PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry. I can't do this.

Montoya
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Have you ever gotten into an argument or disagreement with a teacher/professor that just left you angered?

I just did.
I was studying all morning in class to take a math test, and then did some late homework for that chapter in class. After I was done with the work I stupidly left my book open, and after an hour and a half later, almost done with the test, the teacher comes up to me and says she can't believe what I'm doing. I'm like, "WTF?" and I get accused of cheating even though she herself said she never saw me look at the page. (I wasn't cheating just for the record.) I explained to her that if I wanted to do it I could get a bit more creative than looking at the book in plain sight. It was just my bad luck that the problem I was working on was explained in the open page. It'd almost be funny if I wasn't so angry.

After the argument was over she "kindly" let me take it again from the beggining (two whole hours!). But I was so pissed off I couldn't even concentrate and just left. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif, if I was actually cheating and got caught I'd accept it.

So there you go, I've never necessarily enjoyed math and this stupid event didn't help. I spent four hours of my life for nothing. :mad2:

Yar
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Even though I've had teachers that I disliked, I never had any arguments with them. For the most part, my teachers were competent human beings.

All my arguments were with substitute teachers and principals/vice principals.

I remember our vice-principal calling me lazy my senior year. I responded by calling him an asshole. I thought for sure he was going to do something about it, but he never did.

Depression Moon
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah I did. I tried to turn in an extra credit paper to my English teacher, I didn't tell her I was doing one so I thought she would appreciaste me going the extra mile, but she didn't except it and made excuses about some errors in my paper. I re-edited it several times and she still wouldn't ever accept it, that got me into an argument with her along with another girl in my class. I think this happened earlier this year.

Zeldy
12-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I never argued, but my form tutor was screaming at me the other day saying I'm too loud and she can always hear me talking, even around college she can hear me (apparently, though that must be hard!) and she wishes I had an off switch so she could turn me off sometime.

I just laughed in her face, I couldn't help it!

rubah
12-05-2008, 10:35 PM
On my second day of American govt, I took a bunch of snarky notes and then we were having a quiz and forgot to close my notebook. But my instructor never noticed.

I'll have to think about about the other topic, I just wanted to share that story.

Vivisteiner
12-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I argue with my teachers all the time. And then they get pissed and give me a terrible report. Then my parents scream at me and say how I'm going to fail my exams. Then I own my exams and they're happy again.

The natural cycle of events.

EDIT: Lol, reminds me of one time I cheated in a Latin test. The teacher left the room, so I ran out, got my bag and brought my textbook back and started using it. He then came back in, and in shock I chucked the book under the desk behind me. I got away with it.

Gwawr
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm going to sound really lame here....

I got on with all of my teachers really well. I was hard-working at school, and came out with straight A*s so even if they did want to argue with me, they wouldn't really have had a leg to stand on.

And besides, I played in all of the Christmas concerts and festivals. I think they quite liked me. :)

blackmage_nuke
12-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Have you ever gotten into an argument or disagreement with a teacher/professor

Yes, quite abit

that just left you angered?
No, I dont let it get to me.

It's usually with the teachers that dont want to admit theyre wrong and have no sense of humour.

Christmas
12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
We usually settle it with a lightsaber duel to the death. :bigsmile: