PDA

View Full Version : There's two hours I won't be getting back

Vermachtnis
11-26-2008, 04:17 AM
First of all, ow my thumb. Second of all I just got Geese in King of Fighters XI. For those who don't know, to get him you need to beat Challenge 40. That involves counter throwing the opponent. Five of his six moves were countable. One wasn't, guess which one he like to spam. But after two hours I finally lucked out and won. Then I took out my frustration in Endless Mode :p

So has what's y'alls story of a time in video game where no matter how many times you got your ass handed to you, you just kept hitting retry?

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Sun Sigil sidequest in FFX. The only time I could ever hate a bird :(

Jiro
11-26-2008, 04:24 AM
The only time I don't hit retry after failing miserably is if I die after level grinding without saving. I just throw a tantrum and turn it off. I'm normally persistant to the point of stupidity :D

Jowy
11-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Illidari Council (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqFch6fGBM).

Pete for President
11-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Free Bird on expert in Guitar Hero 2. I did beat it eventually.

Iceglow
11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Time Crisis 3 kept owning me at random points though normally I'm quite good at the whole light gun thing.

Vagrant Story owned me so often it's not even funny...

Halo 3 legendary campaign SOLO I'm about 50% of the way through and completely and utterly stuck but not giving in, there will be a way for me to snipe my way past this point.

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
When I read the title i thought this would be about the first Harry Potter game for ps1

A few of the Sigils in FF10 got me frustratingly obsessed but usually if i cant do something i just give up.

Wolf Kanno
11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
DMC in the higher difficulties got me a few times. All of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne did it. Seriously, the game over screen is the one you will be seeing the most in that title which is probably why its so fantastic looking. I also have fond memories of trying to unlock Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma in SFA3 as well as completing story mode in GGXX (GGX2).

Lately, my real bane in this regard is trying to collect rare items from monsters in FFIVDS. By the time I got Goblin and Cockatrice, my party was in their 50's. They were in their 70's when the Mindflayer finally dropped and currently I'm working on the Bomb summon though I'm tempted to go after the Green Tail as well...

The worst part is that I'm not backtracking, I'm literally farming once the creature who has the item appears. I'm 60+ hours into the game and just got Edge.

scrumpleberry
11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I feel like such a n00b for saying this but

THAT FUCKING YETI WIFE IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS WHY CAN'T I BEAT HER AT SNOWBOARDING FOR GODS SAKE D:<<<<<<<<<

SNOOZER
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Call of Duty: World at War Veteran mode

Seriously though, the grenade spam on that game. They should have just had a screen say "Punch yourself in the balls/ovaries repeatedly" because that's what it feels like trying to beat this game on veteran mode.