PDA

View Full Version : There is no such thing as Lolicore.

Markus. D
11-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Anyways, does anyone else get a little zwebuufied at the large amount of sub-genres we have these days?

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Shlup
11-28-2008, 11:46 PM
You're just getting old. It's not that complicated.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2008, 12:01 AM
You're just getting old.

Says the 25 year old.

Big D
11-29-2008, 12:06 AM
A legitimate sub-genre is one thing, but I facepalm a little when every new metal band declares that it's the start of a new genre. "We are like nothing you have ever heard before! We call it 'neo-metal-soul-core-black-doom-death-carnage-metal!" or suchlike.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah. What the fuck is Shoegaze?

SNOOZER
11-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Does it have anything to do with lolipops?

black orb
11-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Anyways, does anyone else get a little zwebuufied at the large amount of sub-genres we have these days?

>>> Dont worry, you cant expect to know everything in this world..

Markus. D
11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Does it have anything to do with lolipops?

No it's bassically Happy Hardcore with Breakcore (-_-; even BREAKcore is a little far) influences.

Yeah. What the smurf is Shoegaze?

I know right :\? It's Soft-Soft-Rock (-____-;;;;; )

A legitimate sub-genre is one thing, but I facepalm a little when every new metal band declares that it's the start of a new genre. "We are like nothing you have ever heard before! We call it 'neo-metal-soul-core-black-doom-death-carnage-metal!" or suchlike.

Oh gosh I agree so very much -.-;

Captain Maxx Power
11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
No it's bassically Happy Hardcore with Breakcore (-_-; even BREAKcore is a little far) influences.

Ah, so what you're saying is that it's not a legitimate musical expression? I mean if it's a derivative of Happy Hardcore, which is rubbish, trite, unlistenable, horrifically terrible and completely lacking in any real talent, musical or otherwise, then by definition lolicore is just as bad.

Markus. D
11-30-2008, 01:14 AM
That's up to you to think that, can't appeal to everywhere, some people just hear the noise.

... I just don't feel it needs another genre spinoff of a name, when it is, truly Happy Hardcore.

Big D
11-30-2008, 02:25 AM
And I maintain that two or three bands don't constitute a "genre". A hardcore group that plays "happy" songs is just that - a happy group of hardcore musicians. They shouldn't just be able to declare that they're a new genre unto themselves.

Markus. D
11-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Hrm, what about "Post-xgenrehere" titles, it's all a little silly~~!

PS: I'm not sure what you're talking about... but Happy Hardcore has nothing to do with Rock music ^-^;
and the earliest song I've heard dates back to about 1996, It's a solid sub-genre of Techo/Whatever.