PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree!

Rye
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
As Santa is sliding down our holes! a christmas in only a very few weeks, we're putting up the tree today! I'm so excited! So melly!

http://www.anikaos.com/0035-christmas_gifs/christmas_tree-07.gif

What is your favorite ornament that you own for your Christmas tree?

Mine is a little red bike, it's always been my favorite. I wanted to buy a Starbucks ornament, but my Mom refuses to put it on the tree. ;;

http://www.anikaos.com/0035-christmas_gifs/christmas_snowman04.gif

Blue Harvest
11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
This is the first year we're going back to an non pre-decorated tree (we used to have a fibreglass one that required no decorations) and we threw out all our old ones, so I don't know what my favourite of the new ones are. Maybe the star. We've never had a star at the top before. We always had an oversized angel.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Those angels are lucky, getting that giant piece of wood up them. ;D

My favorite ornaments are the chocolates! :D

Rye
11-29-2008, 03:28 PM

YOU'RE INTO LOONY BOB?!?!!? D:<

Madame Adequate
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM

YOU'RE INTO LOONY BOB?!?!!?

No, he's into me. You could say, in fact, that loony bob penetrated me :(

Momiji
11-29-2008, 03:35 PM
My dad and I hate decorating for Christmas, so we strung lights around a decorative palm tree and we simply keep that up year-round. No assembly required. Don't ask, it was his idea-- he said he'd rather be reminded of being on the beaches of Florida instead of being in the middle of a snowstorm in rural-suburban Indiana. I guess it makes sense in a weird sort of way. Still, I don't have to decorate here, and that's always a plus.

My mom's house is a different story though. She likes to turn decorating into an all-day ordeal event. We first put up the tree, piece by piece, then we string it with a ton of lights, and then so many ornaments it's a wonder that the whole thing doesn't collapse on itself. Then she puts all of her Santa figurines (of which there are far too many) all over the house, and then puts a Nativity scene above our fireplace. Our house is an example of where secular and religious Christmas combines-- I'm really surprised she hasn't put a Santa figure with the wise men looking over baby Jesus' manger. :p

Much to my happiness, we don't decorate the outside of our house.

My favorite ornaments are the ones I don't have to put up. Alternately, my favorite ornaments go under the tree. ;)

Zeldy
11-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Our tree was put up a week ago. My Mum bought a new tree and couldn't wait to start decorating it, so it was up in NOVEMBER, that is so bad.

Cz
11-29-2008, 04:33 PM
This thread has me looking forward to putting up the family tree next week. Christmas season doesn't really begin until the tree goes up.

I like the birds that clip on to branches, because you can bury them deep in the tree and give them a proper nesting place.

Araciel
11-29-2008, 05:32 PM
fire.

Saber
11-29-2008, 05:38 PM
me.. personally... I don't have a tree and probally never will.
but my mom put up her tree and it looks good. my fav part is and will aways be the lights.

rubah
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
idk how we're going to do the christmas tree thing this year. Usually we go find one out in the pasture and cut it and bring it inside, but my dad's arthritis might not let him, so unless me or stu can man the chainsaw!

anyways it's too early to talk about christmas trees, ask me in a week.

Arc_Master_14
11-29-2008, 06:21 PM
yea its still early to get a tree but I love christmas trees but when i get mine in a week or so I'm going to have to be the one (with my mom's help) to put the damn thing up and decorate it. My sister and dad always put one ornament on and that's it I do the rest. But its still fun to do it.

Rye
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
In my household, the number of ornaments we have is upwards into the hundreds. We have so many, all with a really nice history, ranging from before I was born, to this year. A lot of them are really cool and from pop culture, and others are for milestones. I love our Christmas tree. It has everything!

Denmark
11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
a) Far too early to be thinking about Xmas trees.
b) We don't put one up.

And yes, we do celebrate Xmas.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2008, 08:19 PM

Not really. Most people I know put theirs up in the last few days of November or first week of December.

Rye
11-29-2008, 08:21 PM
We always do it right after Thanksgiving. Waiting until two days after is usually late for us! xD

Marshall Banana
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I just realized that our Christmas tree has been up and decorated all year (since last Christmas); mom hid it in one of the rooms no one goes in! That was easy!

Tavrobel
11-29-2008, 08:28 PM

I've been to a mall where Christmas decorations were up by September.

I myself haven't put one up since I was a kid, but my cousins have one up around two weeks before Christmas. Lots of Star Wars ornaments.

Momiji
11-29-2008, 08:34 PM
In my household, the number of ornaments we have is upwards into the hundreds. We have so many, all with a really nice history, ranging from before I was born, to this year. A lot of them are really cool and from pop culture, and others are for milestones. I love our Christmas tree. It has everything!

And I thought WE used too many ornaments! XD

rubah
11-29-2008, 09:33 PM
its' too early to put up real trees because they'll dry out and catch on fire before christmas, so you wait until like two or three weeks before the 25th.

Red Fox In Disguise
11-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I've always loved these white beads we had in the shape of stars, they are the ultimate shizzle of our christmas tree :strut:

Rantz
11-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Wow, our family doesn't get it until two or three days before the 24th. I've been the one sent to chop it down for the last few years, which I quite enjoy.

I'm not quite sure about what decorations we even have, but I think candles are the winner anyway. We used to have living candles which was really amazing but we've switched to electric out of convenience.

Rye
11-30-2008, 12:45 AM
I didn't know so many people got REAL trees. =O

Yar
11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Real trees are better for the environment. Go green! :p

Denmark
11-30-2008, 12:53 AM

Not really. Most people I know put theirs up in the last few days of November or first week of December.

Just because everyone does it doesn't make it right.

Gwawr
11-30-2008, 12:53 AM
God knows. The tree is Rhod's domain, and no-one dares ask him about it until it's up.

We have lots of Welsh decorations (usually saying 'Nadolig Llawen') and lots of ribbons. I suspect it will be the same this year again.

Rantz
11-30-2008, 12:57 AM

Real trees smell good!

God knows. The tree is Rhod's domain, and no-one dares ask him about it until it's up.

We have lots of Welsh decorations (usually saying 'Nadolig Llawen') and lots of ribbons. I suspect it will be the same this year again.

I love your family. I thought you were going to tell us about some obscure forest god named Rhod at first. xD

rubah
11-30-2008, 01:08 AM
omg, yes, they smell divine.

Rye
11-30-2008, 01:09 AM
But aren't there bugs and stuff in them? =O They'd run around on your living room floor!

Rantz
11-30-2008, 01:22 AM
If there are bugs, I assure you they'd rather stay in the tree. xD

Jessweeee♪
11-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Whenever we get a real tree, whatever animals we have in the house insist on peeing on it. So we're going with a fake tree. This year it will be a very tiny one that sits on the table, so none of the usual decorations :(

blackmage_nuke
11-30-2008, 01:45 AM
My dad and I hate decorating for Christmas, so we strung lights around a decorative palm tree

It's a Futurama christmas!!

We dont set up the christmas tree anymore but if i ever got one i'd want a dead one like the ones Pheobe likes on Friends. Maybe i'll even top it off with her candy skull.

Tavrobel
11-30-2008, 01:57 AM
You people need to learn to get some anti-sealant preservative for your Christmas trees. It'll prevent the tree from healing the cuts so that water can get into the tree, and it'll not become dry as fast. Even the preservative smells pretty good by itself, too.

qwertysaur
11-30-2008, 01:58 AM
I don't celebrate this holiday :(

Tavrobel
11-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I used to do that, too. Then I realized that it was a guilt-free and guaranteed way to ask for money.

Unless you're Jewish. Then you get some Chinese food.

Yar
11-30-2008, 02:00 AM
I don't celebrate this holiday :(Where's the Minorah smilie? :(

It's okay qwerty, I have no idea what Christmas really means anymore. Something about materialism and virgins having babies. :confused:

blackmage_nuke
11-30-2008, 02:20 AM
I don't celebrate this holiday :(Where's the Minorah smilie? :(

It's okay qwerty, I have no idea what Christmas really means anymore. Something about materialism and virgins having babies. :confused:

Materia and Jenova?

CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT FF7!!!

The plot thickens...:shifty:

Shorty
11-30-2008, 02:29 AM
I wanted to buy a Starbucks ornament, but my Mom refuses to put it on the tree.

Your mom was right in doing so.

XxSephirothxX
11-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Fake Christmas trees are lame. I'd have no tree before I bought a fake tree. But I don't care much about decorating for Christmas, so :monster:.

Værn
11-30-2008, 05:25 AM
We have a fake tree here. The cats like climbing on real trees, and can be hazardous to fragile decorations.

rubah
11-30-2008, 06:20 AM
You people need to learn to get some anti-sealant preservative for your Christmas trees. It'll prevent the tree from healing the cuts so that water can get into the tree, and it'll not become dry as fast. Even the preservative smells pretty good by itself, too.

my mom slips aspirins into the tree's water for this purpose.

Araciel
11-30-2008, 06:22 AM
my mom slips aspirins into the tree's water for this purpose.

AKA: the christmas roofie.

Breine
11-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Aww, I won't be having a tree - spending christmas in India this year.

My favourite ornament would have to be an old angel that we always have on top. It used to be my grandpa's, so it's a bit sentimental as well.

Blue Harvest
11-30-2008, 11:50 AM
The idea of having a real tree is preposterous to me. We've always had a fake one. They last for years, just like our horrible fibreoptic one which I got to saw in half after it stopped working :D

Gwawr
11-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Real trees smell good!

I love your family. I thought you were going to tell us about some obscure forest god named Rhod at first. xD

Remind me NEVER to tell Rhod you think he's a forest god. There would be inevitable comments about having 'big wood'.

Denmark
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
fibreoptic tree

I'm sure you mean fiberglass (fibreglass). Because if you don't, that's crazy awesome.

Balzac
11-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Who the hell has a fibreglass tree? Fibreoptic trees are all the rage at the moment.

Arc_Master_14
11-30-2008, 10:57 PM
FIBREOPTICS FTW!? lol. I put up our multi-colored icicle lights on my house today and my family went and are getting our tree currently. (Smurfheads left me)

Denmark
11-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Who the hell has a fibreglass tree? Fibreoptic trees are all the rage at the moment.

I had never heard of a fiberoptic tree, only a fiberglass one. Hence my confusion.

rubah
12-01-2008, 12:06 AM
my 10th grade english teacher had a fiberoptic christmas tree. it was a foot tall.

Blue Harvest
12-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Fibreoptic trees aren't as great as they sound. I missed decorating it :(

KoShiatar
12-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I have what used to be a live Christmas tree planted in my garden.
After seeing how it suffered to be kept inside, and how its gems were pale and thin and twisted the spring after, I no longer approve of live Christmas trees unless they are planted outside in the earth like they should be. My dad hangs lights on it come Christmas, and I like it better than any indoors tree.

Jess
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
We don't put our tree up until like 2 weeks into December.

My favourite part of the tree is the lights. sooo pretty~ :jess:

scrumpleberry
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Going up tonight~!

Bunny
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I hate this holiday. Why do I need a giant Christmas tree in the middle of my already too small living room.

Blue Harvest
12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
We might be putting our tree & the rest of the decorations up on sunday. Depends how hungover mum is :tongue:

Rocket Edge
12-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Our christmas tree is just amazing. My favourite ornament is definitely the Giraffe with the santa hat on its head. Pity I won't get to see it anytime soon because we always leave putting up our tree til the last few days and then leave it there til March or that. :mad: