PDA

View Full Version : White noise from computer speakers

Rantz
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I recently bought a new set of speakers for my computer, called Logitech X-240. Both the subwoofer and the speakers are constantly making noise. From the speakers comes a sort of buzzing sound, which decreases/increases along with speaker volume, but not with Windows volume. The sub is emitting, well, a bass hum that does not increase or decrease with any volume settings.

I wish to get rid of this. Any suggestions?

Samuraid
11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Try plugging the speakers into a different source (like an iPod, or something with a headphone jack) and see if the noise persists. If the noise remains, you might try returning the speakers for a new set.

rubah
11-28-2008, 08:08 PM
my speakers make a lot of noise if I plug them into my laptop while my laptop is plugged in(less so if I have something USB plugged in simultaneously). They also make noise if I hold them in my hand and squeeze the plug. I'm thinking they're very good at picking up electrons from places. Maybe yours are good at electron catching too?

Yar
11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
At least you don't have the dreaded brown noise coming from your speakers. :( Worst week of my life.

Rantz
11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I plugged them into my phone and the noise stopped (well, it stopped when I unplugged them). So I guess it might be something with my motherboard, maybe? Although I never noticed any sound with my old speakers.

Samuraid
12-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Make sure you have any input sources (such as a microphone) muted from your speaker output. Also make sure the speakers are securely plugged into the receptacle on the back of the computer.

Rantz
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM
No additional input sources, and all connections are secure. However, when I connect the speakers directly to the computer there's no noise. It's when they're plugged into the sub unit they make noise. The sub is in turn connected to the computer.