PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories

*~Angel Wing~*
12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Was it just me...or did anybody else know about this game coming out? :confused:

I found out about it Friday by accident. I was checking my e-mails and had a ton from Game Stop, and while I was scrolling through one I thought I saw Sora. So I went back and sure enough it was an ad for this new Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories game that apparently came out for PlayStation 2 December 2nd. I thought I was seeing things, so I checked and it was true! :eek: There was actually a new Kingdom Hearts game out! :greenking I was sooo excited! :hyper: But I was also really surprised considering I'm usually up to date with my Kingdom Hearts stuff. I immediately called my sister from work and she said she never knew about it either! She was at Game Stop 3 days earlier and said there were no displays or anything for it! So to make a long story short we got the last copy at Game Stop that night. :D

My sister and I are still stunned and can't believe we're actually playing a new Kingdom Hearts game! :jess: I'm really happy especially since it's a PS2 remake of Chain Of Memories. But I find it a little strange that it took them this long to release something that was out in Japan almost 2 years ago. :rolleyes2 Was it even advertised?

Oh well...I guess it doesn't really matter. It feels great to finally be playing a new Kingdom Hearts game and I'm enjoying it a lot! :hello: :kaohappy2

What are your thoughts on this? :)

Tavrobel
12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Yes, we did know (http://forums.eyesonff.com/heart-body-kingdom-kingdom-hearts/120242-ps2-version-chain-memories-confirmed-us-release.html).

Dread.

Crimson
12-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Yup, known about it since it was announced a few months back.

mooglebunni608
12-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Ohmygosh! I missed that!

I know what my Christmas present to myself is this year!! :3

hhr1dluv
12-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Okay, here's something people might not know...
I realize that Re:CoM has 3 different difficulty settings. Is there a secret movie in CoM that you might be barred from if you play on easy? Otherwise, what's stopping me from playing on easy? What incentive do I have for playing on proud?

sdm42393
12-09-2008, 04:25 AM
What incentive do I have for playing on proud?

Because the game is too easy.

hhr1dluv
12-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Well, KHII was very easy. And you're right that it was more fun on proud. But I've never thought of CoM as easy...In fact, for all intents and purposes it should logically be the most difficult of the three, as it's the only one that you can't mindlessly attack in. I beat the game on the GBA, and it annoyed the bejeezus out of me. Maybe I should do easy so I don't get pissed off. :choc:

And where are moombas from?
:moomba:

Wolf Kanno
12-09-2008, 05:50 AM

Final Fantasy VIII

http://www.chocoboheaven.com/gallery/albums/uploads/ff8_img/thumb_ff8-moomba.jpg http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/3847/images/moombas.jpg

Marshall Banana
12-09-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm losing interest in the Kingdom Hearts series, because it's hard to imagine any new installment topping the original game; KHII, for one, is a huge disappointment. =(

Stormie BluJay
12-09-2008, 07:56 AM
My buddy, Liz, who's a total KH fanatic, told me all about it. She has all of the games except that one. I have a feeling she'll be beggin her mom for it for Christmas, ja?

Anyways, I'd love to play it, seeing as the only game I've actually played and not just watched Liz play is KHII. I know, poser, right? Oh well, I only like it for the nobodies and Goofy. everyone else can go die in gummy space for all I care. I'm kidding, but I do HATE Donald Duck myself, but I always have, because he's mean. And most of the disney princesses I could do with out, and that includes Mulan. But I guess that would take the whole 'Kingdom Hearts' out of it, huh?

sdm42393
12-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, KHII was very easy. And you're right that it was more fun on proud. But I've never thought of CoM as easy...In fact, for all intents and purposes it should logically be the most difficult of the three, as it's the only one that you can't mindlessly attack in. I beat the game on the GBA, and it annoyed the bejeezus out of me. Maybe I should do easy so I don't get pissed off. :choc:

Well... just because it was the hardest compared to the other two (thank god, some strategy) doesn't mean that the game wasn't a breeze to go through. I remember the only boss I got stuck on was the fourth Riku Replica battle, because my stupid ass didn't collect zero cards. :p

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I was surpised it was released so soon o_o

A friend called while he was at Gamestop and I was like, WAIT OMG I JUST HEARD CHAIN OF MEMORIES IS OUT GO LOOK FOR IT.

Crimson
12-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes there is a secret ending for beating it on Proud Mode, what it is though I have no idea.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Ohmygosh! I missed that!

I know what my Christmas present to myself is this year!! :3
:D

Final Fantasy VIII

http://www.chocoboheaven.com/gallery/albums/uploads/ff8_img/thumb_ff8-moomba.jpg http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/3847/images/moombas.jpg
How could you not know where Moombas are from!? :moomba: :Oo:

Only from the BEST Final Fantasy ever!!! :heart: :hello: ;):up:

A friend called while he was at Gamestop and I was like, WAIT OMG I JUST HEARD CHAIN OF MEMORIES IS OUT GO LOOK FOR IT.
I cried aloud with mirth and merriment

Oh well, I only like it for the nobodies and Goofy. everyone else can go die in gummy space for all I care. I'm kidding, but I do HATE Donald Duck myself, but I always have, because he's mean. And most of the disney princesses I could do with out, and that includes Mulan. But I guess that would take the whole 'Kingdom Hearts' out of it, huh?
I'm the total opposite. I LOVE all of the Kingdom Hearts characters, except for Goofy. I think he is so useless...especially in battles. Donald Duck is way better and actually helps out, unlike Goofy who just runs around making stupid noises and does nothing. :eep: I've always liked Donald and even more now from being in the Kingdom Hearts series. I loved the part in Kingdom Hearts II when that huge boulder slammed into Goofy's head. Sadly he survived...:mad:

Bottom line: Donald > Goofy

merged -Rantz

sdm42393
12-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Donald and Goofy both suck equally in the game. Donald dies in seconds and Goofy runs around like a retard.

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Donald and Goofy both suck equally in the game. Donald dies in seconds and Goofy runs around like a retard.

My feeling has always been that Donald and Goofy are only good for being meatshields for Sora. I adore both as characters but I grew up with the classic Disney shows. As player characters, Goofy was more useful in KH1 cause he had that ability to give Sora his MP that was just lying around and collecting dust (Excellent for the two optional non-arena bosses ;)) while Donald is better in KH2 despite being super retarded about healing, mostly cause KH2 made magic useful. Both are easily chumped in KH:CoM by King Mickey and their only uses is for the Trinity Limit ability Sleight.

Crimson
12-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Goofy wasnt TOO bad, MP Gift in KH1 was always nice and his Limit in KH2 is cheap as hell against some bosses (used it against demyx once on proud mode, he lost 4 bars in seconds....jesus)

sdm42393
12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
mostly cause KH2 made magic useful.

Huh, I thought quite the opposite. With the exception of cure (and possibly reflect for some battles) I found magic useless. Magic was actually required in the first game whereas in Kingdom Hearts 2 it's just an alternative to spamming the X Button.

Zeromus_X
12-10-2008, 02:21 PM
It's a shame they didn't package this with Final Mix for whatever reason. It would clear up the misconceptions that this game requires no strategy rather quickly.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the whereabouts of the KHII FM cards for Re:CoM? They were supposed to be available if you had a clear FM save on your memory card, but since the English version doesn't have FM I wonder if they're still in the game.

Stormie BluJay
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM

Huh, I thought quite the opposite. With the exception of cure (and possibly reflect for some battles) I found magic useless. Magic was actually required in the first game whereas in Kingdom Hearts 2 it's just an alternative to spamming the X Button.
I feel the same way. I just use all of their AP on pumping up Sora's attack, Goofy's defense, and Donald's magic. Then I generally let the others do what they want while I kick some ass with my friend adrenaline.

I haven't die once yet. XP

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM

I found that magic was far more powerful in terms of damage and Reflect and Magnet were incredibly useful spells for defense and crowd control. Course magic's usefulness doesn't really shine until you play through the Hades Paradox Cup where Sora takes insane levels of damage despite his defense and armor rating...

Just the fact that they do damage and Fire's new spell effect, made magic far more useful. Bandits and Fat Heartless were much easier to kill in KH2. I think KH2's problem and strength was that unlike KH1, it never really forced you to use magic. So most players never saw its usefulness. I didn't until my second playthrough of KH2. In fact, magic in KH2 to me at least was designed more as secondary defense and complimentary towards the revamped battle system. The spells seem more like defense and set-up maneuvers to go into flashy combos as opposed to another form of straight up attacking opponents.

To be honest, I felt KH2 took great strides in refining and expanding the combat system in all its forms. :D

*~Angel Wing~*
12-10-2008, 10:40 PM

My feeling has always been that Donald and Goofy are only good for being meatshields for Sora. I adore both as characters but I grew up with the classic Disney shows. As player characters, Goofy was more useful in KH1 cause he had that ability to give Sora his MP that was just lying around and collecting dust (Excellent for the two optional non-arena bosses ;)) while Donald is better in KH2 despite being super retarded about healing, mostly cause KH2 made magic useful. Both are easily chumped in KH:CoM by King Mickey and their only uses is for the Trinity Limit ability Sleight.

Goofy wasnt TOO bad, MP Gift in KH1 was always nice and his Limit in KH2 is cheap as hell against some bosses (used it against demyx once on proud mode, he lost 4 bars in seconds....jesus)
Through my personal experiences Goofy has been a total waste in battle. :down: In KH1 I would always set Donald and Goofy to use items on everyone. I can seriously remember only 1 or 2 times at the most that Goofy ever used an item on anyone besides himself. Even if Donald was dead and I was low on HP he would still only heal himself. Selfish bastard...:eep: To me Goofy sucked and I would always switch him out for another Disney character whenever I was able to, and the other character would heal me! (Jack Skellington was always great! :D) On the other hand, Donald would always heal Sora even if he had less HP. Donald was extremely useful to me especially in tougher boss battles and the Olympus Coliseum Cup challenges. I admit he might have died a little easier than Goofy, but him constantly healing Sora made up for it A LOT more. :up: But I never relied on them for fighting in KH1 anyway cuz they really couldn't do much; their main purpose to me was healing. Their Limit Breaks in KH2 were really good though.

Another reason why I hate Goofy is in the KH2 Pirates Of The Caribbean World we were fighting Heartless/Nobodies on the ship that was taking us to another area, and I was really low on HP and was waiting for my magic to come back. (something I found very annoying :mad:) So Donald and I hid behind some barrels so my MP bar would go down and then some Heartless/Nobodies appeared a little further away. Luckily they didn't see us at first and my magic was almost back, when all of a sudden Goofy jumps out of nowhere yelling like a dumbass and gave us away! I thought it was like a glitch or something...lol it's funny now but I was really pissed because so many of them come when you're on that boat and I was almost done! :hot: I also wanted to get that world over with quickly because I'm not a big POTC fan. :-/

Stormie BluJay
12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I like playing Space Paranoids, myself. Then you get to use Tron, who kicks some mircochip booty, man. And his limit break ROCKS. I only wish that I didn't have to fight along side Mulan or Cpt. Jack or .... anyone else. Just having Tron by my side constantly would keep me happy.

Getting back on topic, I've actually never played CoM. What's the game play like? Can you guys describe it?

*~Angel Wing~*
12-10-2008, 10:56 PM

Yeah I rarely ever used magic in KH2. That fcukin MP bar was sooo annoying, I hated it! :mad2:
They should have just left it the way it was...:grumble:

It's a shame they didn't package this with Final Mix for whatever reason. It would clear up the misconceptions that this game requires no strategy rather quickly.
Yeah, hopefully they will release the Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mixes in the near future. I mean it can't be that hard to do considering all of the voice acting is already in English. :rolleyes2 Just throw in some English subtitles and there ya go, it's done! :D

I like playing Space Paranoids, myself. Then you get to use Tron, who kicks some mircochip booty, man. And his limit break ROCKS. I only wish that I didn't have to fight along side Mulan or Cpt. Jack or .... anyone else. Just having Tron by my side constantly would keep me happy.

Getting back on topic, I've actually never played CoM. What's the game play like? Can you guys describe it?
Yeah the Space Paranoids were pretty cool. :cool:

There's really only one word to describe the KH CoM gameplay: Cards. :D

You basically have a bunch of cards numbered 0-9 and use your attacks and magic that way. If an enemy uses a card with a higher number than you, your attack is blocked and they attack you instead and vice versa, which is known as a "card break." If you both have the same number card nobody can attack which also results in a card break.

merged -Rantz

Stormie BluJay
12-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah the Space Paranoids were pretty cool. :cool:

There's really only one word to describe the KH CoM gameplay: Cards. :D

You basically have a bunch of cards numbered 0-9 and use your attacks and magic that way. If an enemy uses a card with a higher number than you, your attack is blocked and they attack you instead and vice versa, which is known as a "card break." If you both have the same number card nobody can attack which also results in a card break.
So... It's like DnD and Snap mixed into one game, huh? Sounds fun, but challenging at the same time. :D

PuPu
12-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Speaking of which, does anyone know the whereabouts of the KHII FM cards for Re:CoM? They were supposed to be available if you had a clear FM save on your memory card, but since the English version doesn't have FM I wonder if they're still in the game.
Beat both story modes and go to the Key to Rewards rooms in each of the worlds. You'll find KHII keyblade and OXIII cards in the rooms.

I found Magic useless.Large groups of enemies, especially tough ones, are taken out much more easily by Magnet+Thunder or Magnet+Fire than keyblade combo+Explosion. By mashing attack, you're at a greater risk to be counter-attacked by the enemies than if you casted Magic from a distance. For example, Assault Riders have a chance of countering with their spinning lance attack when you go too close to them. You could mash X and hope you don't get countered, or you could just cast Blizzard or Thunder from a distance and never have to worry about getting hit by them. Magnet is extremely helpful in Paradox Cups as well, where you fight lots of large groups of tough enemies. Magic also happens to have useful effects of Port Royal zombies, Barbossa, and Grim Reaper as well.

By the way, mashing X absolutely sucks on low level challenges and Critical Mode.

With the exception of cure (and possibly reflect for some battles) Reflect blocks virtually all attacks, you can mash it to block multiple hits, and it also explodes for damage. If you still think that Reflect is even somewhat useless, you should see this:
YouTube - KH2FM Sephiroth 35sec (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuNTfsxvc6E&feature=PlayList&p=EF4AFFD3D42F20DC&index=16)

Jessweeee♪
12-11-2008, 01:59 AM
CoM was pretty neat, but the controls were way too awkward for me. This shouldn't be a problem with a PS2 controller, though.

PuPu
12-11-2008, 03:16 AM
CoM was pretty neat, but the controls were way too awkward for me. This shouldn't be a problem with a PS2 controller, though.
I think now it's Triangle to stock cards/use sleights, so don't make the mistake of using the R1 and L1 shoulder buttons :p

Tavrobel
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm losing interest in the Kingdom Hearts series, because it's hard to imagine any new installment topping the original game; KHII, for one, is a huge disappointment. =(

The unfortunate flaw of KHII is its incredible ease. Additionally, due to how easy the game is, mashing X is by far the easiest way to get through the game, even if you specialize in Magic right from the beginning. Disregard shortcuts via L1.

Tragic enough that half of the upgrades for Magic are not readily obtainable, and even if they were, there's no incentive to use it without a strong Magic stat, and hard to aim. Compare this to Explosion, which offers area-of-effect, damage based on the magic stat, and knocks everything back (though for some bosses, it resets their aggression AI). Compare to Guard Break, which more or less guarantees invincibility for a second, and does far much more damage than just about anything using the Keyblade, and disables the defenses of most enemies. Combine both with Finisher Plus, and you're unstoppable. Lock-On isn't exactly the best ability that helps you hit the enemy, though it [Magic] proves superior in range and area-of-effect capabilities. Reflect is piss-poor for the first two stages; it is game-breaking in the third. Even though the recharge bar is a step up above stocked charges, it still ultimately forces you to resort to physical methods of fighting while you wait; MP Gift rectified this, and it could easily have been balanced for Goofy, and give him a reason to have a Magic stat. Then again, Firaga + Final Form is game-breaking, too.

arcanedude34
12-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Drives in themselves (with the exception of Wisdom) are game breakers. Sad but true, KHII is the textbook definition of X masher.

Marshall Banana
12-12-2008, 01:11 AM
What disappointed me most about KHII was the lack of fun Disney worlds.

hhr1dluv
12-12-2008, 03:33 AM
I liked the Disney worlds of KH II well enough. I enjoyed Mulan's world, Space Paranoids, Agrabah, Halloween Town, Atlantica (I know...:P), and Hundred Acre Wood. Pride Rock was interesting too, though I felt like I was running endlessly through the pride lands all the time.

Admittedly though, I felt the game was a bit too easy (though proud mode made it just hard enough that I didn't care about the easiness), and I thought the pacing of the story was weird. And the ending could have been stronger. But, I liked it overall.

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2008, 07:22 PM
The unfortunate flaw of KHII is its incredible ease. Additionally, due to how easy the game is, mashing X is by far the easiest way to get through the game, even if you specialize in Magic right from the beginning. Disregard shortcuts via L1.

Odd, I consider its major flaw being its half ass story telling.Chain of Memories was awesome and set-up something awesome. The prologue of KHII even gave the illusion it might make good on the expectations CoM made for but then it just starts to fall apart for the sake of making sequels and spin-offs. :rolleyes2

Tragic enough that half of the upgrades for Magic are not readily obtainable, and even if they were, there's no incentive to use it without a strong Magic stat, and hard to aim. Compare this to Explosion, which offers area-of-effect, damage based on the magic stat, and knocks everything back (though for some bosses, it resets their aggression AI). Compare to Guard Break, which more or less guarantees invincibility for a second, and does far much more damage than just about anything using the Keyblade, and disables the defenses of most enemies. Combine both with Finisher Plus, and you're unstoppable. Lock-On isn't exactly the best ability that helps you hit the enemy, though it [Magic] proves superior in range and area-of-effect capabilities. Reflect is piss-poor for the first two stages; it is game-breaking in the third. Even though the recharge bar is a step up above stocked charges, it still ultimately forces you to resort to physical methods of fighting while you wait; MP Gift rectified this, and it could easily have been balanced for Goofy, and give him a reason to have a Magic stat. Then again, Firaga + Final Form is game-breaking, too.

Magic to me, is more for complimenting the physical combat. I think the team got feedback on KH1 that most people didn't use magic and it was poorly designed and thus they chose to make it complimentary to the main combat system rather treat as an alternative for battling baddies. Only Wisdom and higher form levels can use magic to combat and that's more because they have the magic combo system. Still, I don't see it totally worthless as I was able to wipe out Cerberus in a few minutes with little effort by spamming Thundaga in Final form. :D

What disappointed me most about KHII was the lack of fun Disney worlds.

Honestly, with the exception of Pirates of the Caribbean world, I felt the Disney worlds were way more solid. I don't understand this dislike for Mulan as that has always been a Disney world I adore. Most of the world's I like from KH1 were brought back except for Alice in Wonderland. Seriously, I hated Monstro, Peter Pan's world and I prefer KH2's version of The Little Mermaid world cause it broke up the monotony of the other worlds and because the world was terribly designed in KH1.

Marshall Banana
12-12-2008, 08:03 PM
There's little room to explore in any of them; they're too straightforward, sometimes too small, and not very memorable, I think.

I guess KHII's Disney fan service just isn't up to par for me! =O

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't think any amount of Disney fanservice will satiate your love of Disney in these games. ;)

I felt quite a few worlds were expanded better (Agrabah and Olympus)and the worlds had either more open environments or well crafted ones that hide how linear they really are. Course I'm also bias cause KH2 pretty much has my complete collection of fav Disney films in it. :cool:

Depression Moon
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I was thinking about getting this, but I'm starting to question if I even care, the game should've came out last year and I probably be more edged to get it if it was Final Mix instead of just Chain of Memories.
Also it would further my incling that I desperately want a PS3, I should only be looking at hi-def graphics by now.

sdm42393
12-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I felt quite a few worlds were expanded better (Agrabah and Olympus)

I actually thought Agrabah in KH2 was just horrid in every single way (imo). In the first game the whole world was a big platforming level with alleys and mini-puzzles to progress. In the second game it a few large maps that weren't too eye-pleasing and featured nothing that made it so memorable in the first game.

I didn't like Olympus too much either, but I have to admit it was much expanded.

arcanedude34
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
MY favorite Disney world from the first game (Agrabah for it's platforming and the most bosses of any Disney world, iirc) became my least favorite in KHII (no platforming, really ugly looking maps, and a tacked on plot stolen from a hated sequel of the movie the world was based on)

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2008, 05:36 AM
I felt quite a few worlds were expanded better (Agrabah and Olympus)

I actually thought Agrabah in KH2 was just horrid in every single way (imo). In the first game the whole world was a big platforming level with alleys and mini-puzzles to progress. In the second game it a few large maps that weren't too eye-pleasing and featured nothing that made it so memorable in the first game.

I didn't like Olympus too much either, but I have to admit it was much expanded.

MY favorite Disney world from the first game (Agrabah for it's platforming and the most bosses of any Disney world, iirc) became my least favorite in KHII (no platforming, really ugly looking maps, and a tacked on plot stolen from a hated sequel of the movie the world was based on)

Taking Aladdin 2's plot aside...

The main reason I adore the stages in KH2 better is because the developers decided to do the smart thing and completely drop the heavy platforming in favor of combat. The platforming in KH1 was terrible and seeing it go away was welcomed.

I did not like KH1's Agrabah cause I detested the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif of meandering through a world that is literally a straight line only to finally get to the roof jump to the next platform and due to the crappy design and camera either miss the jump, get knocked off by an enemy or fall while attacking an enemy that appeared on the platform in my mid-jump. Forcing me to start all over. No, I do not miss KH1's Agrabah at all...

Marshall Banana
12-13-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't like Agrabah in either game!

Kingdom Hearts:

I love Traverse Town! It has many Disney components - Mickey Mouse gloves on sign poles, Donald's nephews' store, Geppetto and Pinocchio, the Mad Hatter store, Dalmatians' House, the Lady and Tramp fountain, Merlin, and the Fairy Godmother. The section that houses the fountain of Lady and Tramp is very castle-like, too, which I love; it's pretty enough to make me press Select and just look around for a while! The whole town feels so Disney!
The games within 100 Acre Wood are fun for me, but I can't say that I'm not happy to seal its keyhole and be done with Pooh's book.
Wonderland is fun, because there are many areas that I find only when I explore (such as the different walls of Bizarre Room).
Olympus Coliseum is fun for me, even though there isn't much to discover within it; it's just a fun sidequest.
I like Tarzan, but I'm not a huge fan of it or its characters, so I think that Deep Jungle is just okay. Vine jumping annoys me, but I like the sliding mini game, and I like that Mrs. Potts and the tea cups from Beauty and the Beast are inside Jane's camp (cute)! Also, Waterfall Cavern is pretty, and I like the scene that occurs there.
Agrabah is the least impressive world and the most dreaded/rushed by me. The fight with Jafar is pretty cool, though.
Monstro is easy (although confusing at first), but I like it, because Riku finally appears again and makes up for it (I like the scenes between him and Sora).
Atlantica is one of my favorite worlds - just because The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie in the whole world! The mermaid palace is disappointing, though, and I hate being forced to fight the shark again and again near the sunken ship. Aside from those two things, though, having Ariel in my party, being a mermaid, and swimming and fighting monsters to the tune of Under the Sea make me excited!
Halloween Town is great, too! There's a lot to look at there. In KHII, though, it's reduced to what - two screens? Christmas Town is only a few screens, too, if I'm not mistaken.
Neverland is great, because Sora learns to fly, and the plot becomes more exciting. I spend a lot of time in Neverland just flying around and hitting Mushrooms. The pirate ship alone isn't impressive, though, and I don't like to explore it.
Hollow Bastian is my favorite non-Disney world! The game is nail-biting exciting by that point, and Hollow Bastian is full of Disney characters! I get to team up with Beast, finally battle Maleficent, and talk to all of the Disney princesses in one room (except Belle, who hangs out in the library as soon as she's free, of course). Hollow Bastion is very pretty, too.
The End of the World is just pretty.

Kingdom Hearts II:

Twilight Town is very pretty, but there are almost no Disney references within it (only Final Fantasy characters); actually, I'm not sure that there are any - other than the weapons that have Micky Mouse shapes - but I can't remember.
Land of Dragons looks great (like most worlds in KHII), but it didn't enthrall me, I'd say, even though I like Mulan. I expected the settings to be bigger and more grand, I guess, because the film is (avalanches, parades, fireworks, etcetera).
Beast's Castle is probably my favorite world in KHII, but I don't care for the story events (they're boring).
I think it's really cool that Olympus is expanded to include the Underworld and that Meg is around, but the only good things about the Underworld are Hades (he's cool) and Auron (he's cool). The Underworld is just a collection of screens that look green and spooky. =(
Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastian is okay. There isn't much Disney fun to be had there; Merlin is around, but the place is dominated by Final Fantasy characters and events instead.
I didn't even play 100 Acre Wood, and I was angry that Sora let enemies screw up Pooh's book in order to make me go back there.
When I played KHII (which was only once) I hadn't watched Tron, so I didn't have an opinion about Space Paranoids. Now that I've watched Tron, Space Paranoids is pretty disappointing, because it seems even smaller than it seemed before!
Atlantica is fine; it's okay that it was reduced to a sidequest (I like the songs), but the story sequences should have been left out, because Ursula is supposed to be dead (plus, overall, they're inaccurate and cheesy).
Disney Castle is gorgeous! Minnie! Chip! Dale!
Timeless River might be the best world, even though it isn't my favorite; it's fun to run around in, and it's the most unique!
Port Royal is super boring and ugly.
I progressed through Agrabah so fast that I barely remember it. I know that I despised it, though.
Pride Land is neat only because Sora makes an adorable lion cub! It's pretty, too, but one thing that bothers me about Pride Land is: it looks spacey - like there's a lot to it - but that is trickery! Instead there is a lot of blank space with pretty walls.
Halloween Town, like I said before, is way too small, and there aren't enough screens of Christmas Town to make up for it.
The World That Never Was is pretty neat, but I don't care for the story events (or the game's ending).

I just want larger and more...extravagant worlds. :sebastian:

Rye
12-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Glad I'm not the only person who dislikes Agrabah. =O

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
I love really old cartoons so Timeless River was like, the most awesome thing ever xD

Rye
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Space Paranoids, come to think of it, was my least headache. D:

I think Halloween town was my favorite, it was huge! :bigsmile:

sir helix
12-14-2008, 07:20 AM
i only liked the world that never was for being able to have riku on your side. but that last boss was a pain, and i hated playing as riku during it, you should have been able to do more than those 3 or 4 crappy commands that caused you to have to redo a lot of stuff if you didnt gaurd in time

mooglebunni608
12-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I just want larger and more...extravagant worlds. :sebastian:
Me too!~ I loved how in KH1 you could run and jump and fly and there was something hidden EVERYWHERE and no place was blocked off. Too much of that is missing in KH2, which makes me sad! ><

arcanedude34
12-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Good news! From what can be seen in the MANY videos at KHInsider, 358 uses KH1 maps for all revisited worlds and BBS looks like its mapping is up to the standards of the first game! Squee!

tebian
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I played this on the 2nd disk that came with the final release of KH2. All I can is thank you SE... I cant tell you how hard it is to play a game reading Japanese menus. Do not let the card battle stuff fool you this is a great game. I honestly did like it better on the GBA cause it just that kinda game but I for one love to see the remakes. Always has something new to play from those guys.