PDA

View Full Version : Tastes like burning

Vermachtnis
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't like spicy food, at all. For some unknown reason it's unacceptable by everyone. They all want me to eat chili and barbecue and jalapeno stuff and I can't stand the stuff. Everyone gets all up in arms when I tell them that. I used to eat pickled hot sausages all the time, but I dunno I didn't eat them for a really long time and now I can't stand them or any spicy food.

So how do y'all feel about spicy food?

Psychotic
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I know what you mean. Admitting you don't like spicy food is like admitting you're a rapist or a Republican or something.

I don't like it. It tastes crap. Fuck you. :up:

Momiji
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not crazy about spicy stuff, but it's okay from time to time. The rest of my family, on the other hand, loves spicy foods.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Spicy food dislikers support group FORM~

Yeah it's not pleasant tbh, not pleasant at all.

Tama2
12-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I love spicy food! Every time I go to the store I always buy something spicy. Jalapenos are delicious by themselves.

I had this little foreign pepper my boss brought into work. I had to sit down for 10 minutes trying not to shed tears. But I am training my son to love spicy food. He can already handle things that my wife can't. >:]

Krelian
12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I love spicy food too. But I can't eat too much at once.

black orb
12-08-2008, 09:08 PM
>>> I love spicy food, the only problem are the stomach aches you get later..

ShunNakamura
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!

Jalapenos and other peppers are delicious! Such a nice taste and they can really add flavor to your favorite dish. The catch is balancing the flavor.

However, pickled peppers are disgusting! Garden fresh is the only way to go!

Jalapenos and other hot peppers are like a cure all for me. Sinus cold? Eat a few slices and it clears it right up! Stomach ache that causes you to throw up whenever you eat? Add some jalapeno slices to whatever you are eating and viola(though be careful on the amounts). Actually I am not really sure why it helps me when I want to throw up... that doesn't make any sense to me. I just know that it works as long as I don't over eat.

For me cooking isn't cooking unless you add peppers, spices, vegetables, and the ilk. You just have to get the balance right for your individual taste(everyone likes things a bit different)!

I Don't Need A Name
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I know what you mean. Admitting you don't like spicy food is like admitting you're a rapist or a Republican or something.

I don't like it. It tastes crap. smurf you. :up:

i concur
same thing with chinese. people dont seem to be able to accept that the stuff tastes vile :(

Rantz
12-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I dunno, I like stuff that tastes good. Sometimes spice adds to the experience, sometimes it detracts from it. Depends on the food and the mood.

I'm quite okay with people having other opinions, though.

ShunNakamura
12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I dunno, I like stuff that tastes good. Sometimes spice adds to the experience, sometimes it detracts from it. Depends on the food and the mood.

I'm quite okay with people having other opinions, though.
QFT, though it is shocking to me when someone doesn't like any peppers or likes bland food over flavorful food though. They have varying tastes after all!

same thing with chinese. people dont seem to be able to accept that the stuff tastes vile :(
I don't think I have ever had authentic Chinese before... However, seeing as how it is a different culture I may not like it at first(particularly if the flavors are accented in greatly different degrees than what I am accustomed to).

Edit- Maybe I should post up the F/SN scene that deals with spicy food! It is pretty neat imo!~

Deborah
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't like spicy food, It kills me, I have acid reflex so if I have a little, it feels like an instant punch to the chest. :greenie:

Bunny
12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
So how do y'all feel about spicy food?

I feel very good about spicy food.

scrumpleberry
12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I like quite spicy food. Not like jalapeno pepper spicy or anything, but it gives it a really nice touch and it always clears up any bugs I have :bigsmile: I feel great after a bit of spice

I don't care if other people dislike spicy food, but I think it's hilarious when middle aged guys eat spicy food to prove how MANLAY they are and just end up having coughing fits and turning the colour of beetroot.

Jess
12-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I love spicy food. Curries, chilli etc are win. :heart:

Tavrobel
12-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Spiciness is the measure of your manliness. If you can't handle spicy, you are not a man. End of story.

Also, if you get really spicy food, then you've got an excuse to take it with Ranch, and that is manliness waiting to happen.

Montoya
12-08-2008, 10:57 PM
I really like spicy food. I mean, sometimes it all depends on the food and as previously mentioned: a balance. But please God tell me there is something to drink right after.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Spiciness is the measure of your manliness. If you can't handle spicy, you are not a man. End of story.

There's a difference between handling and enjoying. For instance, girls can't handle me, but they do enjoy me.

Miriel
12-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Bring on the heat, I love it.

There's this one Taquería in LA that has the hottest salsa rojo. It hits you like a ton of bricks. The spicinesses of it searing through your throat and into your stomach. Then comes the sweating, the red faces, and for me, the inability to keep from waving my hands frantically. As if that'll help with anything. :p And then it passes, and god damn, you're ready for more!

I kinda get a thrill everytime I introduce people to this hot sauce. There's always this, "yeah yeah, I can handle hot stuff, quit hyping it up" sorta feeling. But the hot sauce never fails to bowl people over with it's flavor and intensity. It's addictive, I tell ya.

Værn
12-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I put Dave's Insanity Sauce on everything, and then I breathe fire :D

blackmage_nuke
12-09-2008, 12:24 AM
I like spicy food that has good taste, but I dont like it when the food is spicy just for the sake of being spicy.

Blue Harvest
12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Can't beat a good curry.

Breine
12-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I love my food spicy. I was positively surprised about the fact that they used a lot of chilli in China. So delish! (The hot pot was way too spicy, though. It left all of us with the ring sting for at least 2 days after) Here in India it's mostly curry, which can also be spicy, but in a different way of course.

Momiji
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Can't beat a good curry.

I've never had curry, and I've wanted to try it for a while.

Actually, even though I'm not really interested in spicy foods, I'm addicted to Maruchan Hot and Spicy Ramen with Shrimp. I could eat that stuff every day!

escobert
12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
as long as I have some water I'll be ok :p

Rye
12-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I loveeeee spicy. I love putting banana peppers in everything.

There's a difference between handling and enjoying. For instance, girls can't handle me, but they do enjoy me.

You wish, dollface. xD

Balzac
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Milk is the best thing for Spicy food. Water just makes it worse.

qwertysaur
12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Actually since most of the spicy/hot is in an oil form, you should use bread to absorb it if it's too much. Water doesn't actually remove the heat.

I can handle spicy food, but I really hate the taste. >_<

I Took the Red Pill
12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
I love it.

I went to a chicken wing fest one time with all these different vendors and there was to be a hottest sauce contest later, so we went around to all the vendors and requested their "contest sauce". All of them were pretty damn hot, but one guy was holding out on us because he only could make a small amount of sauce, specifically for the contest, because the ingredients were too expensive to make too much of it. We eventually pestered him into giving us some, prefacing it with "Don't touch your eyes or your Johnson". We eat them. 5 minutes later, my friend has his head buried in a garbage can, hurling it out because his stomach simply rejected it. As I'm laughing at him and feeling superior, I brush my eye with my hand. I didn't know pain could exist in that capacity until that moment. And that is my best spicy food story. At least I didn't touch my Johnson.

Ramza Beoulve
12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Loving spicy food is in my genes ;)

Rantz
12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I love it.

I went to a chicken wing fest one time with all these different vendors and there was to be a hottest sauce contest later, so we went around to all the vendors and requested their "contest sauce". All of them were pretty damn hot, but one guy was holding out on us because he only could make a small amount of sauce, specifically for the contest, because the ingredients were too expensive to make too much of it. We eventually pestered him into giving us some, prefacing it with "Don't touch your eyes or your Johnson". We eat them. 5 minutes later, my friend has his head buried in a garbage can, hurling it out because his stomach simply rejected it. As I'm laughing at him and feeling superior, I brush my eye with my hand. I didn't know pain could exist in that capacity until that moment. And that is my best spicy food story. At least I didn't touch my Johnson.

It is not a good idea to, uh, handle any part of the crotch when you've been in contact with that stuff actually. x)

Miriel
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
I love it.

Yesterday I was cutting some serrano peppers for a marinade and 2 minutes later, I had forgotten that I'd done this and scratched my eyes. Ugggghhhhhhhhh, it BURNED! It burned for like half an hour. ;_;

rubah
12-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I like some but not a ton.

Shoeberto
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I've gained quite a taste for spicy stuff in the past few years. I guess it just makes things less boring tasting.