PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Development Help

Innocent Dimande
11-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Okay, here's the deal: my Video Game Development class is working on a project right now. We are modifying a pre-existing program, putting in new graphics and sounds, stuff like that.

I want to go a little bit further, though. I'd like to create an extra screen in case the high score is broken, change the floor texture, and add an image onto the game over screen. I'd also like to create more levels, but I don't think I'll be able to.

If there is anyone on this site who has a pretty firm grasp of Dark Basic and/or has been through the I Support Learning/Ingenious Student Labs program before, I would really appreciate your help. Normally I wouldn't ask for help, but I decided to work by myself.

I'll post the code later if anyone needs it for reference.

Thanks!

Moon Rabbits
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I've never actually used DarkBasic, but if you post the code I might be able to help as I have knowledge in BASIC and various other languages.

Flying Mullet
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll second what Moon Rabbits said in that several members have programming experience and even if we don't know the language or development environment in question we still might be able to offer some help.

Nominus Experse
12-05-2008, 10:38 PM
C IS FOR CODIES GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME
:monster2:

Innocent Dimande
12-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied! I actually managed to figure out my original problem on my own, but I now have another: I need to figure out how to delete objects at the end of the game. (There is a preexisting code for such a thing already there, but it isn't working.)

I'll be attaching the code this time around.

NeoTifa
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Your file is corrupt, slut! Anywho... dreamincode.net can help. Can you put that in notepad or something? Save it as a rtf or something plzkthnx? :)