PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's got a GIRLFRIEND! :P

mooglebunni608
12-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I hope ><

So one of my friends plans to ask a girl out at a party this weekend.

He's kind of agonizing over this; Should he ask her at the beginning of the party, so if she says yes, they can cuddle and hang out and dance together the entire time, or should he ask her out when the party ends, so if she says no, there won't be much time spent on awkwardness?

Personally I want him to ask her out first thing, because there would be so many cute photo opportunities, but if she says no I'm going to have to hide him for the rest of the time.

And to give this thread more of a topic; How do you/would you ask somebody out? Do you wait for them to make a move? Over the phone or in person? On AIM? Tell me!

Rye
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I like to ask people in person. I've only asked one person out, though. I'm usually asked by far. And it's usually over IMs. No one usually ever has the guts to ask me in person.

Agrias
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Guys around here tend to be pigs so saying no to their adamant demands for a dinner date is the best thing to do.
Then i met Eric when i was done with guys (they pissed me off too much) so i acted like a douche bag on our first date. He basically had to bug the hell out of me to get me to meet him. I called him queer and made fun of his hair cut. But he caught on that it was ironic humor and he laughed, which made me laugh. We've never been apart since that day.

Rocket Edge
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I've only ever asked in person, but I think i've always had the good help of alcohol on my side.

Rantz
12-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Don't tell scrumpleberry but I am currently gathering rose petals to arrange on a silk spread on her bed, spelling "MARRY ME PLZ Y/N?".

Denmark
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
You should change your custom title from "Merry Rantzien" to "Marry Rantzien".

This thread makes me remember that I cockblocked myself twice this weekend. Oh well.

Ummm I really don't think I can add to the discussion! I shall be off.

Levian
12-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Haha, I was in the exact same situation last Saturday, and I decided to go with near the end of the night. What happened was that the girl got http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.giffaced, passed out, lost her shoe, vomited on my toilet and a bit on herself, passed out again on my bathroom floor and had to be driven home.

and now she's going to south america for three months. Oh well.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Ask at the start, unless there's only a really small handful of people there.

@ Rye: eye wuz skar'd ;;

Zeldy
12-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I've only ever been asked, I'd never do the asking xD

This lad once asked me out and later told me that I'm the first girl he's had the guts to ask out in person, usually using text or msn, I was like aww xD

Bunny
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Hm.. I have asked out somewhere between 15-20 people and I don't recall any of them turning me down. Confidence and knowledge works, I guess.

black orb
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
>>> Girls should be the ones who ask the guys out, I think girls have less chances of getting a negative answer..

Araciel
12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I just club them on the head then drag them to my cave. If that's not a good enough indication, I'm all out of ideas.

Aerith's Knight
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I've only ever asked in person, but I think i've always had the good help of alcohol on my side.

This.

Trust the force alcohol, young padawan. xD

Jess
12-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I have no problem with asking a guy out..but I've never actually had to. Somehow, I've been lucky in that the guys that I've liked have always asked me out before I've got the chance. :jess:

Gwawr
12-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Cheery and outgoing as I usually am, I'm painfully shy around men. I've never asked one out, and I wouldn't know where to start. I just wait until they decide they like me.

Ouch!
12-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I took a girl out Saturday night. I asked her in personal after class last Tuesday. In person is usually best, I find. Not only does it make you seem like less of a pansy, it's harder for people to say no to your face!

Jiro
12-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I've only asked one person out, and I cheated anyway. A friend of mine, who was her best friend, told me to. I'm normally very calm around females until there's any chance of romance, then I'm useless.

Nice
12-09-2008, 12:39 AM
As a male who is skinny and not outgoing, I was always shy at some point. I never asked anyone out for at least four years when I was in High School. Then when i did it ended in failure. :cry:

Then in college it completely turned around and I had fucking groupies. :eek:

I tended to prefer asking someone in person rather than in email or IM, no matter how unnerving it may be. I think the women appreciated that more.

Funny how that worked out. I met some crazy chick like that. Anyway, a whole lot of drama later, I met my wife and we're happily married. So I never have to be awkward around stranger women again. I mean its kind of funny, being married unnerves a person. I can strike up a convo with any chick and my heart would be fine. =/

SNOOZER
12-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I ask a girl out by leaping out of the bushes and performing a sexy dance. So far it's only worked twice.

Mittopotahis
12-09-2008, 02:24 AM
I haven't asked anyone, and no one's asked me. I'm happy.

In the case of your friend, I'd probably ask near the end of the night. There will be plenty of times to get cute photos and have fun on other days. And yeah, alcohol helps in your advantage too. =P

Captain Maxx Power
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I usually punch them in the stomach. If they stay standing I inform them they are suitable mating material, give them my address and tell them to come round in their own time.

Goldenboko
12-09-2008, 02:39 AM
I didn't really ask Chrissy out. We where discussing something else and somehow ended up to:
Dan: What would you say if I said I had a mini-crush on you?
Chrissy: Honestly?
Dan: Yes.
Chrissy: I'd like it.
*Ten minutes later*
Dan: Wait a sec! Are we dating now or something?
Chrissy: I think... so.

Jiro
12-09-2008, 03:16 AM
I didn't really ask Chrissy out. We where discussing something else and somehow ended up to:
Dan: What would you say if I said I had a mini-crush on you?
Chrissy: Honestly?
Dan: Yes.
Chrissy: I'd like it.
*Ten minutes later*
Dan: Wait a sec! Are we dating now or something?
Chrissy: I think... so.

Sounds like the situation leading up to me asking my girlfriend out. People kept asking us if we were dating, and we said no (obviously). But I asked her if I could say yes to them next time, to get reactions. We ended up pretending to be going out for 2 days before I asked "officially" (after basically being ordered to :p)

Shiny
12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I've only been asked out. Once it was during Prom. This guy was pretty adamant about getting my number too. Then the following week he kept calling asking if I would go to this party with him and a really bad area, so I just told him something stupid like I have to tan or something. I also got got propositions from 3 EoFFers who were probably serious. xD

Rantz
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I've only been asked out. Once it was during Prom. This guy was pretty adamant about getting my number too. Then the following week he kept calling asking if I would go to this party with him and a really bad area, so I just told him something stupid like I have to tan or something. I also got got propositions from 3 EoFFers who were probably serious. xD

I know I was.