PDA

View Full Version : Tradition!!!

Wolf Kanno
11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
We're 12 installments in, and as we play through the series I find that most people have traditions they look forward to honoring in each new installment.

I personally look forward to seeing the new Black mage spell affects in each installment. I know other people look forward to the airship and others can't wait to see the summons.

So what are some of your favorite traditions you enjoy throughout the series?

Rostum
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Mainly things like Chocobos, Moogles, Cactuar, and stuff like that!

the AJman
11-26-2008, 08:47 PM
One thing I really look forward to is what weapons they are going to have in the game, especially swords. I usually get exicted to see what swords they brought back and how they look, and what new swords they add. This of course is just one thing I look forward to.

blackmage_nuke
11-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I like the utilisation of the traditional themes, prelude, prologue, chocobo and victory. It wont feel right until i hear atleast the prelude or the prologue. Its a real shame prologue didnt occur in FFX, i think it wouldve been perfect if they played it softly during yuna's speech at the end, and as her speech drew to its climax the song gradually increases in volume.

Saber
11-27-2008, 01:31 AM
I like anything that has to do with battles. armor, weapons, accessories, spells, stats, monsters, atb, and on and on. The new ways to learn spells and level up is cool too.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Cactuars!

Lawr
11-27-2008, 02:38 AM
ATB

Jiro
11-27-2008, 10:06 AM
I want to see if they keep anything that anybody calls "traditional". I don't care so much, but I do like to see what new characters I get stuck with on the long journey.

crazybayman
11-27-2008, 07:36 PM
SWORDS!

black orb
11-27-2008, 07:37 PM
>>> The victory fanfare and chocobos..

hhr1dluv
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Weirdly, one of my favorite parts of any FF/KH is how the story opens. The opening cinematic coupled with the opening gameplay, as in a book or a movie, is what's meant to hook you in. So, I love seeing how they try to hook you in with each installment. In fact, I usually replay the first half hour/hour of each FF just for fun.

My opinions of the openings:
FFI - Surprisingly good, in my opinion.
FFII- Meh.
FFIII - Pretty fun, though nothing too special.
FFIV - It was pretty decent.
FFV - I had a lot of fun with this one.
FFVI - Fun, I like how quickly you meet so many characters.
FFVII - This has my favorite opening.
FFVIII- The opening cinematic is epic (as one would expect at this
point in the series), though the following deal with the tutorials
and walking around the garden is really boring.
FFIX - I love this opening as well. Probably my second favorite.
FFX - Love it.
FFXI - never played, and I don't plan on it.
FFXII - I initially thought this opening a bit weaker than the others, but overall not too bad. I found Rabanastre a bit daunting at first. :P

Crimson
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Hmm, The story, weapons, system, spells, classes, enemies etc...usual

One thing id love to see is alot more "darker" weapons in FF, most seem to revolve around Light, or seem too plain.

Or maybe I just love the idea of going around chopping things up with a big black and red coloured sword. :p

PeneloRatsbane
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
i struggle to see how an opening with a parade, a wedding, a battle, a funeral and morbid dark chocobo's be a bit weak, i love that one

Bolivar
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I would like to see prelude/prologue more incorporated, specifically the short sayings that preceded each fantasy in I-V. That would be cool.

Also, nothing being what it seems is something you gotta always have in an FF. I wish it would've been more done up like that in XII.

jammi567
12-03-2008, 12:05 AM
See what iteration Gilgamesh, Biggs and Wedge take.

Also moogles. Who doesn't like the cute pompoms?

Depression Moon
12-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Ah is this about XIII, well what I am looking for as in traditional things are moogles although not entirely necessary, of course chocobos, Cid, airships, limits, and the victory fanfare.

.:kerrod:.
12-03-2008, 01:36 AM
yeah, definitely victory fanfare, but what i most look forward to is the airship :bigsmile: granted, it's late in the game, but i'm always pumped to find out what it looks like (however, that was more in the earlier games where you could actually USE it on the world map :()

Laddy
12-03-2008, 02:56 AM
The story, music, and characters are always most important to me. So I look forward to them.

Unstoppable Pig
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Boss music.

I always wait first boss, Iīm eager to hear is the boss battle theme worth stalling in battles or should I just quickly kill the boss.

Luckily FF-games always has at least decent boss battle theme, best one are VII ( regular and last Jenova), VI ( regular and last battle) and Gilgamesh own theme.

Well other tradition that I always want to see is main villainīs first appearance. I donīt know why, guess I just want to see what kind of loser Iīm going to beat after some grinding and grazy plot twists.