PDA

View Full Version : FFXI fans, embrace yourselves! (Final Fantasy Dissidia)

Rostum
11-22-2008, 11:42 PM
The new secret character for Final Fantasy Dissidia is none other than our sexy black mage Tarutaru chick...

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081123/vanat39.jpg

Shantoto!
-Source (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081123/vanat39.htm)

They should so put some more famous FFXI characters in.

Markus. D
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
IMBALANCE!

IMBALANNNNNNCE!!!!!

<3

Elly
11-23-2008, 01:47 AM
eeewww, i hate the Tarutaru, sickining little creatures, i hope this is just a joke...

Ouch!
11-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Shantotto for the mother smurfing win!

Rostum
11-23-2008, 08:48 AM
eeewww, i hate the Tarutaru, sickining little creatures, i hope this is just a joke...

Tarutaru are awesome, lots of people love 'em! Except you, because you don't like things that are awesome, obviously. :D

Btw. I now realise this is General Final Fantasy material.

Elly
11-23-2008, 01:39 PM
nah, i like plenty of awesome things but Tarutaru are not awesome they're just creepy looking, sure they may be great magic users (something i always found useless in RPGs), but they're still ugly creepy little mutants... it's sad if they really intend to tarnish a potentialy awesome game with one of those things, good thing it's optional so i don't have to use it, but as a completist, it sad that i will just to get 100% everything...

yes i am totaly biased/prejudiced against Tarutaru, but it's just a game so i have the right to, lol, just like i'm biased against Bards in Ragnarok Online just because they wear pantaloons...

Rostum
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
But tarutaru aren't creepy they are cute little awesome things! I can't believe you have such hate for something so awesome. :p In all seriousness, a tarutaru in this game is not going to ruin it. And if that's your reason for not playing, then you're missing out! :D

Saber
11-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I liked the little creatures I was mad that I didn't pick them as my own when I started playing. they are useful magic users.

Bahamut2000X
11-24-2008, 02:38 AM
Ok Dissidia is finally fail. Shantoto? Come on she is HORRIBLE.

Pick someone better like Zeid, Volker, Prishe, Gessho, or some person who has more bearing on the story and isn't a terrible character. Hell I think Gumbah would make a better choice then her.

I might only get Dissidia now just to destroy Shantoto over and over since I hate her character oh so much.

Rostum
11-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Shantotto is awesome! Have you played through any ToAH missions? She's such a little bitch and it's great.

Bahamut2000X
11-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Shantotto is awesome! Have you played through any ToAH missions? She's such a little bitch and it's great.

How does that make someone great? All through ToUA I wanted to rip her face off.

Gessho or Aldo would be nifty picks methinks.

Del Murder
11-24-2008, 06:33 AM
What is this game?

Vivisteiner
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
^Ever heard of google? :rolleyes:

Del Murder
11-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Google killed my father so I refuse to use it.

Vivisteiner
11-24-2008, 09:37 PM
^Which father?

Rostum
11-24-2008, 09:41 PM

How does that make someone great? All through ToUA I wanted to rip her face off.

Gessho or Aldo would be nifty picks methinks.

Different strokes. :p Gessho is too fuddy-duddy and you barely see much action from Aldo.

BTW Del, it's Final Fantasy Dissidia, it's a PSP fighter title with a mix of one good and one evil guy from each Final Fantasy.

Bahamut2000X
11-25-2008, 03:32 AM
one good and one evil guy from each Final Fantasy.

Oh then we still have hope yet to see Zeid or one of the other cool good guys. Since we all know Shantoto is far too evil to be considered a good guy. :p

Elly
11-25-2008, 03:52 AM
regardless of it having those creepy little creatures in it or not, i'm still getting the game, and i do believe i will enjoy it too, lol... that is untill i run into that thing, but i'll still play just to complete it 100%...

Del Murder
11-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Hm, the game looks kind of dumb, but I am curious as to what Shantoto's attacks are.

Ouch!
11-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Hm, the game looks kind of dumb, but I am curious as to what Shantoto's attacks are.
FLAREGA XI, imo.

Obsidian
11-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Boooooooooooo, I want Benjamin. :mad2:

KentaRawr!
11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
We will now know what would happen if a Tarutaru could fly.

.:kerrod:.
11-26-2008, 01:37 PM
why has nobody mentioned that the title says 'embrace' instead of 'brace'? :confused:

EDIT: troll? :mad:

Vivisteiner
11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
^I was waiting for someone else to mention that.

Hm, the game looks kind of dumb,
You, Sir, suck!

Elpizo
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Really, what's with all the XI hate. I think it's getting time people finally let go of their silly "It's a MMO!" grudges and accept it as a part of the main series, plain and simple.

Vivisteiner
11-26-2008, 06:53 PM
^I hate it because I can't afford to play it. ^o^

black orb
11-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Really, what's with all the XI hate..
>>> That game should have been named "Final Fantasy Online", not "Final Fantasy XI".
well, thats just my humble opinion..

arcanedude34
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM

Elly
11-26-2008, 08:20 PM
i don't hate XI, i just hate the Tarutaru, lol, though it's true it should have been called Online rather than being numbered...

Rostum
11-26-2008, 08:42 PM
why has nobody mentioned that the title says 'embrace' instead of 'brace'? :confused:

A slight typo, my friend. No need to accuse me of trolling when I was just bringing information to the forum. If that is the case, then I'll gladly stop informing anyone of news that might not be posted.

Btw. Who cares if it was numbered? It doesn't mean you have to play it... I don't see how anyone could hate the game based on that... I mean the title still says Online, it just has an XI attached to it. Either way I didn't want this thread to get into "Tarutaru suck, FFXI sucks, etc." because this is about Dissidia!

11-26-2008, 10:04 PM

:lol: same

A slight typo, my friend. No need to accuse me of trolling when I was just bringing information to the forum. If that is the case, then I'll gladly stop informing anyone of news that might not be posted...

i do apologize, sir, it's just that....well...i've been trolled in the past, and i find it hard to trust anybody anymore :crying2: i'm sorry, i can't go on...

Elpizo
11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
For long years all I could play was FFTA, for I only had a GBA, didn't mean I hated all the Playstation ones, or the SNES and NES ones.

>>> That game should have been named "Final Fantasy Online", not "Final Fantasy XI".
That's fine, but what a FF is called is really not up to us fans to decide. The creators do that, and we just have to go with it.

black orb
11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
That's fine, but what a FF is called is really not up to us fans to decide. The creators do that, and we just have to go with it.
>>> As i said, that was just my humble opinion.

11-27-2008, 09:42 PM
i'm not too worried about this inclusion, but it would be nice for FFXII to make an appearance as well (even though i don't really like them), just so that all of the current characters are in it (though, depending on how you see things, this may mean you also believe they should put in characters from XIII, which is a little bit excessive)