PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from the Demo?

Wolf Kanno
11-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Well the activity here has dropped to almost nothing and considering the demo is due in Japan in a few months; I was curious to hear everyone's speculations concerning the demo. Its apparently going to be much longer than previous demo's from the series; hopefully we will get a much clearer picture as to what XIII will be like. Do you think we'll get a good idea concerning the battle system or do you think it will be limited like previous demo? Will we see new places not seen in the trailers or magazine scans? Or will the demo stick to events and cutscenes seen in the trailer? Perhaps Lightening battling the troops on the highway with a boss battle, the chase continuing into the city until Snow on the Shiva bike appears and captures her. The final parts of the demo being here narrow escape from the train exporting her out of Cocoon?

So what are your thoughts and your expectations?

LunarWeaver
11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I expect it to be awesome and make me want to play the game that much more. They say it's long, and it might just be a demo that's actually satisfying. I figure it will stick to much of what was seen in trailer. Then I expect to come here and read lots of whining about how XIII is the worst Final Fantasy ever and Square has lost their magic.

But I won't be able to play it anyway :( I hope eventually a demo comes to the 360-!

Vivisteiner
11-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I bet they'll make the demo so smurfing amazing we'll all be wetting our pants and hyping ourselves hugely for the actual game. And then we'll save up and buy the actual game and then it'll turn out that the actual game is just the demo + cheap ass mini-game and we'll all get pissed and start screaming death threats at SE. You heard it here first.

Serapy
11-26-2008, 03:12 AM
The demo will have limited functions, but I'm expecting them to add some super-hard boss that should enough last us till the actual game`s release. If this is true, then I can predict us discussing strategies of how to beat the boss, which can be interesting and fun.

Other than that, I just hope the demo will be better than FFXII's demo.

VeloZer0
11-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I was assuming that 'extended demo' mean they added a little area where you can run around an talk to people in addition to the token piece of dungeon.

sir helix
11-29-2008, 01:12 AM
It shalt be awsome. (Cheers and spins in chair). SE has lost it magic for a good FF game. theres simply to much free roam in the games any more and not much actual battal sequences as in prev FF games. but none te less ill stop bitching and love the game all the same.

Nifleheim7
12-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm afraid that it might be 80% cutscenes and 20% gameplay.:(

sdm42393
12-22-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm afraid that it might be 80% cutscenes and 20% gameplay.:(

A la Metal Gear Solid 4

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2008, 03:15 AM
MGS 4 wasn't that bad :rolleyes2

Cortez
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
I expect that it will ruin my exam session at university :lol: BtW for me, Versus has more potential, FF XIII looks like the next Star Wars episode played on the Naboo.

tidus_rox
12-24-2008, 02:21 AM
I expect it will be amazing.
Just like the FFXII demo. SE said the demo will be longer than the movie it is packaged with. AC:C is supposed to be like 2 hours long, right?
So we get to play the first 4% of the game... (supposing the game is 50 hours long)
Coooool.
PS. I still think the whole "snow" thing is a rumor.

Laddy
12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I predict it will be pretty good, but still a demo, so we never get to see some of the really good stuff.