PDA

View Full Version : Damn this game is hard!

Project G
12-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Ok, so I just started out on the psp version!

As I was walking out of that first town (Can't remember the name....Fynn I think?)

Got to the second town barely, walked back in some marsh land and 4 werewolves appeared and killed me in one hit! WTF?????

What's the best/quickest way to get better?

Jiro
12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I usually spend a few hours attacking my characters til they have low HP and then grinding against the enemies outside Fynn. The level system is rather difficult to pick up at first, I still don't even have a good idea what I'm doing :D

Zeromus_X
12-10-2008, 02:19 PM
This game is pretty notorious for allowing you to wander to places you aren't supposed to be until later in the game. Just stick to the route you're supposed to take and you should get strong enough naturally just going through the game.

Crimson
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
yeah, try and keep to the river, those marshes will rape you badly, and dont talk to the knights in Fynn, you'll regret it.

DarkLadyNyara
12-11-2008, 01:21 AM
What everyone else said.

Basically, if you get slaughtered in one turn, you're in the wrong area.

.:kerrod:.
12-12-2008, 02:54 PM
save often, especially on the world map and in dungeons and such :D the lack of savepoints in this game is a blessing :tongue:

DarkLadyNyara
12-13-2008, 11:41 AM
save often, especially on the world map and in dungeons and such :D the lack of savepoints in this game is a blessing :tongue:

It can be a blessing, if used carefully. It can also screw you over on an epic level. For example, if you save on low health, with no MP or healing items, in an area where the monsters are capable of killing your party in one turn. People have done this, and rendered the game effectively un-winnable.

My advice- multiple save files are your friend. :D

.:kerrod:.
12-13-2008, 12:14 PM

It can be a blessing, if used carefully. It can also screw you over on an epic level. For example, if you save on low health, with no MP or healing items, in an area where the monsters are capable of killing your party in one turn. People have done this, and rendered the game effectively un-winnable.

My advice- multiple save files are your friend. :D

yeah, this too :p i use like, 12 save files for each dungeon, etc.

black orb
12-15-2008, 01:37 AM
>>> I played FFOrigins and FF2 wasnt that hard, (ff1 was waaaay harder) in ff2 you get all the good stuff, tons of magic, tons of items, a chocobo, a leveling up system that allowed you to cheat, everything!.
So if you were able to beat FF1, FF2 cant be that hard.