PDA

View Full Version : Guildwars: Character Information, Group Organization and Discussion.

Markus. D
12-02-2008, 12:18 AM
As the title states... The last thread I made y'see, kinda didn't lift-off, hopefully this one will =]

EoFF plays together! Videos and Screenies!!
YouTube - EoFF plays Guild Wars: 4vs4 Scrimmage Tsukasa Vs. Bert. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JyRsAOSPELI)

Main character name: Ki Lun Grimflare
Completed: Factions/Nightfall/EotN
Profession: Assassin/Any
Guild: Protectors of the Mists
Alliance Rank: Luxon R6
Elite Armor Monuments: Ancient, Asuran, Monument, Norn, Luxon.
Hero Monuments: Gwen, Xandra, Jora, Livia, Ogden Stonehealer, Zenmai, Magrid The Sly, Tahlkora, M.O.X
Resilience Monuments: Eternal Conqueror of Fissure of Woe, Eternal Hero of Elona, Eternal Hero of Cantha, Eternal Saviour of the Luxons, Eternal Saviour of the Kurzicks
Valor Monuments: -
Devotion Monuments: -

I switch around characters alot (Namely my Necromancer or Ritualist)... most of my monuments are Elite armor... I have alot of fun collecting pretty things ^_^... rather than grinding for titles (Especially the pointless ones that take exceptionally long like the Drunkard or Lucky title).

I'm getting a group together for this weekend to fight through DoA in Normal Mode, care to join :3?... I can run Discord Heroes if there's not enough people to come along.

Laddy
12-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Main character name: Mr Valygar Corthala
Completed: None (Pvp)
Profession: Dervish/Monk or Mesmer
Guild: Currently 'Single'
Alliance Rank: N/A

I pretty much go PvP only.

Markus. D
12-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh sweet!

I have a slot that has changing PvP toons in it.

Do you HA/HB/AB?

I kinda like to do those the most.

Avarice-ness
12-02-2008, 04:11 PM
It's like you're psychic and thought "OH HEY, AVA JUST REJOINED GW."

Either way...

It's been a while and I honestly don't remember all my stuff.

Laddy
12-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh sweet!

I have a slot that has changing PvP toons in it.

Do you HA/HB/AB?

I kinda like to do those the most.I HB sometimes. I spend my time 75% experimenting and 25% improving.

Markus. D
12-03-2008, 04:25 AM
So like... RA and stuff :S?

._.;

Oh yey~ Ava plays again! neato, I don't think I've EVER partied with you either :(

escobert
12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Main character: Azure Sunshine
Guild: Fire Meets Ice
Alliance: Luxon, Fire Meets Ice 4,000,000+ faction
On my account I have beat all the games but I'm going back with this new ranger and redoing everything.

Markus. D
12-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Ew don't redo.

Especially since they're making Monuments count account-wide in the next few updates.

annnnnd, why make another Ranger T_T! Barraging among other Ranger-Related PvE things is piss boring imo.

... All the more power to you I guess whatever choice you make.

escobert
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I already deleted woodly about 2 months ago and she was my ranger that had beat everything. It was more than just redoing. I hadn't done any of the side stuff so my quest log was mega bloated and I wanted a male ranger :p. I'm happier with this guy :p

Markus. D
12-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I remade a Mesmer... not that I've ever accomplished anything on past Mesmers...

I named him Paper Scarecrow!

He wears the Halloween Scarecrow mask xD!..

Seriously though, Clumsiness and Wandering Eye are super awesome :3!

escobert
12-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I had a mesmer for awhile but I got bored super fast :(

Markus. D
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Well it's been two weeks and I'm still interested in getting together and playing.

Oh! and here's (http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/wintersday2008/) a nice treat for those who plan to access during Christmas :D!

Edit: Oh! and how neat are some of those updates? Seriously it's the first time there's truly been only buffs and balances, no real nerfs.

eg.

Shadow Form: recharge reduced to 45 seconds. Duration reduced to 5..21 seconds

Peace and Harmony: functionality changed to: "Target ally loses 0..9 conditions, and 0..9 hexes. For 1..5 seconds, conditions and hexes expire 90% faster on that ally. All your Smiting Prayers are disabled for 20 seconds."

Fevered Dreams: functionality changed to: "For 10..25 seconds, whenever target foe suffers from a new condition, all foes in the area suffer from that condition as well and if that foe has two or more conditions that foe is Dazed for 1..3 seconds."

Then there were skills that got overbuffed/didn't need it.

eg.

Energy Boon: recharge time increased to 40 seconds, casting time removed. Functionality changed to: "For 20 seconds, you have +0..40 maximum Energy, and 5 Health regeneration. When Energy Boon ends you gain 0..20 Energy and 0..100 Health." That's a skill, that means you cannot remove or interrupt it.

Spike Trap: functionality changed to: "When Spike Trap is triggered, every second (for 2 seconds), all nearby foes are struck for 10..40 piercing damage, become Crippled for 3..25 seconds, and are knocked down. Spike Trap ends after 90 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted."
It was fine as it was just triggering the one time x.x;

My personal favorite(s) were totally:

Avatar of Grenth: functionality changed to: "For 5..90 seconds, you cannot be blocked by enchanted foes, and your attacks deal cold damage and steal 5..20 life. This skill is disabled for 120 seconds."
I've always wanted to play a Dark Knight-like character in GW, and now I can... my Dervish Mule might be useful again :O!

Enraged Smash: functionality changed to: "If Enraged Smash hits, you gain 1..4 strikes of adrenaline. If you hit a moving foe, you strike for +10..40 damage, and your target is knocked down."
Dragon Slash but for a useful weapon! I love Hammers and this just makes a larger selection of combinations.

Mark of Insecurity: functionality changed to: "For 5..25 seconds, target foe suffers from -1..3 Health degeneration, and enchantments and stances on that foe expire 90% faster."
I can't begin to explain how much my Assassin owns others with this in PvP TA.

Ether Prism: Energy cost reduced to 5, casting time removed. Functionality changed to: "For 3 seconds, all damage you take is reduced to 0. When this enchantment ends, you gain 5..20 Energy."
Even though I used it before to Spam Party Heal, it's made the Dryders in UW extremely tricky to take down (which I'm all for, Harder PvE ftw!!!)

There were many more buffs and needed changes (Like Corpseless Minion Raising from AotL) and giant Nibelung Valesti's (Ray of Judgement, just see).

escobert
12-16-2008, 03:05 AM
I want the old Healers boon ;_;

Markus. D
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Sooo liek, I was working last week on making my mark in Kurzick Ville, I do believe Bert and I fought, he keeelled me a couple of times, but then I remembered Beast Mastery Pet Attacks trigger through the ranger as buffs and not the pet as active skills.

It was really gewd o_o! I really am enjoying the Jade Arena! I've seriously never seen Necromancers being Kamakaze before, it's sexy.

escobert
12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I was at the jade arena! have been the last week or so. I don't ever notice who I'm beating up :p I've been doing some fort aspenwood too!

Oh and I made a healers boon monk again. My duild leader talked me into it. and I want a good farmer :p

Markus. D
12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I was at the jade arena! have been the last week or so. I don't ever notice who I'm beating up :p I've been doing some fort aspenwood too!

Oh and I made a healers boon monk again. My duild leader talked me into it. and I want a good farmer :p

T_T You wouldn't give me PvP tips you meanie :[!

xD

I don't understand why people delete toons that are superfar (I've totally partied with your HB Monk in like, Asuraville)... but, all the more power to jou~

escobert
12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I didn't think I was ever gonna get around to using him. But I decided I missed him xD

Markus. D
12-18-2008, 04:04 AM
I didn't think I was ever gonna get around to using him. But I decided I missed him xD

Ah! Fair enough!

Bonding is extremely fun with a monk xD!

Also! that betchslap of a new Peace and Harmony, is absolutely amazing.