I have been more than satisfied so far. Make of that what you will.

VorpalCyberWolf
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I just got my 360 (Elite) back in the end of September and it is really pretty awesome.
The dashboard of the new 'Experience' runs a lot smoother it seems than the old one, though it is fairly obvious that they have a lot more ads up if you connect to Xbox Live. Fortunately, being a gamer, I don't mind seeing gaming ads.
The avatars are just glorified Miis, but it's entertaining to see all your friends' avatars lined up like a firing squad when you go online.

LunarWeaver
12-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Installing games to the HD made me happier than anything. It makes much less bizarre noises. Now when I play the likes of Mass Effect I no longer get the feeling at any moment the 360 will transform into a robot dinosaur and go on a rampage.

I wish I had gotten a bigger HD now. I only have the 20GB. :aimblush:

Madame Adequate
12-07-2008, 03:19 AM
So are you (for the most part) seem pretty impressed with this xbox thing. I'm thinking of picking one up - good idea?I've had an Xbox 360 for over a year and I have been more than satisfied so far. Make of that what you will.

Seconded. Had mine for nearly two years now, it's been pretty freaking awesome.

Clouded Sky
12-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Well this just might be my Christmas present to myself. Thanks for letting me crash your thread guys!

Baloki
12-07-2008, 09:02 AM
They stole installation from the PS3

Actually they stole it from XBox one.

Balzac
12-07-2008, 03:09 PM
The old blades system is still available if you ht the xbox buton on the pad, quit your winging. The new system is far better.

Quindiana Jones
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
The 360 is awesome until the bastard thing breaks and you can't understand how the buggery the repair system works.

Yeah, that's right. I'm Microsoft-repair-systemly retarded.

XxSephirothxX
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
If it red-ringed, all you should have to do is go to Xbox.com, be logged in with the Live ID associated with your Xbox, and register your console. Then choose to get it repaired!

Quindiana Jones
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I did that, but then I got confused so ran away.

I'm not even kidding.

Markus. D
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Does it auto-repair?

I don't quite get how it works.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Go to Xbox.com, sign in, click on Support, choose 360, then on the left side click on "Repair your console." Enter the serial number on the back of your 360. It might say "Standard Warranty Expired", but ignore that. Click on Repair Console, choose "3 red lights" as your problem. Then fill out your address and all that. I clicked on "Standard Shipping". With this, they sent me a box and a label within a few days. It had all the stuff I needed to wrap up and secure my 360. Then I put the 360 in the box, applied the label, and shipped it off. They repair it and send it back. At least, they will. I haven't got mine back yet. I'm pretty sure that was the order of the steps... It's been a few days since I did this now.

XxSephirothxX
12-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Does it auto-repair?

I don't quite get how it works.
:mog:

Madame Adequate
12-08-2008, 03:30 AM
When I did that, they didn't send me a box or label. I had to find my own box and print out a label, and arrange to pick it up from my house.

So my confusion came about from the part where they implied they would be sending me a box and label. But otherwise they did good work fast in terms of repairing the thing.

VorpalCyberWolf
12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I got a red ring once, but it ended up being I didn't have my powercord in just right. I was flipping out for a bit til I tried unplugging-replugging. I figured it always works with PCs. It's important to know that every Red Ring is not a Red Ring of Death.

Vyk
12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I got a red ring once, but it ended up being I didn't have my powercord in just right. I was flipping out for a bit til I tried unplugging-replugging. I figured it always works with PCs. It's important to know that every Red Ring is not a Red Ring of Death.

Yeah. Our power went out while I was playing a game, and the 360 automatically came back on after, but it was all red. Kinda concerned me at first. Very similar problem to you. Red Rings resulting from power issues

XxSephirothxX
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
The RRoD is three rings. If you don't have a video cable plugged in or have some other sort of nonlethal error, the whole circle will be flashing red.

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
When I did that, they didn't send me a box or label. I had to find my own box and print out a label, and arrange to pick it up from my house.

So my confusion came about from the part where they implied they would be sending me a box and label. But otherwise they did good work fast in terms of repairing the thing.

Ditto to this. I want a damn box sent to me. I'm gonna do the same thing over and over until they send me a box. :(

Clouded Sky
12-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Alright. I succumbed. Sales meant I got the 60GB holiday pack/version for $254. Should show up next week. I'm excited!

Madame Adequate
12-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Alright. I succumbed. Sales meant I got the 60GB holiday pack/version for $254. Should show up next week. I'm excited!

Dig it. Games list.