PDA

View Full Version : EoFF makes me happy.

IGN64skanker
12-04-2008, 02:23 AM
It's awesome that this place is still around, and that there are still good people having a good time here. This forum meant a whole lot to me for a long time and I haven't logged on in probably three years. Crazy.

Anyway... thanks to everyone who's ever been a part of EoFF. You're all pretty cool.

Also, so this isn't spam... does anyone from the EZBoard or the super early days of the not-EZBoard still hang around here? And if so, what have you been up to for the past four years?!?!

Tavrobel
12-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Looks like someone isn't going to get points for an oldbie revive.

Del Murder
12-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Hey skanker, post in <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/121302-eoff-reunion.html">this thread</a> and say that I told you to post there even though I didn't (although I just did).

I was never around for EZBoard and I don't know who was. Kishi and BoB most definitely, but not sure about anyone else.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2008, 02:27 AM
edit: Paul, right? Nvm, he joined later. :p But how about meat puppet? [/edit]

And Cid, I'm guessing. xD

Del Murder
12-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Also let's not forget Raistlin (try as we might) who was a member even before Cid was.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Really? Wow.

Oh, and theundeadhero prob was. And maybe Leeza. edit: And how about Bert or Jojee?

Raistlin
12-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Also let's not forget Raistlin (try as we might) who was a member even before Cid was.

Damn straight! :cool: (Actually I was about 15-20 members after Cid. No matter how many times I tried, I could not join before the EzBoard was actually made)

Dr Unne (God) is around occasionally. And Bleys. None of us are really active, though.

And neither Kishi nor BoB was around for the EzBoard. :p Kishi suddenly appeared soon after the move to UBB. BooB is even more of a newbie.

Oh, and I love how all of us always forget how long the twerp has actually been a member. Jojo was also an original mod of the EzBoard.

EDIT: you're way off with tuh, Leeza, and Bert. They are total newbies. Jojo, as mentioned above, is an oldtimer.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Lol, Jojee better not catch you calling her old. xD

qwertysaur
12-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Are ed and Shlup members from the EZboard as well?

Raistlin
12-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Or what? She'll glare at my shin? I can deal with that munchkin.

EDIT: in response to AK.

ed no. Shlup, I don't think so. IIRC, Sean told her about the EzBoard when they were both in school together, but she didn't actuallys how up until later.

IGN64skanker
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
So weird. People are probably all... old... and having jobs and stuff. That is just bananas.

I just realized I can't even remember who was around on the EZBoard and who came in later.

Also, hey, Raist-dog.

Shoeberto
12-04-2008, 05:07 AM
I started posting here in 2000 as Zell 007. I'm not sure if you'll remember me, though. But yeah... over 8 years for me, now. I started posting here in the sixth grade and now I'm a sophomore in college. It's really really weird to think about.

Shlup
12-04-2008, 05:10 AM
I joined August 18, 2000. Don't remember what kind of board that was. I lurked when it was "Cid's Highwind" though.

Hi skanker! You're right, we're old. :(

I got married and teach middle school now. Last time you were here I was pissing around in college.

Ouch!
12-04-2008, 05:13 AM
I've been around long enough to remember the last time you were here, but that's about it!

Shoeberto
12-04-2008, 05:17 AM
I joined August 18, 2000. Don't remember what kind of board that was. I lurked when it was "Cid's Highwind" though.

Hi skanker! You're right, we're old. :(

I got married and teach middle school now. Last time you were here I was pissing around in college.
Wow, you joined like a month before me. I thought you were around longer than that.

Shlup
12-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Nah. I'm a total noob.

IGN64skanker
12-04-2008, 05:41 AM
I totally remember Zell 007. I was a freshman in high school when I started posting on EoFF, now I'm stressing out like crazy everyday in law school. Pretty sweet.

XxSephirothxX
12-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Nah. I'm a total noob.

You just get bonus points for going to high school with the man himself.

And I haven't been around nearly long enough to actually have anything substantial to contribute to your reminiscing. :choc2:

IGN64skanker
12-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Do I get points for spending three days in a beach house with "the man himself?" And, no, it wasn't what you're thinking.

Montoya
12-04-2008, 07:36 AM
I remember you used to post here a lot, easily recognizable by the same avatar.

Welcome back.

Loony BoB
12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
And neither Kishi nor BoB was around for the EzBoard. :p Kishi suddenly appeared soon after the move to UBB. BooB is even more of a newbie.
Although I am more of a newbie, I actually registered a month before Kishi. He just posted way more than I did while I loitered around the FFV forum.

Also, I'm fairly certain Bert stakes a claim to being around during the ezBoard days as TrowaBarton IV, but I'm not 100% positive.

EDIT: Of the people who have posted within the last month, admittedly including those who were brought back in the 'EoFF Reunion' thread...

Registered before April 2001...
black orb
Citizen Bleys
Denmark (used many other names prior to this: Astos, Fiend, Roostos, Sarbles, Sadia, etc)
DK (Majin_Squall)
edczxcvbnm
enano
erikramza
God (Dr Unne)
Hsu (Zell 007)
IGN64skanker
Jojee (Jojo)
Kawaii Ryűkishi
Loony BoB
Mindflare
Mr Rocko
Nait (Naitsirk)
Nino Brown
Not At All Reno (Reno Leonhart)
Pureghetto (pureghetto :p)
Raistlin
RSL
ShlupQuack

Before the end of 2001: Award Girl (Award Guy), *ETERNAL FANTASY*, Aexoden, Amazing Telephone, Bahamut2000X, Bert (TrowaBarton IV), crono_logical, Cz (Black Mage 121), darkchrono, Del Murder, Election Booth, Kirobaito (King Bahamut), Leeza, Pure Strife, Samuraid, syun_ukiya, Shorty, Silent Warrior, theundeadhero. Although admittedly even I don't recognise some of them.

Raistlin
12-04-2008, 01:25 PM

I think that was the UBB.

I just realized I can't even remember who was around on the EZBoard and who came in later.

Senility will do that to you, ya old geezer.

Also, hey, Raist-dog.

'sup, skanker-...dog.

Also, I'm fairly certain Bert stakes a claim to being around during the ezBoard days as TrowaBarton IV, but I'm not 100% positive.

I don't remember him from that time.

black orb
Citizen Bleys
Denmark (used many other names prior to this: Astos, Fiend, Roostos, Sarbles, Sadia, etc)
DK (Majin_Squall)
edczxcvbnm
enano
erikramza
God (Dr Unne)
Hsu (Zell 007)
IGN64skanker
Jojee (Jojo)
Kawaii Ryűkishi
Loony BoB
Mindflare
Mr Rocko
Nait (Naitsirk)
Nino Brown
Not At All Reno (Reno Leonhart)
Pureghetto (pureghetto )
Raistlin
RSL
ShlupQuack

Fixed.

Loony BoB
12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I didn't say they were oldbies, I was merely giving a list of people that had registered a long time ago.

As for you, you're not "old" at EoFF. You're "senile".

VorpalCyberWolf
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I actually had an account in 1999 "Goldchocobo33" which eventually got deleted for inactivity. So, technically I was there, but certainly can't say I was present much. Not that things change much.

I actually think I lied about my age because I wasn't quite 13 yet. Ha, thinking of that is funny.

I Don't Need A Name
12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
i...didnt even know this place existed back then

erikramza
12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
shut up, skanker.

I do nothing but train, and kill things now.

I may as well not have been there for the ez board, because my memory is so crap. I was the laziest moderator of all time.

Raistlin
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I remember, you useless FFT forum co-mod. :mad2:

IGN64skanker
12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Killing things is pretty awesome. Are you in the military? Or are we talking Halo/Call of Duty training?

erikramza
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
That's the spirit, raist!

lololol (http://www.moviewavs.com/0038475992/MP3S/Movies/Stripes/training.mp3)

Cid
12-05-2008, 03:59 AM
The Highwind was the name of the Ezboard originally. After about six months, it became EoFF. Then we got UBB.

IGN64skanker
12-05-2008, 04:06 AM
The Highwind. Sean's Highwind.

Let's party sometime, man. We're both old and mature now. We can go to "bars" or something.

escobert
12-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I'm not exactly positive when I joined. I believe it was late 1999 as I was in 8th grade when I joined. When we switched form the EZboard to the UBB you had to re-register right? I was "grounded" from the internet at that time so I wasn't able to re-register until a later date.

Dr Unne
12-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah we're all grown up. I moved to Oregon. I do research on babies for a living.

Just how old are you now skanker? What're you up to? Thanks for coming to my message board. I'm over there more often than here.

IGN64skanker
12-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Yeah we're all grown up. I moved to Oregon. I do research on babies for a living.

Just how old are you now skanker? What're you up to? Thanks for coming to my message board. I'm over there more often than here.

Research on babies? That sounds awesome. How old are you? I remember you were still in college last time we talked about a hundred years ago. And whereabouts in Oregon are you? I have a few friends who moved there after college. People with real jobs... weird.

As for me, I'm 23, I live in Pasadena, and I'm in my first year of law school right now. It's pretty exciting/the most stressful and intense thing ever, so it's a good mix.

Jojee
12-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Well okay, now EoFF makes me sad. ;_;

I was XXXSephirothXXX in the EZboard. I was 12...! Now I'll be 22 in a few months. Ohmygod. What happened to our childhoods!?

*kicks Wesly in the shins*

Edit: Heyyy I'm in my first year of law school too :3 Isn't it terrible?
Edit2: OHMYGOD aren't you supposed to be studying for finals right now? I still haven't finished my outlines yet! *runs around like a headless chicken and then goes back to torts outlining* ;___;

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2008, 07:36 AM
What up yo. I am still around and rockin' it but I am no longer the terror I was...they cracked down hard on everything since that long ago and you just can't get away with anything any more...that I and I am old and have marginally better things to do.

IGN64skanker
12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Well okay, now EoFF makes me sad. ;_;

Edit: Heyyy I'm in my first year of law school too :3 Isn't it terrible?
Edit2: OHMYGOD aren't you supposed to be studying for finals right now? I still haven't finished my outlines yet! *runs around like a headless chicken and then goes back to torts outlining* ;___;

It's pretty terrible. Kind of funny, but I hadn't been on EoFF in years, and I was so not into doing my contracts outline that I put it off by checking up on things here. I've got all of my outlines done except for that one, and I just took a practice exam for crim, so hopefully I'll be alright.

Where are you at school? I'm at Loyola in Los Angeles. So far it's pretty good except for the tons of work.

Jojee
12-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm at the University of Illinois. I love it here, except for the work part!

My civ pro outline is 60 pages, single spaced, 11pt font... and all my classmates somehow have 80 page outlines! What am I doing wrong omg. xD Dear God, please do not let me fail law school please I'll never use your name in vain again jesus christ! I'm not crazy.

I just want so badly to be in the top third of the class, and that + my chronic slacking off throughout the semester while everyone in my class is studying 6+ hours a day is not meshing well right now. @_@ ...So I remedy it by slacking off more~

And this is why I will not date a fellow law student xD;

P.P.S. for everyone who thinks I'm totally neurotic, I am, but our finals = the only grade we receive in the class and everything is curved and class rank is so important. :mog: Yay!

IGN64skanker
12-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Haha. I totally sympathize with you. Some of my outlines are like fifteen pages, and other peoples are fifty. So, imagine how I feel. I get to take civ pro next semester. I am crazy excited.

You can't let all those crazy people stress you out. If you're studying as much as you think you need to, you should be fine. You've gotta think that those people are studying so much cause they don't get it. And you don't need to study because you do. That's what I've been trying to convince myself of, anyway. Who knows.

Also... the curve is terrible.

erikramza
12-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Rofl. If you're talking Pasadena, CA. There is literally ONE city between us.

It's a five minute drive on the 210.... IF you're talking Cali.

IGN64skanker
12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I am talking Pasadena, CA. Where are you nowadays?

edit: Rancho Cucamonga isn't that close is what I mean... Monrovia? Rosemead? San Gabriel? Or the other way... I don't know what's the other way.

erikramza
12-05-2008, 08:35 AM
rofl. i'm in rancho. five minutes was exaggerated. i can get there in 15 minutes easy though. i drive like a douchbag.

edit: wow. I didn't know God was Unne. Sup, buuudy?

Psychotic
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
If Erik Ramza used to be a moderator, shouldn't he be in the Former Staff user group?

rubah
12-05-2008, 03:15 PM
i...didnt even know this place existed back then

it's cool, I didn't know final fantasy existed.

Raistlin
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
When we switched form the EZboard to the UBB you had to re-register right? I was "grounded" from the internet at that time so I wasn't able to re-register until a later date.

You had to reregister every-other month back then (slight exaggeration). The switch to UBB, UBB crashes, the switch to vB, vB crashes... it seems like every time I had one of my absences, when I came back I had to reregister.

Congratulations, you're onto a new class finally. :p

Jojee
12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
No, I'm still not done with civ pro either. xD Close, though. Will finish that today.

I remember registering like 8 times x_x And I sporadically visited after the EZboard so I think my current account was registered sometime in 2001. But then Britt changed my registration to like 1990 haha n_n

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Sup, guys?

Kossage
12-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey. Good to see you around. :)

It's funny how you guys show up when you have been mentioned at the tGA thread as past tGA members. :D

Yamaneko
12-06-2008, 03:19 AM
I am talking Pasadena, CA.
Do you live closer to PCC or Old Town?

IGN64skanker
12-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Closer to Old Town.

Yamaneko
12-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Cool. That's a nice area. I really like it around the Rose Bowl area too. Totally out of my league, but some nice development in that part.