PDA

View Full Version : General Chrono Trigger DS Thread.

Jowy
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
End of Time.

- The game's battle font is horrible.
- Chapter names have been changed. "The Queen Is Gone!" is now "A Vanished Princess"
- Menu interface has been cleaned up a bit, much more pleasing on the eyes.
- Map on bottom screen, but that's a given with any DS RPG now.
- Tech names have been changed from what I've notice. i.e Flame Toss is now Flamethrower, Slash is now Wind Slash.
- They took Frog's Olde English dialogue out.
- Johnny is no longer "The MAN!"
- Optional monster cockfighting arena added, accessible upon reaching The End of Time. fucking pointless.

I'll have this finished hopefully by tonight so I'll edit my thread a bunch.

Elly
12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
i love that they fixed the translation, i really hated the way Frog spoke in the original NA release... i also like that they speak of (and mention) death and other dark matters more frequently than they did in the first translation, mostly due to limited character space in the original dialogue boxes... another good thing about the translation is that liquers are no longer translated as Soda or Pop...

Jowy
12-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah Lucca was visibly intoxicated off of SKULL SMASH, I liked that.

The Man
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
How's the new content? I'm considering getting a DS, and if I do, this'll be one of the first games I buy.

Zeromus_X
12-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Apparently the monster fighting minigame can net some powerful equipment earlier than you're supposed to have it (not like it's needed since this game isn't incredibly difficult). Still I just like the idea of having a "Pokemon battle" with a friend.

There's two new bonus dungeons (one of which I hear changes depending on the time period like Black Omen). Standard FF port bonus content. New equipment and new enemies, and apparently, a new final boss who is very hard.

I like how they call Magus the Fiendlord instead of some wizard, nice combination of his Japanese and English names. They still call Frog's sword the Masamune which is kind of weird. The more mature dialogue is nice, I particularly like certain dialogue involving Ayla and the addition of Skull Smash.

PuPu
12-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Does anyone think that there might be a possibility of Chrono Cross DS as well?

Zeromus_X
12-11-2008, 05:04 AM
It wouldn't be able to fit on the DS. PSP would be possible though.

The Man
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
If they re-release Chrono Cross I hope they take care of the fact that 40% of the plot was revealed immediately before the final battle. I got the impression they got bored of developing new sections of the game so they just kind of gave up on fleshing the story out. Or else they just ran out of time.

that said, the first disc of Cross was amazing.

Jowy
12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
HOLY FUCK MARLE STOP WHOOPING MY ASS IN THREE TURNS.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif's hard, but it's nice to place Singing Mountain to an actual in-game zone now!

scrumpleberry
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM

:bigsmile:

:cry:

leader of mortals
01-13-2009, 02:15 AM
This new ending blows chunks...

Honestly wtf? Has anyone else beaten the new almighty final boss that was 100 times easier than the nu dude?

Does this new ending tie into chrono cross or something, because I never played that...

The Man
01-13-2009, 03:45 AM
oh wow, only noticing this because someone quoted it.
- Johnny is no longer "The MAN!"http://fools-gold.org/forum/images/smilies/sadpanda.gif

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2009, 07:25 AM

:bigsmile:

The game is dead to me for both points...

Heath
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM

Agreed entirely.

I've not had a chance to play this yet, but hopefully will at some stage since I love this game so much. Can't say I'm overly fussed by the change in Frog's dialogue though; I didn't mind it too much in the original.

Roogle
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I did not feel that this port had enough new content to justify a purchase of the game. I might pick this up a lot later when the price decreases significantly, but I hardly consider this a remake rather than yet another enhanced port.

scrumpleberry
01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah I wasn't awfully keen when I found out they weren't going to redo the graphics and music. I mean naturally it's fabulous as is, but it isn't really pushing the DS much, is it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
They altered the coloration of the graphics, at least. It can look either better or worse than the original palette depending on the scene, though.

As for the new content, I'd have preferred they include none rather than what they did. That it includes some of the most tedious game design in recent memory should clearly mean it has no business being in Chrono Trigger.

Does this new ending tie into chrono cross or something, because I never played that...

Yes, it does.

Bastian
01-14-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm really pissed off at the hyped "multiplayer" turning out to be no such thing.

leader of mortals
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
They altered the coloration of the graphics, at least. It can look either better or worse than the original palette depending on the scene, though.

As for the new content, I'd have preferred they include none rather than what they did. That it includes some of the most tedious game design in recent memory should clearly mean it has no business being in Chrono Trigger.

Yes, it does.

1. Thank you:D

2. You mean the fricken reptite quest thing where you go back in time, then forward in time, then back in time, then forward, then back, then forward, then back, and all within 3 minutes? Or something else?:p

NeoCracker
01-25-2009, 01:25 PM
This spoiler is focused around things you learn in both the Dinocity quest thing, and the bonus dungeon available the second playthrough.
First off, I think that the Dino city has something to do with Dinopolis in Cross. In part because I think the Idea of you saving the civilization that causes you so much pain later on in cross to be hilarious. :p

The second dungeon, however, answers a few questions in cross. First off, how did porre become a powerful military nation? The answer is simple. Remember how Dalton was sucked into the protal after attempting to summon the Golem boss? Turns out he got lost in a dimension vortex and found his way to your home time. Using the magic of Zeal, and likely technology from the future, he managed to turn porre into a military state and conquere Guardia, all out of spite for you beating him. :p

The actual ending I believe ties more into the alternate Radical dreamers universe then to Chrono Cross.

Feel free to correct me on my ideas though. :p