PDA

View Full Version : Alignment

Laddy
11-30-2008, 04:13 AM
In Dungeons and Dragons, your character has an alignment that shows how they feel regarding good and evil, as well as order and freedom.

Take the quiz and find out! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b)

I'm Chaotic Good. Meaning I do the best I can, I'll lie, cheat, maybe even steal, but it's all for the right thing. I find law to be misleading, and rulers mostly corrupt, I have no duties, I put it upon myself to save people from the corrupt rulers, risking my life and putting myself at the bottom of the pole so others may not be destroyed by the one up top.

Oh, how appropriate.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/KevinMartin997/Demotivators/1165944780816.jpg

Tavrobel
11-30-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm apparently Neutral Good. However, some of those questions had options I would not ever pursue. I seem to act more like a Lawful Evil.

Momiji
11-30-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm True Neutral. I'll dabble in any alignment I want when the situation demands it. ;D

Jessweeee♪
11-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.
Really? I thought you'd be Neutral Good, actually. XD

Am I the only decent person here? I'm not including Tav...

Værn
11-30-2008, 04:32 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Vaern/M5HQYMDJN2PKIND2EPTSZTKQLVEQ4EWI.jpg

It's saying Neutral Good. Though I took three tests a few days ago and they all said chaotic evil.
Those three quizzes also gave race and class results. One said halfling bard/sorcerer, one said halfling bard, one said half-elf sorcerer.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 04:33 AM
They say I'm a Gnome Bard. XD

Rye
11-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Neutral Evil

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Oh my god. xD

Araciel
11-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Chaotic Stupid.

Madame Adequate
11-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Darn straight! :D

Laddy
11-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Neutral Evil

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn’t have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has. The criminal who robs and murders to get what she wants is neutral evil. Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies. The common phrase for neutral evil is "true evil." Neutral evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Oh my god. xDOh my. I nominated you for Evilest Member, too!

Rye
11-30-2008, 04:54 AM
xD Lawl.

I'm one of the nicest people to people I care for. I got neutral evil because I said I'd steal/cheat people out of their money and would be bribed easily with money if I didn't get caught. xD

But everyone would, whether they admit it or not.

Vermachtnis
11-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Momiji
11-30-2008, 05:10 AM
xD Lawl.

I'm one of the nicest people to people I care for. I got neutral evil because I said I'd steal/cheat people out of their money and would be bribed easily with money if I didn't get caught. xD

Bribed, maybe. Stealing and cheating, not at all. Saying everyone would is false, because some of us have personal (yet selective) morals. :p

Værn
11-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Except one of the people in my present campaign. He took the Vow of Poverty feat, which gives him all kinds a crazy bonuses as long as he has no material possessions.
The rest of the party is out to get him, because it makes him too freaking powerful. He has ~30 AC and insane bonus to all of his saves so nothing can touch him, and, even if something does hit him, he has damage reduction and fast healing so it won't hurt him nearly as much as it should... having somebody that powerful ruins the game for everybody else >=O

Seriously. Exalted characters suck. I would say that they should all burn in Hell, but the fact that they typically have to be beyond lawful good makes that slightly impossible.

LunarWeaver
11-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Boring Neutral.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 06:10 AM
I agree with Vaern. Lawful Good is boring and dull enough as is.

Araciel
11-30-2008, 06:16 AM
http://jinx.com/Content/Product/929p_4c_ZoomM.jpg

rubah
11-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Personally, I am chaotic good, my character however, would definitely be Lawful Good by definition ;)

xD Lawl.

are you kidding? I'm reluctant to even let people cheat off my homework! I'm too proud of what I can accomplish to let people slide by with no effort. It would belittle my own works to accept bribes.

Old Manus
11-30-2008, 10:16 AM
True Neutral

It's just too bad I don't play Dungeons and Dragons.

ShunNakamura
11-30-2008, 10:54 AM
http://splinteredportals.com/cat_alignment/4_neutral_good.jpg
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492345754757178-neutral-good.jpg
This is what it has me pegged as!

Odd, I quite often score Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic good on these things. Meh, whatever, maybe I am in a more lawful mood than normal.

Oh and a nice Lawful good one!
http://www.cold-moon.com/images/Motivators/Alignments/LawfulGood1.jpg

scrumpleberry
11-30-2008, 11:02 AM

Er, I wouldn't x) I literally wouldn't be able to live with myself. I have a very nasty conscience.

edit: pee. ess. I got neutral. I think the quiz just tried to average out my answers though, because they were pretty much all over the place. I've gotten chaotic good before on that one.

Blue Harvest
11-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm neutral good apparently.

Fynn
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm neutral good apparently.

Hey, me too! ;)

James Leopold
11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm one of the Lawful Neutral

Rantz
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Neutral

I love my result. :cool:

Madame Adequate
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I gotta say, I think these people saying "I am incorruptable" haven't been tested. Seriously. Not letting someone cheat off your homework is a pretty different situation from not accepting a very, very large bribe from a very, very powerful man. I sincerely hope that I would prove strong enough to do what I believe is right rather than what is easy or profitable, but I'm not so convinced of myself and my strength to suggest that it would be a foregone conclusion (Nor do I believe it should be, because that's a very quick way to unthinking zealotry, and Lawful Evil is probably my least favorite of all alignments).

I hope I'm wrong. It'd really reinforce my faith in Humanity if this many people are this pure and good. But to be honest, in all my life I can only think of one person who I am convinced would do the right thing all of the time, as long as it was within their capabilities to do it.

Rye
11-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't think letting people cheat off of my HW is the same, because you're not given a large sum of money for it. xD I'm saying that in the test, they ask you a lot of questions like "Would you do X for a large sum of money?" and I said yes to certain degrees to nearly all of them except for murder related ones.

ShunNakamura
11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I gotta say, I think these people saying "I am incorruptable" haven't been tested. Seriously. Not letting someone cheat off your homework is a pretty different situation from not accepting a very, very large bribe from a very, very powerful man. I sincerely hope that I would prove strong enough to do what I believe is right rather than what is easy or profitable, but I'm not so convinced of myself and my strength to suggest that it would be a foregone conclusion (Nor do I believe it should be, because that's a very quick way to unthinking zealotry, and Lawful Evil is probably my least favorite of all alignments).

Do remember you can be tempted while still being good. Most of those bribes would be 'I would be tempted, but would ultimately decline'. And a few I accepted. I also didn't give up the career to help a family member. Oh, and I cheated the rich merchants :D.

scrumpleberry
11-30-2008, 03:34 PM
saying "I am incorruptable"

Come off it MILFord, quit putting words in people's mouths. Nobody ever said "incorruptable". Personally I never pretended to be a lovely lovely person. But the one thing I can always count on myself to do is to make the right choice when it really matters. I've always done that, and I will always continue to. It's strongest thing about me. Of course it isn't completely infallable but if it's the best thing I have, I'm not going to let it go easily. That's all I meant.

Iceglow
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I got the following:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492345754757178-neutral-good.jpg

Psychotic
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I thought it would be Lawful Evil and I was damn right. Basically I'm Darth Vader, but uglier. That's how I roll on games like Fable and Oblivion, anyway (and that's how I answered it). In real life I do not go around murdering people to steal their pants. Yet.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 06:23 PM

Come off it MILFord, quit putting words in people's mouths. Nobody ever said "incorruptable". Personally I never pretended to be a lovely lovely person. But the one thing I can always count on myself to do is to make the right choice when it really matters. I've always done that, and I will always continue to. It's strongest thing about me. Of course it isn't completely infallable but if it's the best thing I have, I'm not going to let it go easily. That's all I meant.Yeah, MILFy, it's all pure fun. I may not be a 'great' person but I feel I'm decent enough. I've done the right thing, I sacrifice my time to help people if need be, I'm far from incorruptable, but I feel I'm decent enough.

Lighten up MILF, stop being so Lawful Good on our asses. XD

EDIT-Oh, and as Shakamura said, I supposedly cheated the rich merchants and I'd beat prison guards up, only enough for me to get away. I tempted, and by 'Tempted' we mean it is possible for us to give in to.

Tasura
11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

Apparently all my friends are right after all.

rubah
11-30-2008, 07:23 PM
What is the appeal of power? Who would be a powerful man? No one I would look up to I'm sure. There are plenty of other paths to money, like sticking in engineering. I'm sure I'm corruptible, but this situation you're describing is not the way to go about it.

Madame Adequate
11-30-2008, 07:26 PM
What is the appeal of power? Who would be a powerful man? No one I would look up to I'm sure. There are plenty of other paths to money, like sticking in engineering. I'm sure I'm corruptible, but this situation you're describing is not the way to go about it.

To shape the world to how one believes it should be? That's why I want power.

Yeah, MILFy, it's all pure fun. I may not be a 'great' person but I feel I'm decent enough. I've done the right thing, I sacrifice my time to help people if need be, I'm far from incorruptable, but I feel I'm decent enough.

Right. You've sacrificed your time. Anyone does that. It's good, but it's petty. We're talking about overall here - would you still sacrifice your time to see justice done if you were in a hurry to say goodbye to a dying friend? We're not put in extreme circumstances so nobody knows what their morality really is. When a bomb goes off, and there are injured people, and you have to decide whether to run away in case there's radiation or gas or something, or stay and try and help - when the fascists take power and you risk prison, beating, or death, will you still stand up for freedom and equality - that is when you see whether or not you're good.

Come off it MILFord, quit putting words in people's mouths. Nobody ever said "incorruptable". Personally I never pretended to be a lovely lovely person. But the one thing I can always count on myself to do is to make the right choice when it really matters. I've always done that, and I will always continue to. It's strongest thing about me. Of course it isn't completely infallable but if it's the best thing I have, I'm not going to let it go easily. That's all I meant.

That's sort of my point. Everyone is giving such petty reasons as to why they're nice good people. It's EASY to give a hobo five dollars when you're not dressed in rags yourself. It's EASY to give a couple of hours a week to a charity when you're safe, secure, prosperous, and loved. I picked out rubah's homework example because it's a pretty good instance of what I mean. Is it an example of good, fairness, and honesty? Yes. Is it of any real consqeunce? Not in moral terms. Being a good person in day-to-day, average lives is good, it's laudable, and it should be encouraged. But it only proves that you're not psychopathic enough to contravene social norms and mores. We in the modern developed world just don't encounter the situations which sort this stuff out. I don't know if I'm good, because I've never had a gun pointed at my head.

I'm not saying anyone here is good or bad, I'm saying few people know.

rubah
11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't do a good job at it, plus it would take up all my time. That's why I don't.

Rye
11-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Most average people aren't bribed with large sums of money. =O That's why I'm choosing to get a good career too for money. Teaching doesn't pay so well at first, but on Long Island, teachers do end up making over $100,000 if they work in good districts, like the school I went to. Though I am quite impatient, so that's why I'm thinking of pursuing my masters degree, which I need to do while I'm a teaching anyway, so keep my job in NY, in another degree other than education, so I can end up doing something in Psychology, possibly, along with teaching/tutoring! :flounder:

In any case, those are all very unlikely hypothetical situations. While I definitely would do a lot for money, which may well make me an immoral person, as those situations are so unlikely, to me, it just ends up translating into my willingness to work hard and go through a lot of degrees to make the big bugs - aka, the fact that I'm a workaholic. Which, considering the fact that I worked over 30 hours a week over the summer doing hour commutes and the like, isn't really surprising. I love money. I'm happy with myself at this point of my life. Consider Maslow's pyramid of needs. I have my safety and physical needs covered. I have love and warm friendships. I am on my way to a career. The top of the pyramid is the need to seek beauty and art and nice things, a lot of which you obtain through money. That's my reasoning, in any case. Also, I like quality, because I was raised to appreciate quality. My parents would scold me if I were to get cheap quality things. That's why my first car was expensive, unlike a lot of first cars. It's not a BMW, but it's safe and nice and won't break down, because of the quality. Quality is good.

If I didn't love money, I wouldn't bother going to college to get a good job, because I could very well see myself being happy working as a make-up artist, except for the fact that it's not a lucrative profession for the most part. =O

Srs post is srs but I'm being honest is all! Criticize if you like, but don't tell me money doesn't buy happiness. It doesn't. Sitting on a pile of money doesn't make anyone happy. But using it to get what makes me happy, like art, and the opportunity to be with the people I love, and the opportunity to advance myself makes me happy. <3

Rase
11-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.
:p

Levian
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm evil, like a giraffe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYcnEonB04E)

scrumpleberry
11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Srs post is srs but I'm being honest is all! Criticize if you like, but don't tell me money doesn't buy happiness. It doesn't. Sitting on a pile of money doesn't make anyone happy. But using it to get what makes me happy, like art, and the opportunity to be with the people I love, and the opportunity to advance myself makes me happy. <3

I don't think anyone was criticizing you. I like money too, and I think it can buy a lot of your happiness. We'd just perhaps act differently in a certain situation regarding it, for different reasons. It's differences, not criticisms.

Fair enough MILF. But for me it's a real gut instinct, and it's always seen me through in the most srs situations that I've been in, so I do count myself as knowing, as far as I can, that I do the right thing. You can say that I can't possibly know as much as you like, and I completely see where you're coming from - but I kind of do know. God this is making me sound stupid. Whatever, it's just how I feel. Your perfectly sensible and logical reasoning hasn't flipped that feeling on it's head. Sorry.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.
All descriptions have that, except 'Evil' says 'worst alignment you can be.' It's supposed to be like propaganda.

Rase
11-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Lawful Neutral

All descriptions have that, except 'Evil' says 'worst alignment you can be.' It's supposed to be like propaganda.
Lies!!!

Aerith's Knight
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Laddy
11-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.
I was going to laugh in your face, expecting you to go Chaotic, but I guess you still want me to 'EXPECT YOUR AUTHORITAH!!!'

Lawr
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Heretics all of you.

Aerith's Knight
12-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Lawful Good

I was going to laugh in your face, expecting you to go Chaotic, but I guess you still want me to 'EXPECT YOUR AUTHORITAH!!!'

Hippies have no real place in this world. Go hump a whale. Go be a productive part of society. :p

Don't make me grab my stick. xD

Laddy
12-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Lawful Good

Hippies have no real place in this world. Go hump a whale. Go be a productive part of society. :p

Don't make me grab my stick. xD
Oh, oh, so I turn you on, don't I, AK?

Aerith's Knight
12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
There is so many things wrong with you assuming I mean that, I'm just going to blame it on the grass. -_-

Yar
12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Lawful Neutral!? :/

Bo-ring.

Sir Lancealot
12-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Neutral Good

Captain Maxx Power
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
http://www.cold-moon.com/images/Motivators/Alignments/TrueNeutral1.jpg

Aerith's Knight
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
http://splinteredportals.com/cat_alignment/7_lawful_good.jpg

Madame Adequate
12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Fair enough MILF. But for me it's a real gut instinct, and it's always seen me through in the most srs situations that I've been in, so I do count myself as knowing, as far as I can, that I do the right thing. You can say that I can't possibly know as much as you like, and I completely see where you're coming from - but I kind of do know. God this is making me sound stupid. Whatever, it's just how I feel. Your perfectly sensible and logical reasoning hasn't flipped that feeling on it's head. Sorry.

I sincerely hope that you are right. I hate holding any sort of cynical or negative views about Humanity. In truth I do tend to think that we are, as a rule, pretty decent. Not perfect, but on balance, better than neutral. Please always prove that you are what you believe yourself to be.

Laddy
12-03-2008, 03:29 AM
In response to MILF, here are some recen things I've done 'Good.'

1. Prevented A Friend's Suicide
2. Gave $5 to Salvation Army
3. Help a Kid Go To His Mommy

I do stuff with kids, too. Like, some non-profit acts for kids ans stuff. I do some motivational speaking and humorous, but motivational, plays for children and adolescents.

I may not be Nelson Mandela or Buddha, but I know what I'm good at at and I strive to do as much good as possible. I suppose that's what you were asking. =/

Freie-Kefka
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Chaotic Good
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he’s kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Wow XD

Cleric
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Neutral good! What a surprise...naht

Brennan
12-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Lawful Good
I'm surprised at myself :eek:

The Man
12-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Chaotic good. Given that I'm practically an anarchist, and actually identified as one for several years, it's not much of a surprise to me.