PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia SPOILERS: Story Mode Summaries

The Crystal
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
The Dissidia Ultimania Alpha is already out, and it shows summaries of the story of the 10 Warriors of Cosmos.

THE TEXT BELOW HAVE SPOILERS.

DO YOU HEAR ME?! SPOILERS!!!

Warrior: Under the guidance of Cosmos, Warrior comes to learn of the state of the world caught in the whirl of chaos. He sets out alone to find the one thing that can save the world - The Crystals. But along the way, the troops of Chaos attempt to knock him from the noble path. If the "truth" they preach is correct, then how can the Warrior continue to believe in the "Light?"

Firion: He begins his journey in the company of Cecil, Cloud, and Tidus. At first, he believes that "To find the Crystals will solve everything," but as he walks many paths, and meets new friends, his views gradually begin to change. He cannot believe in any dream but his own - and he sees the lessons of "The Wild Rose" as the key to the truth.

Onion: The Onion Knight is a young man who is wise beyond his few years. He is confident in the merits he has gained along the way, but hides the fact that he still harbors some of the fears of youth, and holds the aniexty behind his actions close to his chest. As they search for the Crystals, Onion comes to draw strength from his traveling companion, Terra. However, just as he is truly taking pride in himself, it might not be enough for them...

Cecil: While he is traveling together with Firion and Tidus, Cecil has his misgivings about if obtaining the Crystals is truly the answer. Then right before him, appears his brother Golbez, aligned with the troops of Chaos. Sometimes, his words appear to be advice for his younger brother, but is it only a trap to confuse Cecil? ...Thus Cecil finds himself torn between his mission as one serving Cosmos and the emotions he carries for his brother.

Bartz: Wishing to transform this crisis into a bit of fun, he and his fellow warrior Zidane propose to have a contest to see who will find the Crystals first. However, he is caught in their enemies' trap, and is flown off to the home base of the troops of Chaos. But he does not lose heart, and in escaping Bartz is triumphant in finding the Crystals. But on the path ahead, a greater trap may be waiting him.

Terra: Possessing a gentle, calm heart, Terra also weilds a great magical power in contrast to this kind nature, a power she cannot properly control. As she begins her journey to locate the Crystals, her cheerful companion Onion acts as a foil to her, but along the way a mysterious memory of hers suddenly vanishes. Soon, she will have to confront the truth hidden within this missing time to win it back...

Cloud: While he finds Firion, Cecil, and Tidus to be reliable enough as comrades, Cloud finds himself becoming depressed. Why is he fighting? How long will he continue fighting? But he finds himself still strugglng to find and understand those answers. Then, Cloud finds a clue amid a discussion with his comrades. However, a "shadow" form his past seeks to block his progress.

Squall: Always the highest of achievers, he finds companions to be unnecessary. With this in mind, Squall seperates himself from the other warriors of Cosmos, and plans to find the Crystals on his own. Those traveling with Bartz find him, and express their concern over Squall, and he promises to meet up with them again. Even though this concern over his well-being leaves Squall feeling awkward. However, his heart is unconciously softening....

Zidane: "A competition to see who will find the Crystals first..." That is what Zidane offered his traveling companion Bartz. However, Bartz is caught in a trap laid out for Zidane, and falls into the hands of the troops of Chaos. Considering this to be his fault, Zidane is driven to right it by his feelings of worry. Zidane searches far and wide to help him, but is he only driven to protect his friend due to this sense of dread?

Tidus: Though he is seeking the Crystals, Tidus sets his sights on another target. The "detested old man" who treated him like brat with that swagger - he wants to take on Jecht. With his eyes set so firmly upon this goal, his traveling companions worry where this path is leading him with each and every step forward. But, Tidus' true feelings about his father, almost unnoticed by himself, are still sleeping the depths of his heart.

Source: ffchaoticcosmos: Ultimania Alpha - Story Mode Summaries (http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/22342.html#cutid1)

END OF SPOILERS

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I remember reading these the other day. Most of them are amusing but Cloud's kinda made me laugh since it sounded so emo...:D

I look forward to Firion, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Squall and Zidane's plots as well as the Warrior of Light. I'm more curious to know what the villains stories are going to be like.

arcanedude34
12-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Bartz/Zidane's is just... win. "What a drag, saving the world AGAIN." "Hey! Let's make it a competition!"

Crimson
12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Hmm, If thats the story of each character, I wonder what the prologue is that explains how they came together.

The Crystal
12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm more curious to know what the villains stories are going to be like.

From the same person who translated the summaries:

Story Mode - "The Chaos side won't have a story mode, but as you play through the Cosmos side, the Chaos side's story will be shown."

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Hmm, If thats the story of each character, I wonder what the prologue is that explains how they came together.

That always seemed obvious to me. My theory is that the balance between Order and Chaos has shifted and each one summoned their greatest champions to battle it out for the Crystals, which hold the power to fix the balance. A slight variation of the theory but totally plausible, is that Chaos already gathered the Crystals and summoned his warriors to protect them so Cosmos summoned champions of Light to battle and regain the Crystals.

Overall, I don't think the main plot is going to be deep or thoughtful, just typical Fighting game plot with an FF spin on it. ;)

Also, I think its lame the villains don't get their own story.

hhr1dluv
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM
How can you play as the villains if they don't get their own story?

Vivisteiner
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Must...avoid...temptation...cannot...read...

*holds out*

But for how long?

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
How can you play as the villains if they don't get their own story?

You will probably just unlock them for Arcade and Versus mode they won't have a Story mode I assume.

EDIT: To Vivisteiner: To be honest, the story modes listed are not all that spoilerific. Most characters seem to be dealing with their issues they dealt with in their main games except for Warrior of Light, Bartz, and Zidane. Even, then, they are just prologue summaries you will probably read in the manual or character select screen anyway. ;)

Vivisteiner
12-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Apparently once you complete the hero mode for each character you'll unlock a special 'villain mode' which makes using the villains much more fun.

Ok, so I read the story mode summaries. Although as WK said, they're more introductions. They seem pretty interesting, and the whole Zidane thing fits bang into his personality (having a competition, then trying to save someone).

hhr1dluv
12-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm excited! Who do you guys think you'll want to play as first? I might feel tempted to go in order, but...gah, I don't know!

Maybe I'll pick names out of hat. Or, I'll have to see which character is the easiest to start off with.

scrumpleberry
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Terra, of course :heart:

Crimson
12-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Ugh, thats hard to decide, I might go traditional and start with Warrior Of Light.

arcanedude34
12-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Um um um um.

I'm thinking my favorite characters to least favorite... or vice-versa... I dunno...

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I might go in order but I will probably break down and move from character to character. Cecil and Bartz will probably be my first choices among the heroes since they seem to promise to be more challenging to play as.

Garland and Kefka for the villains.

hhr1dluv
12-06-2008, 06:22 AM
^If you specifically enjoy challenge, wouldn't you want to play as the easy characters first? Otherwise, you only have boring easy stuff to look forward to. :)

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2008, 06:32 AM
^If you specifically enjoy challenge, wouldn't you want to play as the easy characters first? Otherwise, you only have boring easy stuff to look forward to. :)

Well, if they make the game right as a fighting game, technically everyone should be rewarding and fun.

I think the most basic characters will be Warrior of Light, Firion, Cloud, and Squall. By that, I mean they will most likely to be well rounded in all areas (though I'm starting to rethink Cloud. He might actually be the Heroes "Heavy" character). The others will have differences that will make using them effectively difficult like Cecil who is a powerful Ground-base fighter in Dark Knight form and gains Aerial strength as Paladin.

Somehow, I see Onion Knight and Zidane being really broken. Easy to pick up and play and just have unfair advantages in terms of speed and power.

Jessweeee♪
12-06-2008, 06:56 AM
WOOO!

hhr1dluv
12-06-2008, 06:56 AM
^ Yeah, I see what you mean about no characters being easy if the game's well made.

I agree about Zidane and Onion Knight. I have a feeling that they'll be the Pikachu of Dissidia. Maybe Tidus is the Captain Falcon, Cecil is the Zelda, Squall is the Link, Bartz is Pit, and erm...I can't really remember much more about Smash for comparisons. Oh yeah! Garland seems like a total Ganondorf! Or Bowser. :tongue: