PDA

View Full Version : Doom Train

sir helix
12-06-2008, 02:49 PM
can some one walk me through on how to get Doom train i have the ring but after that im lost

Comet
12-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Get 6 steel pipes by mugging from Wendigo (that primeape thing with no head). Get 6 malboro tentacles by mugging from Malboro, or just beating it. Get 6 Remedy + by refining 10 remedies into 1 Remedy + through Alexanders ability Med Level Up...basically just buy 60 remedies from a shop and refine them into 6 remedy +.

Then just click solomons ring in the item menu ;)

MJN SEIFER
12-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Are some of the magazines involved in getting the GF (I have only ever got it using X-Plode).

Cyric
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Get 6 steel pipes by mugging from Wendigo (that primeape thing with no head). Get 6 malboro tentacles by mugging from Malboro, or just beating it. Get 6 Remedy + by refining 10 remedies into 1 Remedy + through Alexanders ability Med Level Up...basically just buy 60 remedies from a shop and refine them into 6 remedy +.

Don't listen to him. That's the HARD way, and will probably get you killed a-plenty when trying to "Mug" the Malboros.

The easy way is as follows:

6 Steel Pipes = Win 6 Elastoid Cards and Card Mod them.
6 Malboro Tentacles = Win 24 Malboro Cards and Card Mod them.
6 Remedy+ = Buy 60 Remedies (60,000gil worth) and refine them into Remedy+ with Med LV Up from GF-Alexander. /== Comet had that one right ;)

Comet
12-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Don't listen to him. That's the HARD way, and will probably get you killed a-plenty when trying to "Mug" the Malboros.

The easy way is as follows:

6 Steel Pipes = Win 6 Elastoid Cards and Card Mod them.
6 Malboro Tentacles = Win 24 Malboro Cards and Card Mod them.
6 Remedy+ = Buy 60 Remedies (60,000gil worth) and refine them into Remedy+ with Med LV Up from GF-Alexander. /== Comet had that one right ;)

That will take...unbelievably long. 24 malboro cards? That is really silly. I'd rather just pray for zantetsuken when malboro comes up.

Rantz
12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I also think it's easier (at least quicker) to just mug the Malboros, unless you're not properly junctioned. I guess it's a matter of taste, though.

Cyric
12-09-2008, 04:06 AM
That will take...unbelievably long. 24 malboro cards? That is really silly. I'd rather just pray for zantetsuken when malboro comes up.

24 Malboro cards don't take long at all. Especially when compared to trying to out-survive a Malboro combined with the amount of time it takes to actually encounter one. Plus, you have a good 2.5 discs to be collecting the Malboro Cards as well so, in a sense, it is quicker. Trepie #1 has been an excellent source of Malboro cards anytime I've played him.

sir helix
12-14-2008, 05:33 AM
yeah i just found the malboros....
thx to another thread. holy crap
those things are hard to kill.

champagne supernova
12-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Marlboros are not particularly tough opponents if you are prepared for them. The best defence is to status-junction Esunas, then bad breath cannot effect you. And the easiest way to collect Esunas is to equip Diablos No-Encounter Ability (I think Tonberry may also have this ability) and run around the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell repeatedly pushing X.

Iceglow
12-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Ensuna spells arent a bad idea however, theres a far easier ways of obtaining them possible on disc 1.

1) Draw from Biggs and Wedge atop the Dollet Tower, so long as you do nothing to injure them they will hang around indefinitely. This can also be used to acquire any other spells they have so if Selphie is on "shared magic" from the others you can top off the parties magic spells here sometimes this is very useful especially when you consider whatever magic Selphie has junctioned will immediately improve when you top it up. The only warning I give is they and most other bosses have a particulary high resistance to being drawn from so a high Mag stat is a must. Therefore it is wise to acquire just 100 of each spell or just over 100 of each spell from them between the 3 characters should you have any issues drawing from them, The ones with the highest mag stat will draw better and the lowest mag stat will fail regulary. My tactic was to use Zell who had Ifrit junctioned and thus the lowest magic stat to draw - cast cure spells whilst Selphie and Squall who had the best magic I had junctioned to mag stat drew the spells. The fight doesn't hurt as much as some of the other options and if you're doing a no-level challenge you have no other option than to have this fight.

2) Find a Vysage on Shenand Hill in Timber, these monsters are quite tricky especially if you have low levels but heres the key to beating them, instant you can summon Siren GF because she'll inflict silence on them, this stops them casting magic, next draw cast blind on the right hand because it deals physical damage. Once blind and silence are inflicted on the Vysage and it's 2 hands (note, only righty needs to be blinded, could also use status attack-j to do this if you have 100 blind spells) you're pretty much free to do as you please. Vysage himself will have Ensuna and Haste magic spells both of which are useful, draw cast haste on yourself to make plundering easier. Lefty has Drain and Blind spells, this is particulary useful if you like me have a character who can deal much more with magic than with a level 2 weapon upgrade, in my case it's Squall, once I am ready to kill the Vysage I draw cast drain on it's components and restore my hp whilst killing it. Righty has 2 of the most important spells in the game, Protect and Shell. Just remember should you not silence the Vysage, Lefty has elemental magic it doesn't let you draw from him this is quite powerful, Vysage also has magic which it can cast on you that you cannot acquire atleast at low levels, primarily the one it likes to spam you with is a dispell spell removing any positive effects you have. Righty protects it's partner components of the Vysage monster with protect and shell.

As far as spell gathering goes you should try to pick them up wherever & whenever possible, take protect and shell for example; I managed to acquire them from the Granaldo + 3 Raldo battle in the Training Centre and a few bonus protects from the X-ATM092 in Dollet I am refusing to use a playthrough guide on this current run of the game I'm actually deciding to re-discover the things I have forgotten by playing it straight up (These proved highly useful to begin to protect myself at the very start of the Granaldo battle, just don't bother killing anything until you've plundered their magic and keep a high mag stat to draw well from them, same goes for magic in any boss battle, the fake deling has some nice status magic for example. Elvorlet has Double spells, acquire 100 of these and you'll be laughing for a vast majority of the boss battles in the first disc, just use sparingly one cast on the best magic user in the party is usually enough but play smart, if the enemy is weak to the GF equipped to the best spell caster, go down the list to the second allowing your GF to keep spamming the boss) The only thing I don't often do is bother modifying tents in to curaga spells early on. Sure it's possible but you expend a lot of cash for very little reward, Curaga is easily outstripped as a junction magic for most stats it'll benefit. Having 3000+ hp on disc 1 at level 15 - 20 doesn't help you, it merely makes it harder to get a limit break pop up and those are good things, whether it's Slot healing your party or ending a battle thats turned for the worse or Rinoa's Angelo partnership attacks giving phoenix downs to KO'd party members. In fact a HP-J makes Diablos harder to beat than without, since Demi inflicts 1/4 of current hp damage which means people with lots of hp tend to panic and forget that he'll cast a free curaga if you draw - stock demi and then fire them back at him.

The other thing to remember is to play Triple Triad and use the Card command in battle, card modifications of even basic monster cards can be very useful. Such as the following cards: Tri-Face card - Curse Spike - Status Mag-RF - 10 Pain spells per-spike. Mesmerize Card - Mesmerize blade - L Mag-RF - 20 Regens (very useful for your spirit, vitality or hp junctions) Gayla - Mystery Fluid - Status Mag-RF - 10 Meltdown spells, Armadodo/2 x T-rexaur cards - Dino Bone - Time Mag-RF - 20 Quake spells.

However I digress from the point of the topic or the sub-topic spawned by the topic which is "what magic works best to defeat Marlboro's bad breath attack" Well Ensuna like I said at the start isn't a bad idea however it's only 20% protection to most not all status effects if you have 100 of the spell. That means Ensuna alone will give a 1 in 5 chance of not being affected by Bad Breath. I prefer to acquire through card modification GF learning items and teach 1 of the 2 GFs I junction to each character useful skills like HP+80% or Status Def x 5 and using the item buyable in timber to make them forget the base skills of attack, draw, magic, item ect. The 5 x status defense junction slots are invaluble to your party, Junction; Ensuna, Pain, Confuse, Beserk (if needed) Silence and another spell of your choice to defense. This will not stop every status affect of Bad Breath affecting your character. However it will help you massively reduce the problem of recovering. From this point atleast 1 person should still be able to cast ensuna or use a rememdy+ to defeat the Bad Breath affects.

*Omega Peach*
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Doomtrain is so snazzy. It's is great to use on Omega Weapon. It casts meltdown :peach:

Rantz
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
This thread is past its expiration date, Omega Peach. Refrain from reviving old threads, particularly so when you have nothing really worthwhile to add.