PDA

View Full Version : Cake

rubah
12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
My mom asked me what kind of cake I want for my birthday, but I need help deciding.

1) my granny sue makes this really awesome bundt(?) cake with like chocolate and nuts strewn through it and it's delicious but she hasn't made it in forever. Apparently my mom asked and she had no idea what I was talking about. :'(

2) angelfood cake is pretty good. strawberries and whipped cream would probably be the bom

3) I think I had a birthday brownie last year, can't remember

4) apple pie a la mode would be incredible

5) stu is in love with the idea of a confetti cake, but I don't really want one, they make me think of easy bake ovens

6) ????????

Yar
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I was asked what kind of cake I wanted for my graduation. I couldn't decide, because I wanted all kinds of cake. :aimblush:

I eventually got stuck with some nasty strawberry cake. :'(

The moral of the story: Don't let anyone pick your cake.

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Who asks others for help on choosing a cake? Crazy lady.

Lemony cake is delicious.

edczxcvbnm
12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Better than sex

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
The cake is a lie.

It's really a pie.

Miriel
12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok, this is what you do!

Have angel food cake, topped with brownie crumbles, and a nice heaping of ice cream on the side. Or some other combination of cake + brownie + ice cream. That's the trifecta right there.

rubah
12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
see this thread is already working, I know I don't want lemon cake!

rofl @ miriel :exdee:

that's an idea though >:D

Yar
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm going to run to Wal-Mart tonight to get cake ingredients. Thanks, Rubahs!

I'm thinking of Apfelkuchen. :greenie:

edczxcvbnm
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
I am telling you...look up Better than sex cake. It rules.

Blue Harvest
12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Make a giant cake and have Psy jump out of it.

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Anyone who doesn't like lemon cake is clearly something both witty and insulting something. :(

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Just don't have a cake made of ice cream. I tried that once while I was in the US, and I couldn't finish even 1/8th of it. Not to mention it put me off ice cream for quite a while.

edczxcvbnm
12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Found it

Cooks.com - Recipe - Better Than Sex Cake (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,176,154186-230205,00.html)

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Found it

Cooks.com - Recipe - Better Than Sex Cake (http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,176,154186-230205,00.html)

I dub it: "Heart attack in a box"

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Doesn't look too bad.

Miriel
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Just don't have a cake made of ice cream. I tried that once while I was in the US, and I couldn't finish even 1/8th of it. Not to mention it put me off ice cream for quite a while.

Ice cream cake is awesome!!

Oh and for my previous suggestion, have the ice cream be apple pie flavor and then you'll have pretty much everything you want on one plate!

Or, if you want a different suggestion, Pizookie or red velvet cake. Both are my favorites.

Momiji
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I am telling you...look up Better than sex cake. It rules.

Seconding this. It's excellent.

Miriel's cake suggestion sounds pretty good too.

Rantz
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
As a kid I had pancake cake for my birthday. Basically stacked pancakes with ice cream, whipped cream and jam in between, and strawberries on top.

D
E
L
I
C
I
O
U
S

qwertysaur
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I will link to this recipe every time a dessert thread pops up (http://www.recipezaar.com/Cake-from-Portal-264919)

Also making confetti cake is so easy. Just throw sprinkles into the cake batter XD

I made a chocolate meltdown cake brownie thing once.

Chocolate Cake
Brownies
Chocolate Frosting
A Bar of Chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream
Hot Fudge

First bake a chocolate cake and brownies, making them thinner then usual. When those are baked, take the Bar of Chocolate, smash it into pieces, and mix it into the frosting. Frost the cake, then put the Brownie right on top, then frost that as well if desired. Cut, microwave for 30 seconds, they add a generous scoop of ice cream. Top that with some hot fudge and you have an explosion of chocolate. :p

rubah
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM
ooh, ranztien makes me think of how much I love desert crepes. Thin pancakey crepes filled with strawberries and whipped cream. . .

SO MANY IDEAS

Miriel
12-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Chocolate Cake
Brownies
Chocolate Frosting
A Bar of Chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream
Hot Fudge

First bake a chocolate cake and brownies, making them thinner then usual. When those are baked, take the Bar of Chocolate, smash it into pieces, and mix it into the frosting. Frost the cake, then put the Brownie right on top, then frost that as well if desired. Cut, microwave for 30 seconds, they add a generous scoop of ice cream. Top that with some hot fudge and you have an explosion of chocolate. :p

That sounds amazing. O_O

Momiji
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM

Chocolate Cake
Brownies
Chocolate Frosting
A Bar of Chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream
Hot Fudge

Chocolate milk to go with it? :D

qwertysaur
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM

Chocolate Cake
Brownies
Chocolate Frosting
A Bar of Chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream
Hot Fudge

Yes! Or Hot Cocoa. :p

Momiji
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Chocolate Cake
Brownies
Chocolate Frosting
A Bar of Chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream
Hot Fudge

Yes! Or Hot Cocoa. :p

Hmmm... I'd have to go with the chocolate milk. Hot cocoa is well...hot. And if your cake is hot...

I think cool/cold milk would complement it nicely.

Rocket Edge
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Chocolate ice cream cake.