PDA

View Full Version : YOU GOT ME A CHIA PET! <3

Yar
12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
What are some of the worst gifts that you've received (doesn't have to be just for Christmas)? Did you have to feign excitement in your gift?

At my graduation party, people brought me lots of gifts. Excuse me, lots of crappy gifts. Honestly, all I wanted was money. :shifty:

But I got some really bad gifts like a golf watch and a picture of Albert Einstein. Gee, thanks. :eep:

Prisonic Fairytale
12-05-2008, 12:13 AM
One word.

Socks.

-_-

rubah
12-05-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm getting my friend a chia herb garden! I think she'll like it though.

my aunt has dumped some pretty tacky sweaters on me, but she's come through with some good stuff too, so it's alright in the end.

Rantz
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I got a fire alarm and a reflective armstrap for my birthday. :greenie: It's cute that they're concerned with my safety though.

Bunny
12-05-2008, 01:55 AM
I've received anal beads from family members before.

And you thought your opinion of me was terrible.

Momiji
12-05-2008, 01:58 AM
My mother's side of the family has a method of not ever letting this happen: we each make our Christmas lists, then shows our lists to the rest of the family, who picks something off said list and buys it. There's never any disappointment. If there's any money left over (we have a moderately large family on that side, so we divide money spent on each other equally), they buy something random to add to the item picked off of the list. :D

Rantz
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
My mother's side of the family has a method of not ever letting this happen: we each make our Christmas lists, then shows our lists to the rest of the family, who picks something off said list and buys it. There's never any disappointment. :D

But there's not much surprise factor, either! That's half the fun!

MadeOfApples
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
A brick.

Not a special brick or anything like that. Just a normal red brick that had $10 taped to it.

My parents really phoned it in that year.

Momiji
12-05-2008, 02:00 AM
My mother's side of the family has a method of not ever letting this happen: we each make our Christmas lists, then shows our lists to the rest of the family, who picks something off said list and buys it. There's never any disappointment. :D

But there's not much surprise factor, either! That's half the fun!

You're talking to someone who's had a personal annual tradition of present snooping when no one's home. Half of the fun for me is already knowing.

I think my mom knows I look for my presents though, because she hides them in a different place every year, and sometimes has them in scattered places. It took me a while to find this year's stash, but I managed. :D

erikramza
12-05-2008, 08:26 AM
A brick.

Not a special brick or anything like that. Just a normal red brick that had $10 taped to it.

My parents really phoned it in that year.

My parents bought me a brick made of recycled rubber fragments! It bounced ridiculously. I loved it.
That brick was $5.

Blue Harvest
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I decide what I want every year so I always know exactly what I'm getting. This year is no exception.

blackmage_nuke
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I cant really recall any right now but i hate gifts that cost alot but are useless, seriously once I got excited over a pencil.

demondude
12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Boxers with the British flag pattern on them. :/

I never actually wore them, they were that bad.

Vermachtnis
12-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Every year at least two people get me a cologne/after shave set. Do I smell bad or something? If I do they should take it as a hint that I don't use it! And I tell them every year, don't worry about I just want a cheap card with money or something. I might sound spoiled to you all, but I am starting to run out of room for all that smelly stuff.

Ouch!
12-05-2008, 09:15 PM
My Aunt gives me the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.giftiest gifts ever. For four or five years she gave me a poorly made nutcracker for Christmas and my birthday. Then one year she got me a framed picture of a car with a limited edition stamp she picked up at the post office!

Last Christmas, I insisted that I wanted money. She got me $20 of collectible coins which were unspendable.

Frequency NecroKat
12-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Boxers with the British flag pattern on them. :/

I never actually wore them, they were that bad.
My sister would probably kill you for those Union Jack boxers.

I don't think my gifts have ever been bad, at least not from my immediate family. Even their random gifts are cool. I think the worst one was a family gift from my Grandpa. He got us a year-subscription to Fox Fire...

as much as we all love the outdoors, I don't think we'd need information on how to skin a squirrel, dress a pig, or build a log cabin... not several bloody issues of it either... :X

Shorty
12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I can't remember any bad gifts in particular, other than when I was thirteen, my aunt gave me a Barbie set and I remember thinking that I was about six years too old for it.

Exdeath
12-06-2008, 12:38 AM
A large box, containing a smaller box, repeat that pattern several times and put a dollar in the smallest box. A bad gift, and a poor attempt at comedy.

Frequency NecroKat
12-06-2008, 01:05 AM
A large box, containing a smaller box, repeat that pattern several times and put a dollar in the smallest box. A bad gift, and a poor attempt at comedy.

:X

That's pretty bad. Effort should count towards money awarded. Maybe they spent the rest of the sum on the boxes the dollar came in.