PDA

View Full Version : MILK

Shorty
11-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I've done some research on Harvey Milk, and to me, he seems like a pretty remarkable fellow.

The movie is going to be released in theaters on November 26th, one day before the 30th year anniversary of his assassination.

Who's excited for it?

kikimm
11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I just heard about this movie when my mom was talking about it yesterday! I don't know anything about Harvey Milk besides what she told me, but it's supposed to be a really good movie, so I'll definitely be going to see it. Sean Penn is :up:

BG-57
11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
You should look up the documentary on him: The Life and Times of Harvey Milk.

Boney King
11-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this film, I'll have to check it out.

Shorty
11-24-2008, 10:50 PM
I was thinking about ordering that biography, actually.

Deborah
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I saw this movie two days ago, and LOVED it! It was very good, and all the acting in it was amazing, Everyone should try to see it!! :D

Miriel
12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I really can't wait to see this film, if only for the magnificent performances that I'm sure are gonna shine throughout it.

Frequency NecroKat
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I want to see this movie sooo badly. Not only does it have a extraordinarily talented cast, but the subject matter and Harvey Milk are incredibly fascinating to me. :) I'm hearing all sorts of good about it, from both reviews and you guys.

Arghhh. *impatient* Why does the nearest theatre showing it have to be so far out of the way when my dad's working extra all month and can't drive us? :(

charliepanayi
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm curious about this film - I've liked some of Gus Van Sant's films, especially the brilliant Elephant. But I'm not usually crazy about biopics. The acting in this sounds like its top drawer though.

I'm certainly considering seeing it when it comes out in the UK anyway.

Bunny
12-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I prefer Juice (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104573/).

Oh ho ho

In all seriousness, it looks like it could be a pretty decent film. Sean Penn is a pretty solid actor, but I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch it. Maybe rent it or something along those lines.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
In all seriousness, it looks like it could be a pretty decent film. Sean Penn is a pretty solid actor, but I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch it. Maybe torrent it or something along those lines.

I think you missed a syllable.

Anyway yeah I do very much want to see this. I'm not sure if/when I will though.

Bunny
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
In all seriousness, it looks like it could be a pretty decent film. Sean Penn is a pretty solid actor, but I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch it. Maybe torrent it or something along those lines.

I think you missed a syllable.

I do not miss anything.

Breine
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, pretty excited about this movie too. Won't be able to see it until April, though.

Moon Rabbits
12-09-2008, 12:53 PM
This is at the top of my things to burn list.

Yar
12-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I've been told that I'm being taken to see this movie. I need to be "cultured". I assume that she was joking when she said that, but whatev.