PDA

View Full Version : Possible Connections...? SH/FFVII

Stormie BluJay
12-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Okay, so some of us have heard of the Shadow Hearts series, correct? I've been playing Covenant recently (That's two, for all that are wondering.) and I've discovered some connections between the characters of Shadow Hearts and the characters of Final Fantasy VII. For each character from one game posted, there will be another from the other game.

Yuri Hyuga and Reno Sinclair

I have to say, these two are extremely alike, in both physical and personal traits. We'll start out with the physical traits.

Yuri (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Necrogerbil/9989_nn1nwtjxhz.jpg)
Reno (http://bp0.blogger.com/_Y0rCYCJsEYQ/R-m_qF6ZZjI/AAAAAAAAAYs/6FMHCZKtCRw/s1600-h/7-turks-a.jpg)

The resemblance is striking. They both have red, messy hair, masculine features, and a somewhat lanky physique. Granted, Reno's hair is a lot different that Yuri's, their eye color is different, and they both dress differently, but if you took all the clothes off of both of them (drool) and cut their hair to match, you'd have practically the same person.

Now we move on to the personal traits. Okay, this is impossible to deny. Reno and Yuri are both cocky, smooth, and lady's men. They both share a love of beating things silly and violence, and both have a slight homophobia, or are antisocial towards other men who come on to them, either one can be considered canon.

Vincent and Keith Valentine

The connection here is by name alone. I believe the crew of Shadow Hearts, who were formerly the team for Final Fantasy, were making a connection here.

Alice and Aeris

These two are both kind, loving, and end up dying... sad. They are both in love with the hero and vice versa. Theyare both the sole holy characters in the game, and the only users of high powered light spells and skills.

Both are beautiful and wear odd clothing for the time and place... and for fighting monsters. They both have their hair in braids, even though Alice's are in a bun, too.

Yuffie and Haley

As much as it pains me to say it, Haley is somewhat like the raving psycho you see in FF7. They both share high agility and are thieves, as well as using long range attacks.

There isn't much of a physical resemblance other than them both being young.

Tifa and Margarete/Karin

Tifa must have been an influence of these two characters. All are smart, confident, and calm in a situation of stress. They all usually save the hero from certain peril, and they seem to like being in charge.

Body wise, DUH. Big boobs, nice legs, and a pretty face to match. These all bring the hero to his knees in desire to see them naked, as well as any other male character... if they're not gay, of course.

Scarlet and Veronica

Personalities are almost identical, yes? They both are poise and smooth, and also succeed in bringing any man to the floor with their in control attitudes.

Their bodies and sense of fashion are almost identical, other than the slight S&M vibe coming from Veronica.

That's all I have for now, but stay tuned as I discover more similarities!

Rostum
12-08-2008, 04:23 AM
The characters potrayed in FFVII aren't exactly original, and are fairly cliche. There is no connection except the fact that both games use a base stereotype for each character.

The Last Oath
12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
agreed

Stormie BluJay
12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
The characters potrayed in FFVII aren't exactly original, and are fairly cliche. There is no connection except the fact that both games use a base stereotype for each character.

Your opinion is duly noted. I'm not saying it's a rip off, I'm just saying
its cool that all these characters are similar. But the Valentine connection seems to me like they were try to connect to two, possibly let people know where they went...?

Ouch!
12-16-2008, 09:55 PM

Your opinion is duly noted. I'm not saying it's a rip off, I'm just saying
its cool that all these characters are similar. But the Valentine connection seems to me like they were try to connect to two, possibly let people know where they went...?
Or the two series are completely unrelated and you're just making connections that only hold up as the basis for poorly written fanfiction?

There's no canonical evidence to suggest that the two games share any meaningful connections other than that their characters were based on common stock designs.

FFIX Choco Boy
12-18-2008, 01:51 AM
A person will find fault where they seek it. A very famous quote, and this is a good example. They seem similar, because you were trying to find what made them similar.