PDA

View Full Version : FFTA Whats up with that

Saber
12-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I just started playing tactics advanced on my game boy and already I can buy ragnorak, lionheart and various final fantasy "Major weapons".

Do you get your loot stolen from you at some point or are they just not good weapons?. Other then that exclude the laws I like tactics Advance battles more then old Tactics for Snes.

.:kerrod:.
12-01-2008, 02:22 AM
the "Major Weapons" don't play the same role as in other final fantasy games, they're just some form of easter egg the developers decided to include

i used to prefer TA battle, but really, the only benefits are that your characters don't die permanently and there's no charge time on spells, and while these are pretty major factors, i still prefer the challange of Tactics and it gives it more of a strategic feel

Saber
12-01-2008, 02:42 AM
see what happened is I decide to level up until I own'ed every weapon you can get at the start of the game. each time I got close the shop guy would say we've got new stuff on stock and it started to seem endless. finally lionheart came up after the third (I think) and much more. I'm still wanting to level until I get all the weapons/armor/accessories but it seems endless.

Are there some weapons that become unavalible after certain events. If they isn't I would like to continue the story.

12-01-2008, 03:36 AM
im not sure about the ones that become unavailable after a certain point (if there are any), but i do know that you can't get all of the weapons and stuff right at the start, i'm pretty sure you can only get some after certain missions/after you passed a certain point in the game...i can't be sure, but i'd say that you'd have to continue with the story to unlock more missions which will, in turn, unlock more weapons...and there are a lot, they have to span them out across a whole game, so it will take a very long time to get all of them

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2008, 04:38 AM
Some weapons are only available by doing special missions, some are only available by stealing from specific enemies in certain missions, and the Mythril weapons can only be obtained by doing link battles or as random drops from the random Clan battles that appear from time to time but otherwise there is no control over either.

I prefer Tactics cause the story was more to my liking and the IX ability system really didn't work for me in this game. I prefer gaining JP from actions and using them to purchase skills; rather than have to search high and low for an obscure weapon so I can learn Mindbreak of all things from a weapon that appears randomly. :rolleyes2.

TA is not a game created for completionist. Despite that, I love the game. :love:

12-01-2008, 04:48 AM
i heartily agree with the JP thing you were talking about, there was nothing more frustrating than going 'i could beat this guy if only i had *insert ability here*' and you can't find that effing weapon

nothing annoys me more than the need to link to complete the game; the first tactics was fine, but now the psp one can only be completed when you link up to gain specific weapons...definitely a 'feature' that should be left out of every single game on God's great Earth

Wolf Kanno
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
i heartily agree with the JP thing you were talking about, there was nothing more frustrating than going 'i could beat this guy if only i had *insert ability here*' and you can't find that effing weapon

nothing annoys me more than the need to link to complete the game; the first tactics was fine, but now the psp one can only be completed when you link up to gain specific weapons...definitely a 'feature' that should be left out of every single game on God's great Earth

I completely agree. :mog: