PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Final Fantasy

Flying Mullet
11-26-2008, 08:12 PM
We haven't had one of these threads in a while, so let the bashing commence (but please keep it civil)!

Oh, and don't forget to post why you're disappointed by the Final Fantasy that sadfaces you!

Sorry folks, only primary numbered, non-MMORPG games are included this time!

scrumpleberry
11-26-2008, 08:19 PM
II. I'm sorry, it was boring compared with the rest. Gorgeous story, villain & music, very blegh gameplay x(

V, but only because I hate the job system. I'm the sort of obsessive compulsive person who feels terrible if she doesn't MAX THEM ALL OUT ASDFPOSDJGDIHGDTRLGHYOPLO-G= so it's tedious and nasty for me. X-2 was better because I forced myself to allocate each of them 1/3 of the dresspheres and magical dressup time was lovely :bigsmile: Other than that, V was great.

11-27-2008, 04:23 AM
We haven't had one of these threads in a while

That statement seemed false to me at first glance because let's face it, half of the threads give people an excuse to remind everyone why __ is their least favorite. Case in point, I'm not going to bother saying why I picked II because you could probably find my list of reasons pretty quickly by going through my old posts >.> Yeah, I just can't shut up about how horrible that game was. But right, after thinking for a second I realized that I haven't seen this exact thread in a while, and all my bitching has been done in other threads.

II sucks.

arcanedude34
11-27-2008, 05:30 AM
It's just gotta be VIII

Jiro
11-27-2008, 09:55 AM
V for me, for basically the same reasons scrumpleberry said. That, and I'm hopeless at it anyway :D

James Leopold
11-27-2008, 07:29 PM
For me it has to be II. I despised the levelling up system and found the characters and areas quite dull. So far its the only FF that I've given up on.

Freie-Kefka
11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
I voted FFVIII. I would have said FFX-2, if there was this option.
Anyway, I find FFVIII quite boring, beacause of its plot and characters. Moreover, a thing I don't like in the game is that you can easily get invincible characters even at the beginning of CD1 -during the first SeeD mission, for expample-.
The plot is too linear IMO, and the only characters I like are Laguna and Edea.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
FFIV :P

As I said in the Favorite thread, the story and music are what's most important to me. FFIV's story just wasn't the type that really interests me and pretty much everyone dies and then comes back to life. Didn't Cid explode or something like that? I never really liked music from older games (so this is why I haven't gotten around to trying most of the pre-Playstation FFs).

Markus. D
11-28-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd have to say II.

It's terrible.

Ouch!
11-28-2008, 02:08 AM
FFVIII for terrible execution of otherwise good ideas. Rockin' gameplay, but plenty of games have solid gameplay. What tends to set Final Fantasy apart from other RPGs for me is the story, and beyond half way through disc two, FFVIII's just falls apart.

rubah
11-28-2008, 02:45 AM
picked 1 'cause I still haven't beat it :D

Vermachtnis
11-28-2008, 03:30 AM
II, because I thought the Emperor was a chick! And the name was bad localization. Plus I don't like the stat system. And I taught Holy to what's here face and cause she didn't have enough stat it wasn't any better than Ice 20. And also I like Leila and for what ever reason she didn't rejoin and was stuck with that one guy.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Terrible how the hate thread gets more posts than the love thread :(

Saber
11-28-2008, 11:15 PM
:cry::cry: II... the level up system, the scattered difficulty, and for some reason I didn't like the way the story went.

Laddy
11-29-2008, 05:10 PM
XII. It had great gameplay, but it made all characters seemingly indistinguishable in terms of stats. The story was booooring, and with the exception of Larsa, Balthier, Ashe, Basch, and Fran, the characters were uninvolving.

Saber
11-29-2008, 05:30 PM
OMG I forgot about 12, now I want to change my vote. it slipped my mind cause I just don't like thinking about it.

sir helix
11-29-2008, 08:33 PM
II i shal now quote the great ones.

"i'll never finish this game, cause i dont hate myself that much"

2 could have been better, i really liked the way you leveled up magic and stats, but once you get past the part were minwu leaves its starts getting confusing as to were you go.

V the job system wasn't the greatest but it was good to see it redone in later games in the franchise.

VIII graphics=eye damage. hated the draw system and the fact behind having to re equipt GFs every friggen time you switch partys, it just got so annoying.

XII what no battal scenes is this a FF game or a damn Online knock off.

X & X-2 no complaints loved em both

IX didn't like the trance gauge, it would fill up and trance would go itno effect wheather you needed it or not , (still my favorite FF)

XI (shouldn't be in the main stream)

VII and all its parts/// Loved the original, AC and DOC, now its time to call it quits we have anough FF7

DarkLadyNyara
11-30-2008, 08:51 AM
VIII- I couldn't stand Rinoa. I also didn't like how certain plot-twists felt contrived. I wasn't too keen on the combat system either.

Vivisteiner
11-30-2008, 11:39 AM
For the time period that it was released in, my vote goes to FFVIII - because it messed up key stuff in an otherwise excellent game. I still like it, its just my least favourite.

And I never understood why people don't like FFII. I'm playing it now and it's fun.

Wolf Kanno
11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Terrible how the hate thread gets more posts than the love thread :(

Probably cause most people like too many games in the series to say which is the best. I know that's my issue at least.

X, I voted awhile back and even made a post but decided to remove it. The most bland game in the series which borrows from VII and the Tale of the Yamato no Orochi but fails to bring anything new and exciting to it. Unless you count the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif twist about Tidus and Dream Zanarkand. Interesting battle system dumbed down to the level of single cell organisms. At least II and VIII's systems were fun even if for awhile. Easily my most disappointing FF which only redeeming value is that it showed Square could do decent VA work. Beyond that, despite being the newer game in the series, it lags behind in innovation from gameplay to storytelling to music from every other FF in the series. Even its poorly made sequel has more redeeming qualities. :rolleyes2

sir helix
11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
And I never understood why people don't like FFII. I'm playing it now and it's fun.

its a fun gmae but its just plaim horrible at the same time.

Jessweeee♪
11-30-2008, 08:17 PM
VIII graphics=eye damage. hated the draw system and the fact behind having to re equipt GFs every friggen time you switch partys, it just got so annoying.

Did you know there was a very very very easy way to switch absolutely everything from one party member to another? It really was only an issue after a couple of the Laguna dreams when everything was unequipped :p

Vivisteiner
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
^The Junction system was kinda cool, but the tutorials for it were http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif.

its a fun gmae but its just plaim horrible at the same time.
Lol, someone's drunk. ;)

Why is it horrible? The story seems more interesting than FFI's so far... Although the Dreadnought section is laborious (I'm on it now).

Depression Moon
11-30-2008, 10:32 PM
VII for me because, it really didn't seem like the definition of Final Fantasy. I think that with the new Playstation platform Square was trying hard to pull in just about everyone. That's why there was a lot of cussing, a slum neighborhood, and a brothel to pull in jocks and thugs. And then they put in a black guy I guess so attract the black audience and then there's the anime character stereotypes like Yuffie the perky girl, two talking animals, Vincent, and of course Cloud and Sephiroth.
Cloud and Sephiroth majorly because every big anime villain has to have long white or silver hair, examples you can find are in Inuyasha, Yugi-Oh, and Naruto. The rivalry between them also seems a bit cliche, but where the big cliche come is that both of the characters carry humungous swords again something you could find frequently in animes like Bleach, Inuyasha, and Naruto.

What I also didn't really like is that the game sort of bores you in the middle of it. sephiroth's motivations seems kind of dull and dry and he is nothing but a momma's boy. I really liked the ending with the rise of the weapons and the party getting imprisoned. Cid's intro was fantastic too, but with the middle of the game being so dull, and terrible mini games like the snowbaording and submarine mission and some pretty annoying music too, this game goes at the bottom of the list for me, just below X-2 which is a little better, but it would be right down there with VII if it didn't have another pop sequence at the ending.

Rocket Edge
12-08-2008, 02:19 AM
VII's probably my least favourite. It seems that VIII is probably the most controversal FF due to having a high count in both threads.

black orb
12-08-2008, 02:42 AM
>>> All ff games are awesome but I must say that FF6 is my least fav..

oh yeah, eoff has rabid ff6 fans everywhere so I think is better for me to not give any reasons..

Stormie BluJay
12-10-2008, 10:55 PM
*CRINGE* XII... Why continue??? WHY?!?!?!? The characters aren't that good, and neither are the graphics. They all look like they're constantly squinting, or they have a total GONK. I haven't played it, but having it shoved down your throat by all your friends tell you enough. I watched a few minutes of it and decided it was probably the worst out of all of them.

hhr1dluv
12-11-2008, 12:21 AM
^ I hate to be that person, but I encourage you to try and beat XII. Seriously, I couldn't stand it at first, but after playing it for a while, I came to really appreciate it. It has my favorite ending in the series, beautiful places to explore, and a decent story. I'm like the biggest X and VII fangirl too, so it's definitely not an old school bias that makes me like XII. :)

Wolf Kanno
12-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Considering how much smack talk wanders into its forum; I am pleasantly surprised to see that not one person has voted for FFIX considering it was the bastard child of the series for awhile.

Still... I'm really sad to see II, VIII, and XII get the shaft... :crying:

Rye
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Hmmm... probably FF8. The battle system dissapointed greatly.

arcanedude34
12-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Considering how much smack talk wanders into its forum; I am pleasantly surprised to see that not one person has voted for FFIX considering it was the bastard child of the series for awhile.

Agreed. I got this huge grin on my face after seeing FFIX had no votes against it. Now of course someone will vote IX just to be contrary...

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Agreed. I got this huge grin on my face after seeing FFIX had no votes against it. Now of course someone will vote IX just to be contrary...

Not if the lynching mob has anything to say about it. ;)

Vivisteiner
12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Most of the people who hate FFIX didn't even get past the Dali let alone the first Disc...

But people on EoFF tend to be a bit more intelligent.

Depression Moon
12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmm I wonder why no one's defending the post I made about VII, I guess everyone can agree that it's highly overrated and Sephiroth ain't nuttin' but a Mama's boy.

arcanedude34
12-12-2008, 10:46 PM
If you really want me to, I could defend VII. I probably wont be able to come up with anything that hasn't been said before, but I'll say it loudly and proudly: I liked Final fantasy VII.

Cleric
12-13-2008, 02:31 AM
I picked two like the majority. I made it like halfway through the damn game, and wanted to rip my face off. I just couldn't get into it

Takara
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I still have a deep hatred for VIII.

Dr.M
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
IX sucks big time.
followed by XII

Depression Moon
12-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Ah nah you must be crazy! IX is the best thing on this Earth and XII is two steps behind it.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2008, 05:03 AM
Hmm I wonder why no one's defending the post I made about VII, I guess everyone can agree that it's highly overrated and Sephiroth ain't nuttin' but a Mama's boy.

It's been done to death in every other thread in the FFVII forum, no reason for anyone to start it up again here :p

Everything that could possibly said for/against the game has been said already xD

Momiji
01-18-2009, 05:28 PM
FFVII is my least favorite by a long shot. It has aged poorly and just wasn't that good to begin with, and no one can convince me otherwise.

Second place is a tie between II and X-2. I liked the gameplay concepts behind both, but both of them failed to deliver in any other aspect.

Kefka_Almighty
01-21-2009, 06:14 AM
I chose VIII as I could never get into it, and because FFT wasn't on the list.

Bastian
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
VII.

VIII is probably worse, but VII signifies the end of an era. The door to Final SciFi and the end of Final Fantasy (except IX).

When will they EVER make a new true FF game?!

The Turk
01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I think VIII has aged MUCH worse than VII! VII never did try to make it's characters look realistic while VIII did. So now VIII's visuals look terrible while VII's still retains it's charming super deformed characters.

I hate X, but hate XII even more. Why should I spend 40 hours playing the game when Square spent less than 10 seconds creating Vaan? "Okay let's just make him look like Tidus, but make him even more feminine." He's just horrible on every level. I hated the battles too. It felt like a bland hack'n'slash to me. Yes I didn't give the game a fair chance, but I was never given a reason to give a damn about it.

Momiji
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I think VIII has aged MUCH worse than VII! VII never did try to make it's characters look realistic while VIII did. So now VIII's visuals look terrible while VII's still retains it's charming super deformed characters.

Yes, but VIII was still better, in my opinion. :monster:

trancekuja
01-25-2009, 04:37 PM
They still haven't made one,sorry:tongue:

Darkswordofchaos
01-25-2009, 06:21 PM
I havent really enjoyed FFVIII so far

Rebellious Eagle
03-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Out of the few I've played so far, IV would come in close. I've had it for almost 3 months and haven't touched it since a week after I'd gotten it because the ending (and nearly all of those stupid bosses) was too difficult for me, and some days I just wanted to throw it at my wall. :|
But, I'm willing to forgive...so II, I guess, would be my least favorite. The "leveling" system is just way too screwy.

captkrill
03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
VIII

Gunblades...killed it right from the start...i know its under the fantasy title but the simple mechanics of it being basically a shockwave transferred through the blade to deliver a more powerful blow killed it.

After that I really was hoping for Seifer to end Squalls whining on about flashbacks...I strode threw it to finish the game once and only once...

It was too eay...omega weapon sucked...

Selphie looked horrible.

And omg the following around the main char with the 2 other in the party when inside a room or cave...good god shoot me now that was annoying.

One redeeming quality it had was Zell, I have always been a fan of the martial arts and the MA type characters in the FF series (Tifa, Zell ad Amarant). Was kinda bummed about X not having a true MA character but Wakka was good enough...favorite char in X.

Granted all the FFs had something I personally disliked about it, but what game doesn't? This one was just horrible...

Anniexo
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't like VIII because I hated how if someone wasn't in your party, they wouldn't level up, but I also didn't like X because I didn't like how I had to level everyone up myself, but I like X more then VIII so VIII wins my vote

NeoTifa
03-26-2009, 03:04 AM

[/thread]

daggertrepe
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
FFXII was the biggest letdown of my gaming life.

FFIX RULES! It's definitely the best one.

Jessweeee♪
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Haha XII was something I liked the more I played it. I started it and was like "well, this really isn't the type of story I typically enjoy, but everything else is awesome so far, so I'll keep going." So I finished it and was like "hey, it's not so bad" and after I played through a second time I loved it xD

daggertrepe
04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I just couldn't get into that damn game.

Unstoppable Pig
04-07-2009, 09:39 AM
X.

It is average game if you just play it through but if you are going to do everything and power lever your characters, it is very tedious and worst super bosses in the series. In order to wins these clowns like Penance you have to play so much that your characters are at maximum power. XII has bit tedious super bosses too but leveling is nice and smooth.

Also I donīt care much about the characters. They dress ugly ( all people in Spira), Tidus is annoying, ungrateful and disrespectful to things and people.Story is in general is good, threat of Sin is great but I just donīt care much about playable characters. I find XII cast much better and unique ( although their clothing is awful too, not all but some like Vaan).

Monster set is pretty shallow. Nothing but Flans, Wasps, some lizards and few others, nothing else. This game is worth playing two or three times but it is not good FF when compared to others.

RedPouch
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, sorry for another wall of text. For those of you not interested in any of my responses, you can just read this paragraph:

It's really difficult for me to decide which FF was my least favourite, because I really liked all of them. When I give it more thought however, I realize that I didn't particularly care for a lot of things in FF VIII [which is what I voted for]. It had nice things about it, but a lot of irritating things. The thing I remember most about it [it's been many years since I've played it] was that damn draw system. It really drove me up the wall. I didn't care for FF X much either, but I have to say that FF X-2 was definitely the weakest in the series. I thought it was ridiculous, from beginning to end. I wouldn't call it a waste of money, but it didn't seem like "Final Fantasy" at all.

II, because I thought the Emperor was a chick! And the name was bad localization. Plus I don't like the stat system. And I taught Holy to what's here face and cause she didn't have enough stat it wasn't any better than Ice 20. And also I like Leila and for what ever reason she didn't rejoin and was stuck with that one guy.
The Emperor does look like a chick, doesn't he? I don't think you're the only one who thought that. However, I still thought FF II was a good game. I'm surprised so many people dislike it because they thought the skill up system was "too hard" or whatever. I personally thought it was extremely innovative for its time, and to this day I'm still pretty shocked that all of this information was able to be crammed into an NES cartridge. I'm also confused as to why you liked Leila, seeing as how she was the most useless character to join the party [she was the only fourth character to join that constantly popped out 0's against monsters, in comparison to the other fourth characters to join the party]. I was so happy when I got rid of her the first time, and I was sorely disappointed when she re-joined.

Also, what's this about Ice 20? My understanding is that the max level for all skills and spells in this game is 16? Or am I wrong about that?

I'm with you there, for the reasons stated above. Also, I thought a lot of dungeons in it were involving and fun [with nice scenery too, especially the Jade passage].

Well this goes both way for me. I actually liked FF VII a lot for various reasons, but I actually agree with everything you said. Despite the fact that I could rant forever and ever about how many horrible things they did to FF VII like those stupid mini-games, and madam Sephiroth [you can ask Roogle how opinionated I get about these things], at the end of the day, I still remember all of the positive things about FF VII I enjoyed. And just so all the Sephiroth fan-boys hear it clear, I'll say it again: I detest Sephiroth.

I hate cliche villains that lack character development.
I hate men with woman-hair [this includes Cecil].
I hate villains that show no apparent reason for their courses of action [we need to move OUT of the era of 80's RPG's, not back into it!].

Still, as I said, I liked FFVII a lot in the end.

X.

Also I donīt care much about the characters. They dress ugly ( all people in Spira), Tidus is annoying, ungrateful and disrespectful to things and people.

I find XII cast much better and unique ( although their clothing is awful too, not all but some like Vaan).

Monster set is pretty shallow. Nothing but Flans, Wasps, some lizards and few others, nothing else. This game is worth playing two or three times but it is not good FF when compared to others.
Agreed on all points. Especially in Vaan's case. Vaan is an extremely rare occurance where a guy with a nice build is showing off some skin, yet I don't like it. Honestly, he looked sheepish somehow, as well as silly-looking.

Marky Tee
04-17-2009, 12:33 PM
3 cause it had pretty much nothing going for it

Loony BoB
04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Probably FFX. Purely because I couldn't quite understand why they would make the lead character an annoying surfer twat.

Marky Tee
04-17-2009, 01:15 PM
i think the total lack of any character development in 3 is worse than twat characters

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't know, I can deal with a mute more than I can handle an obnoxious character that won't shut up. ;)

Dark Angel Kira
04-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Out of the games i've played 12 has to be the worst :( the battle system was rubbish!! you just click attack once then you walk around the thing till it died ok it had cool thingy attacks ive forgotten the name of them but overall rubbish!! the storyline wasn't all that better either. no its just crap compared to the others!!! well in my opinion anyway :)

Biukin
05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Final Fantasy IX I just dont like the story line and also the only thing I like from it was Vivi

Edge7
07-08-2009, 07:05 AM
XII, because I didn't feel involved in the story. Plus, even when I level grind, I never feel like my characters are getting anywhere. I guess for me, the pacing was slow. If I want to play a final fantasy based on politics, I'll pick Tactics, thank you very much.

Medi
08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
VII. It has some decent qualities... somewhere, but I'm just never able to actually enjoy playing it. It's not fun.

II is in a close second, of course. Bland.

Rodarian
08-08-2009, 01:36 PM
IX , never did like Zidane's monkey tail... :P

asukaevaunit02
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
VII. Have never been able to get into it at all.. I've tried playing it from the start atleast 4 times, and still have never been really interested in it.
I found the characters ordinary to boring... and materia seemed like a lot of effort... just couldn't find anything to like about it...

Unstoppable Pig
08-15-2009, 06:16 PM
VII has ordinary party???

Many other FF-games have much more similar characters than VII. You got characters who swear and smoke and act manly and their clothes seems practical ( well atleast males).

I understand if someone doesnīt like VII but its characters arenīt its weak point. Would you rather play with some boy-scouts and dress like Vaan?

Bunny
08-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Final Fantasy X had very few redeemable qualities to it when compared to the rest of the games.

Edgar
08-15-2009, 07:29 PM
FFVIII. It goes from boring to exciting, to boring about 100 times. The boring parts seemed longer to me.

And there are too many concepts that seemed too last minute (eg the GF taking part of the brain part).

TurkSlayer
08-18-2009, 05:34 AM
FFVIII. Never quite got over how disappointed I was by that game.

Thank you for trolling, and please come again.

seiferalmasy2
08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
XII. It was pathetic. No character devlopment and 100 other things I could say about its mediocrity. Not even its OST could save it.

X-2....well I don't consider this an FF. A complete retcon and cash in if ever there was one.

Trumpet Thief
08-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Not digging all the VIII hate :cry:

Anyways, since I'm limiting this to the FF games I've actually played, I'd have to choose IV, with X right behind it. Not to say that they were bad, but just that the others were better. IV did intrigue me at first, with Kain being one hell of an interesting character. Cecil, however, just felt so bland by the time he became a white knight that there was nothing much to enjoy.

And I actually can't think of too much bad about X- I really wish they'd done some more with Wakka, as he seemed to have potential to be a great character, and Tidus could get annoying, but the overall mood of the game and the ending made up for it. I just preferred VI, VII, VIII, IX to these two which is why they're getting shafted.

Natashina
09-28-2009, 01:35 AM
XII, because I didn't feel involved in the story. Plus, even when I level grind, I never feel like my characters are getting anywhere. I guess for me, the pacing was slow. If I want to play a final fantasy based on politics, I'll pick Tactics, thank you very much.

You said it all for me. I didn't like the combat system(not a big fan of auto-pilot mode), the story had me bored to tears and I really did not like Vaan. At all. I was hoping Square had moved beyond the spiky blonde haired pretty-boy hero, but alas the final release of XII deemed to not to be so.

Flying Arrow
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Final Fantasy X had very few redeemable qualities to it when compared to the rest of the games.

That's harsh but arguably true. FFX has some glowing positives (great fun battle system, beautiful graphics and a more focused plotline) and is in some ways better than VIII and IX. On the other hand, X's linear nature - which literally boils the everything down to running in a straight line while fending off random battles - is the epitome of tedious. Completely unrewarding. As the game went on, it became even more of a hand-holding affair. I almost quit playing when I discovered that my time in the great city of Bevelle would be limited to a bridge and a temple.

Also, I'm not sure if the game takes over (cut scene-wise) any more than VIII or IX, but it sure feels like it does because of the absolutely painful voice acting and dialogue.

X's still a pretty good game when it comes down to it, but it's probably one of the weakest entries in the series in terms of being a fully-rounded package. II is pretty ass too, but it's so far removed from what Final Fantasy has been in the last 15 years that it's not even worth harping on anymore.

Edea's-Ether
10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I detested FF XII.
Seriously I beat the game within a week and was working twelve hours a day. Im the anal retentive type so I max all stats do every side quest the works and still in one week it was done.
Besides that the story sucked...it didnt emotionally connect to "you" so I ended up not even caring what happend to the charecters. I care more about a good involved story more than I do for things looking realistic.
To me the replay value was nill. Since I beat the game I havent touched it so I feel Like I wasted money even Dirge of Cerberus was better to me than this game and Dirge of Cerberus was a total crap game as well but the story was at least better.
I actually fear buying a new Final Fantasy since I played XII because I dislike feeling like I wasted my money.....

Kalim
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
V. Yeah, the job system was interesting for awhile, but it got to the point where it was just so much work. Plus, the story was a little weird to me.

I wasn't particularly fond of II, either, but for it's time, I'd say it was okay. I mean, the first FF, the characters didn't even talk! (Not that FFI isn't incredible)

Forsaken Lover
12-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't get what people hate about 2.
I heard it was the worst thing in the series so I start it up and...I had a lot of fun. I'm still playing both it and IV but I can honestly tell you I'm having way more fun with 2 than i am with 4.

Also why are the games pre-IV forgotten almost when it comes to music? I positively adore these tracks
YouTube - Final Fantasy II OST : 13 - Ancient Castle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UTFx62k_Qc)
YouTube - Final Fantasy II OST : 2 - Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVU9un_8RcA)

Another thing I like about II in relation to the other games is you start 2 basically :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:ed. With the other games the global threat is kinda looming on the horrizon but with 2, you start on the brink of imminent ownage and it's up to you three to kick some ass and save the world.

Also, Guy can talk to beavers. BEAVERS!
This game can't be the worst if only for that.

Oh and can I just say Gordon wins for being th emost useless character ever to start but then gaining a heaping help of awesome in no time? I groaned and wished death upon him when he joined my party and was weak as Hell. Then BAM! He's like my best character.

Lunatic_High
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
I like and have played most of the FF games though if I'm honest I would say Final Fantasy XII, as I found it very hard to get used to the new battle system, although I also dislike Final Fantasy V's job system.

I like both of the games but it took me quite a while to get into the story and job system used in FF V.

Rodney
01-16-2010, 08:12 AM
4. The story is all right, but the characters come and go before you really get to know them. Even the more permanent ones you don't get time to know! I'm a fan of character development, and 4's lack thereof just kills me.

Was kinda bummed about X not having a true MA character but Wakka was good enough...favorite char in X.
I think the closest you could get to a martial arts character in 10 was Rikku, who fought with claws.

but I also didn't like X because I didn't like how I had to level everyone up myself
Then I'd steer clear of 13.

Kenshin IV
03-05-2010, 01:01 AM
While Twelve is far from perfect -- and clearly not what the original creator had intended it to be -- it has gotten a terrible rap that it does not deserve.

They absolutely made the right decision on giving a completely new team (and one that proved themselves with games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story) reigns to do something fresh with the main series. Not to mention fresh for the RPG genre. It was a really bold move. Unfortunately, Square didn't want to be too bold and wouldn't let them go all the way with the game. The final product suffered because of it.

Sure, the story was pretty basic, and the characters for the most part were underdeveloped, but the battle system was ingenious and deserves to be brought back. I would love to see what that battle system would look like after it gain's some refinements. Also, the wide, open world they created was really terrifically designed. Much more interesting than the linear worlds of FF10 and FF13.

I still say Twelve is easily the best of the PS2-era Final Fantasy games. I don't have much faith that Thirteen is going to do anything special with the franchise based on what I've seen, read, and played of it, so it's really a shame that FF12 was considered to be so much of a failure. I hope it hasn't scared them off of doing something new and innovative with Final Fantasy XV.

Tyrant57
03-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Im kinda surprised that VIII is in the lead right now. It was the next best thing to VII and My favorite title in the series. Also II, but then again i never completed it, I oved the fact it was based off of Star Wars Episode IV though! Id say the least best have to be I, It was pretty lame to me for some reason, after that would be XII but thats just because Ive never played it : (

Butz
03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
FFXII
Worst FF and worst JRPG I've played in my whole life, and I've played over 50 JRPGs.

Imperfectionist
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
XII. I've already explained why I don't like this many times so basically: rubbish story, boring characters, mediocre soundtrack, no soul, Penelo, tedious scenery and gameplay.

Yes.

Ragebrain The Enraged
05-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Can you reopen my thread? This one is outdated and you closed the up to date one. :D

Rantz
05-26-2010, 07:36 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/132341-least-favourite-final-fantasy.html