PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia music revelations!

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2008, 07:24 AM
The link below shows list of the tracks played in the Heroes Story mode (from videos it looks to be played during the giant chess board part of the game.)

ffchaoticcosmos: I HAVE ULTIMANIA, AND I HAVE PICTURES!I (http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/20351.html)

Most of them appear to be the World map themes except for FFX. Personally I was hoping for some more personal tracks. I can't say I'm fond of Blue Fields and Four Brave Heroes but since they will probably be mixes, it should be interesting to hear no less. :)

Thoughts? Wishes?

(P.S. Thanks to Vivisteiner for finding this link :cool:)

tebian
12-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Nice, first time I have seen the list for sure. It is to bad they didn't make some solid tracks to make this game stand out on its own. Seems strange cause there was a real chance to make some totally new tracks. But all those entries are great on there own, I wonder what this version sound like.

Vivisteiner
12-08-2008, 08:03 PM
^There are new tracks. That's not the whole soundtrack. I wonder how many new tracks there will be though...

tebian
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
oh cool I was wondering.

Wolf Kanno
12-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Yeah, these tracks only play during the chessboard parts of gameplay. I am curious to see if we might get a few remixes of the Final boss themes or specialty tracks. I would die a fangasmic death if "Battle on the Bridge" played every time Bartz went into EX mode. :D

EDIT: Its funny I should mention this track and then proceed into the Dissidia site only to find a video showing off the cinematic battle capture program. Its another video featuring Cloud fighting Sephiroth but it has an arrangement of "One Winged Angel" playing in the background.

Wolf Kanno
12-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Sorry to double post but I felt this was important and I didn't want to start a new thread while this one existed.

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Original Soundtrack (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dissidia/)

This is a link showing off the Dissidia soundtrack, it includes samples and a mixer. :cool:

You can thank me later now hurry up and check out this link!

tebian
12-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Cool and thanks, the music is great. Hate to say this though I order a lot of Square music and I can tell you listen to the stuff there but do not order from them direct... They are so slow its unreal.

Thanks again, I love just that box itself.

Vivisteiner
12-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Ok, I've had a good listen to the soundtrack, so if you wanna ask me any questions go ahead.

Its pretty good but I am a little disappointed in some respects with regards to choice. e.g. FFIX does have Dark Messenger, but not as a main battle tune and not as a remixed version. So I guess my main worry is that they will be playing Battle 2 music when you fight Kuja instead of Dark Messenger - which is pretty lame.

Roogle
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
The release date for Dissidia: Final Fantasy Original Soundtrack is December 24, 2008. I will keep this noted to remind myself to pick it up as a Christmas present or something like that.

Wolf Kanno
12-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'm disappointed that "Dancing Mad" and "Dark Messenger" are not in there either. It seems only the big boss music from VII and X made it. Though "Man with the Gun" and "Battle on the Bridge" made up for it.

Any idea on the vocal tracks though? They seem rather out of place to me... A few times I felt like I was either listening to Creed or the soundtrack of some 4Kids anime show that was terribly butchered.

Though the original tracks were a very pleasant surprise and some of the remixes are gorgeous. I can't believe that's the World map theme from V :Eek:

hhr1dluv
12-18-2008, 08:44 PM
^Dancing Mad's in there. Or at least, it is in my weird version of the soundtrack. :confused:

Wolf Kanno
12-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Part of it is, the fourth piece but its the original 16-bit version as well (Kefka laugh included). I was hoping for a remix of the whole thing for Kefka's battle theme.

I'm also sad to say, I'm disappointed with the arranged version of "One Winged Angel" I've been listening to the AC version for so long that it just doesn't sound the same without the electric guitar.

Overall its a good soundtrack. Though a few of the original pieces remind me of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work (FFT,FFTA, XII, BoFIV)

hhr1dluv
12-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Overall its a good soundtrack. Though a few of the original pieces remind me of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work (FFT,FFTA, XII, BoFIV)

Yeah, I know what you mean. For a while I thought that the original pieces were actually from FFXII.

Wolf Kanno
12-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Overall its a good soundtrack. Though a few of the original pieces remind me of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work (FFT,FFTA, XII, BoFIV) Yeah, I know what you mean. For a while I thought that the original pieces were actually from FFXII.

Same here! I kept thinking, "Wow! They put Struggle for Freedom in here?!" But then I realized it was the song that usually plays in the Dissidia trailer.