PDA

View Full Version : We wanna wii wii, we want you to pull over

.:kerrod:.
12-03-2008, 02:15 PM
the title of this thread is actually an oldish song by Australian singer John Williamson :p not one of my favourites, but it features the word 'we' quite a few times, and so fit my needs :)

anywho, that's not what this thead is about...i bought a wii not too long ago and only got one or two games at the time (it was during a very busy time during year 12 [my last year] and so i didn't really have time for games), so now that my schooling commitments are over (forever xD), i'd like to buy a few games.

i realise these threads pop up about once a week with people wondering what console to buy and what have you, but i'd like to know what great wii games i've missed out on and what your top recommendations are...currently i only own Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero 3 and, of course, Wii Sports (it came with the console :p). I've loved all of these games and would like to keep that trend going...so, any suggestions? :)

Momiji
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Trauma Center: New Blood.

ljkkjlcm9
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Tales of Symphonia 2 is fun if you've played the first one. Brand new, and budget price $40
There's also Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, No More Heroes($20)

THE JACKAL

Slothy
12-03-2008, 03:41 PM
There's also Mario Kart

Get Mario Kart 64 on the virtual console instead if you don't already own it. If they had the original Mario Kart I'd recommend that as well. Either is better than Mario Kart Wii which has to stand as one of the single worst games I've ever played. I honestly thought the Mario Kart series couldn't get any worse than Double Dash but Nintendo brought out the wort rubber band AI yet to prove me wrong.

Actually, I'd recommend just getting Virtual Console games, as well as Trauma Center and Tales of Symphonia 2 if it's even half as entertaining as the first (haven't played it, but the first one ended up being one of the few reasons I didn't regret buying a Gamecube). Trauma Center is an entertaining enough diversion, but aside from that you already own the only other games I can recommend with Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. There are a lot of classics on the Virtual Console that you should take the opportunity to play.

KentaRawr!
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I would personally recommend Metal Slug Anthology, as it contains my favoritest run n' guns ever. If not that, then you may enjoy The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as another of the big Nintendo titles.

12-04-2008, 01:07 AM
yeah, i've been thinking about Zelda, i was just thinking there's probably heaps more i've missed...and i have Metal Slug Anthology on PSP, so i wouldn't buy it on Wii, but it is an awesome game, i loved it

i plan on getting some VC and WiiWare games as soon as i can get my hands on some Wii Points :rolleyes2

and i would like to check out tales of symphonia, but for now i was thinking of a game that's less RPG-ish, because i've been on an RPG kick lately and think i should have a change :p

Momiji
12-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Also, delivering a message:

Okami, No More Heroes, and Boom Blox. Also get World of Goo and Mega Man 9 on WiiWare.

I've also heard lots of great things about Zack & Wiki.

Shoeberto
12-04-2008, 04:42 AM
No More Heroes and Zak and Wiki are so cheap anymore there's really no reason to not go out and pick them both up, especially since the total will be less than a brand new Nintendo game.

VorpalCyberWolf
12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
To be honest, it depends on which Gamecube games you have...

12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
not many :p i wasn't too fond of my gamecube, and yet i chose, again, to go with nintendo...i don't regret my decision; sure, a ps3 would be nice, but i like my wii, and want more games to increase my love for it :p

all i have for gamecube is: SSB: Melee, James Bond, Harry Potter and Ghost Recon...before you say anything, i know how terrible my games are and i know i don't have any of the 'classics' (save Melee) and i know that's why i didn't like the 'cube :p but i don't want a repeat of that with my Wii :)

KentaRawr!
12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
You should find The Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe Metroid Prime 1 and 2, but apparently, those are being re-released on the Wii, along with the two Pikmins and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Oh, and some other game. :p

VorpalCyberWolf
12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
not many :p i wasn't too fond of my gamecube, and yet i chose, again, to go with nintendo...i don't regret my decision; sure, a ps3 would be nice, but i like my wii, and want more games to increase my love for it :p

all i have for gamecube is: SSB: Melee, James Bond, Harry Potter and Ghost Recon...before you say anything, i know how terrible my games are and i know i don't have any of the 'classics' (save Melee) and i know that's why i didn't like the 'cube :p but i don't want a repeat of that with my Wii :)

Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario (Thousand Year Door) and Super Paper Mario, I enjoyed the Resident Evils on Cube/Wii. I agree with Super Mario Sunshine, Metroids and Windwaker. And if you get Twilight Princess, get the Cube version because it's the 'real' version as Link is Left-handed. Zelda Four-Swords is fun too.

KentaRawr!
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM
No, no. If you get Zelda: Twilight Princess, get the Wii Version, as it can be used to access the Homebrew Channel should you ever want it. :p

Dreddz
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Seeing as most of the worthwhile games have already been mentioned Ill give a nod to NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. A game so awesome that I don't even have to play it to tell you its awesome. Now that's awesome.

12-09-2008, 02:56 AM
i'm left handed! :D yay link! however, i've just purchased the Wii version from eBay :p it was before i saw your post, but i probably would have got the Wii one anyway

as for the rest of the gamecube games, i'm going to wait until they're re-released on Wii (i realize it's only a select few, but i'll get the Wii versions of the metroids, etc.)

i'm also considering the Paper Mario games, they look pretty rad :)

Levian
12-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Mega Man 9 on wiiware is awesome. <3

Wario Ware is a pretty cool game for sure.

If you're into Multiplayer then may I suggest Lego Indiana Jones and Mario Party 8, or Rayman Raving Rabbits. They're no fun to play alone though.

12-09-2008, 03:21 AM
i want to buy some wiiware games, i have the wii points and everything, but my STUPID SMURFING Nintendo USB thing (for wireless internet connection) won't work :mad2: so i'm going to have to buy a LAN adapter before i can buy any VC or WiiWare games :(

and while i do love the multiplayer aspect of games, i don't get many chances to play multiplayer with my friends, so i'll probably brush those games :p thanks anyway

Stormie BluJay
12-09-2008, 05:31 AM

Honestly, because carving pentagons into your patients chest is the funnest thing ever. Nah, Nintendo isn't satanic, no way. XP

Anyway, I actually don't own a Wii, but I want one really, really badly... REALLY, REALLY BADLY. I think the game I'm most interested in is Guitar Hero and Legend of Zelda. I'd love to get the Wii version of Resident Evil 4, I can't to kick plagas ass with my wiimote. :tongue:

12-09-2008, 05:56 AM
i LOVE Resident Evil 4 xD, but i already have the ps2 version, so i opted not to get the Wii edition, even though i've heard it's brilliant :(

Lionx
12-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Future games i am going to get if i get a Wii:

Klonoa(only reason i would buy a Wii for)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Zelda
Paper Mario
Mega Man 9
Brawl

....and a Wii Hori Joystick.

Momiji
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Honestly, because carving pentagons into your patients chest is the funnest thing ever. Nah, Nintendo isn't satanic, no way. XP

Hahaha, you aren't carving pentagrams into their chest. In the case of Under the Knife (DS) and Second Opinion, Dr. Stiles is just focusing on a mental shape, and chooses the shape of a star, which helps him focus. However, in New Blood, it seems like they added a bit of a mystic twist to it (as seen in the 'Sorcery of Salvation' operation), where Dr. Vaughn has a little chant to go with it. :p