12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Mark my words - I'm sure of it.

Crimson
12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Dont tell anyone but,

So will Darth Vader

Fynn
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, there'll be a whole miniquest with the judges with Gabranth as its main boss... You'd have to play through the whole quest with Vaan, whom you would have unlocked by beating the game. He would SUCK and the goal of the miniquest would be to be beaten BY Gabby! Then all the judges would be available to play with and, additionally, you would unlock Basch!
P.S. No offence - I really like Vaan. I just thought him sucking all the way would make it funny ;)

Vivisteiner
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, there'll be a whole miniquest with the judges with Gabranth as its main boss... You'd have to play through the whole quest with Vaan, whom you would have unlocked by beating the game. He would SUCK and the goal of the miniquest would be to be beaten BY Gabby! Then all the judges would be available to play with and, additionally, you would unlock Basch!
Dammit! How did you know?! :mad2:

Dont tell anyone but,

Spoiler: So will Darth Vader
OMG!!! You know that too! How annoying, that was gonna be MY big suprise!

But jokes aside, I'll tell you why Gabranth will be in it:

- In the last Famitsu interview it was confirmed that the last remaining unrevealed character would be from ffxii.

- In one of the Dissidia events a long time ago, there was a picture of Judge Gabranth up on the wall, so my sources inform me.

Fynn
12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Meh... I was hoping for Vayne and Vaan... Oh well - at least we'll have one character from the best FF ever. :)

Depression Moon
12-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Meh... I was hoping for Vayne and Vaan... Oh well - at least we'll have one character from the best FF ever. :)
:chuckle:

Fynn
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
:chuckle:

Hardy har har... That's just my opinion. What's yours?

Vivisteiner
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
^He's a IX fanatic, just like everyone should be.

But I did love FFXII more than him. Its my second equal favourite FF.

Fynn
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
XII is just underappreciated by half the fans and loved by the other half... Anyway, it's nice to hear they remembered about it for Dissidia...

hhr1dluv
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Gabranth is hawt.

Poor FFXII being underappreciated. Although I initially disliked it, I now like it quite a lot. It has my favorite ending in the series (:cough: of the ones I've played, of course). Though it's not one of my OMGLOFF FFs, it is by no means a crappy game.

Back on topic, if they have Gabranth, shouldn't they have a hero also? Or is he just a totally random extra like that black mage thing from FFXI?

scrumpleberry
12-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I thought they were going to keep all of the Ivalice games and XI and the other spinoffs out of it. Oh well this is cool too I guess.

Crimson
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM
XII is just underappreciated by half the fans and loved by the other half... Anyway, it's nice to hear they remembered about it for Dissidia...

I thought that FFXII was one of the most (if not THE most) developed game for the PS2, it had a book-nice story, visually beautiful (on IGN it was the ONLY PS2 game of their Top Ten games of 2007, the rest were PS3/360/Wii) and it felt more like an interactive movie than a game.

But in my honest opinion, I thought that the game's battle system seemed a bit dull and slow, and it really didnt have the best soundtrack, it just didnt capture the Epic-feel that past FF's have had. (If only Uematsu had done it, it would've been the perfect FF)

It's not one of my personal favourites, but it is a great game.

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2008, 01:01 AM
I'd love to see FFXII represented, but personally I'd prefer Balthier or Dr. Cid o:

Wolf Kanno
12-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I hope Gabranth shows up cause dammit if he isn't my favorite character in the game. Besides, his duel wielding blade would be fun to play with and if they gave him the Palings I will laugh at how broken he was. ;)

Fynn
12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
his alternate form should either be him without the helmet or in Basch's outfit, like in the Prologue of FFXII.

Depression Moon
12-04-2008, 06:50 PM
OH, you thought I hated XII, I don't I have over 160 hours of playtime on it, but just as being a Final Fantasy I don't think it stands up there with a lot of the others because the story dissapointed me. We still don't have date yet for Dissidia?

Vivisteiner
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
^Yeah, you had valid points as to why you found FFXII disappointing - mainly the pacing issues. And I knew you still enjoyed the game.

No US date yet.

I just found out what the music will be:

ffchaoticcosmos: I HAVE ULTIMANIA, AND I HAVE PICTURES!I (http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/20351.html)

Move along to see a new video as well.

DarkLadyNyara
12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope they don't have Gabranth in this. Vayne would be a much better choice.

Crimson
12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah I would have to say Vayne too, he wasnt the best villian but at least he'd have a decent EX Mode (Infused Nethicite)

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, The Undying was probably the coolest looking final boss imho.

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah but XII's defining feature was the Judges (just as some would argue the Tartaru are XIs) and Gabranth is the only character Amano did a sketch of. Besides, in terms of combat, Gabranth is a better choice as well as being more visually appealing. Though Dr. Cid would be amusing...

Vivisteiner
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Also, they're really struggling to cram the game onto a single UMD, so adding Vayne would be no help at all. Vayne has a unique fighting style compared to all the other characters, and trying to create the Undying into an epic form would take up huge amounts of space.

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
This is interesting... Apparently a website (http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/18447.html) discussing one of the new Dissidia books mentions there are 22 characters... Counting the XI chick we've only heard of 21... ;)

Vivisteiner
12-06-2008, 03:34 PM
^Yeah, its pretty much confirmed now that there is one more character left to be revealed and that s/he is from FFXII.

Crimson
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
If the character representing is Montblanc then this game will be full of Win.

Fynn
12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
If the character representing is Montblanc then this game will be full of Win.

Don't count in it... He didn't even get a voice-over for XII...

black orb
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
>>> I would like to see FF12 Cid..

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2008, 11:55 PM
My feeling is, it will either be Gabranth, Vaan, or Balthier. Vayne and Lady Ashe are big stretches but not impossible.

I don't really want Vaan cause their are much better characters. Though if he appeared in his FFTA2 form, I might not mind. As for Balthier, I love him but at this point, he's really starting to become a little over-exposed (same with Vaan) and heaven forbid I don't want him to become like Cloud. :rolleyes2

Gabranth is both a bold and practical choice in my opinion and since he will probably be aligned with the villains, it will help to give them another melee character since the XI chick gives the heroes another mage type character. :mog:

Unstoppable Pig
12-07-2008, 11:37 AM
No Vaan or Balthier. Both good characters but come on game is already full of pretty boys saving worlds, do we really need another one.

I think it will be one of the bad guys. Since Shantotto is on Cosmos side, so most likely Vayne, Gabranth or Cid. Ba´Gamnan is a good choice too, like I said game has already too many same looking characters ( mostly all young, beatiful people, at least good guys side) so this it would be nice to have something else too.

The Last Oath
12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Its that Old Dalan guy

James Leopold
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
It would be cool to see Gabranth, but he would look a lot like Garland. A bit too similar maybe?

I think it'd be better if someone more unique looking was FF12's representative, like Vayne.

champagne supernova
12-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Montblanc would be absolutely epic.

But I have a feeling it could be Fran. Except she won't have a bow - she'll do hand-to-hand combat.

qwertysaur
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping for Cid as well. :p

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah the more I think about it, the better it sounds! Cid has GUNS! So far Dissidia doesn't seem to have either guns or Cids D:

Vivisteiner
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
^Don't get your hopes up - it will be Gabranth.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
:shoot:

black orb
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
>>> My money is on Larsa, that would be awesome! awesooome!.

Vivisteiner
12-08-2008, 06:40 PM
^That would just be unfair...

Me: OMG, Larsa is about to die, MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Larsa: *X-Potion*

Me: Damn...Oh well..

(One hour later)

Me: OMG, Larsa is about to die, MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Larsa: *X-potion*

Me: <_<

Vivisteiner
12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
IGN: FFXII's Judge Set to Appear in Dissidia (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/938/938322p1.html)

Chuck me a pizza and call me Larry.

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Nice! Now the question is, will it actually be Gabranth or will it actually be Basch?

There's no mistake from the screenshot who the Judge is. This makes me so happy. Gabranth is my favorite antagonist from XII and the Judges are just so awesome!!!:love:

PeneloRatsbane
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Montblanc would be absolutely epic.

But I have a feeling it could be Fran. Except she won't have a bow - she'll do hand-to-hand combat.

that would have been sweet!! Fran's hand to hand combat is epic, the way she backflips with such ease, getting kicked with those shoes will cain

hhr1dluv
12-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I can't decide if that's Gabranth or Basch. I mean, at what point in the stories' timelines are we? Clearly during the game, as all of these villains are still alive. Or is this totally and completely AU. Anyway, the judge is with Cosmos. So either he's a hero (Basch), or coming to cause mischief. I'm leaning more towards Gabranth, as Chaos needs an eleventh member.

Vivisteiner
12-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I think it's Gabranth because I think the Japanese VAer for Gabranth is the one who speaks. But don't quote me on that. But also, there's the balance issue.

The characters appear to be like they were early on in the game - hence the 'young' look. That's why Kuja is so stylish and ruthless and Jecht so taunting etc.

But anyway, I'm a genius for predicting it right. :)

*inflates ego*

.:kerrod:.
12-16-2008, 02:39 AM
booo...too much like Garland

to be honest, i really don't care :p but i think he will be very similar to the FFI villain

to Vivisteiner: nice prediction *grabs a bicycle pump to assist with inflating ego* :tongue:

Crimson
12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
well whaddaya know, I knew it was quiite possible but I didnt think that they'd actually do it.

9.5/10 chance that its gabranth

Wolf Kanno
12-16-2008, 04:00 AM
booo...too much like Garland

to be honest, i really don't care :p but i think he will be very similar to the FFI villain

to Vivisteiner: nice prediction *grabs a bicycle pump to assist with inflating ego* :tongue:

"Too much like Garland"? Why? Cause he wears armor?

Garland has a rather unique weapon that transforms while Gabranth is seen in the trailer using his duel swords that combine into a swallow. Considering how much work has gone into making each character unique. I'll be surprised if any of them are exactly alike (Excluding Bartz and his Mime ability). I'm just wondering if he will get access to the XII paling abilities.

Crimson
12-16-2008, 04:17 AM
a huge number of FF villians and characters look quite similar

Garland, Exdeath, Golbez and Gabranth all look quite similar

doesnt make em any less awesome

.:kerrod:.
12-16-2008, 04:25 AM
yeah, that's true...i've never played XII to the end (only recently aquired it, i'm currently playing through), so i guess i jumped the gun a bit; i just didn't want him to be a clone, i hope all of the characters are fairly unique

black orb
12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
>>> What, no Larsa? and Cid what about him? :(

Wolf Kanno
12-19-2008, 06:11 PM
>>> What, no Larsa? and Cid what about him? :(

Cause they can't equal up to this level of awesome.

YouTube - Gabranth Ex Burst (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSHkZm5U8wQ)

Vivisteiner
12-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Cause they can't equal up to this level of awesome.
I beg to differ.

YouTube - Final Fantasy XII: "Musical Medley" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iEYJz2B0fo)

Watch the whole video.

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I love how in each character's ex burst they use the sound effects from their respective games n.n

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Cause they can't equal up to this level of awesome.I beg to differ.

YouTube - Final Fantasy XII: "Musical Medley" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iEYJz2B0fo)

Watch the whole video.

That is pretty awesome. I loled when Gabranth and Basch started singing El Derado :D

EDIT: Dammit Vivisteiner, that linked made me wander through XII musical hell for half an hour. Now this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHXFzF1-8l8&feature=related) is stuck in my head. As well as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7q9v4JjEo&feature=related) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa91DKvwnT0&feature=related) and this (YouTube - Anything a Pirate can do, a Princess does Better! (FFXII))
and FINALLY THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcAMQIn3xBY&feature=related)!!!

Vivisteiner
12-20-2008, 06:14 PM
^Those were awesome.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm not sure which is funnier about the last ones. The characters singing Disney songs or the fact they sung it in french. :D

qwertysaur
12-21-2008, 04:49 AM
The sad thing about the last video was I knew all the songs about 3 seconds into them. Fran makes a great Pocahontas though. :p

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2008, 05:11 AM
The sad thing about the last video was I knew all the songs about 3 seconds into them. Fran makes a great Pocahontas though. :p

Doesn't she? Actually, I felt most scenes were fitting except for Dr.Cid and the Lion King bit. Balthier as Gaston was hilarious. Course the video should have started with the Notre Dame part. The editing and synching was gorgeous. The song and images meshed well.