PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero Difficulty

Flying Mullet
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
What difficulty level do you usually play your Guitar Hero games at?

I find that Normal is the most enjoyable for me. It's not too hard to keep up with the game and I can enjoy the music and pretend that I'm jamming along. Once I up it to hard I don't listen to the music as much and it becomes a chore at times to finish a level. I've never even tried expert so I don't know how that goes. I guess I'm old fashioned in that I like to feel like I'm pretend playing rather than hammering on random colored buttons because they appear on the screen in a frantic effort to keep up.

Momiji
12-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, it depends on which game. If it's Guitar Hero 3, I play Hard, because Expert is just ridiculous. Any other one, I play Expert-- probably not right away though, since I haven't played in a long time-- I'd need to brush up again playing on Normal/Hard.

I generally like to play games slightly more difficult than my skill level. Overall, I say 'Hard'.

Rantz
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I've played it one time. I used easy!

Vermachtnis
12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Normal mostly. I can play Hard mode, just not as good as I can on Normal. So I mostly play it on Hard when my friend's over on Co-op.

Pete for President
12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Expert. Though I yet have to try world tour and haven't beaten GH III on this difficulty. Slayer is just... gragahdk

qwertysaur
12-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I play on expert, until I get to the last set of GH III, then I pretend those songs don't exist and play them on hard. :D

xChiyuxKasumix
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Haha qwerty XD I did the same thing.

I tend to play Hard most often though. I find Normal is just too easy to beat my brother on. xD

I Don't Need A Name
12-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Expert. Though I yet have to try world tour and haven't beaten GH III on this difficulty. Slayer is just... gragahdk

exactly
i generally hammer out all the expert songs 5 star on my first playthroughs (like on GHWT, when i havent heard half of the songs before)

Flying Mullet
12-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm such a Guitar Hero wuss. :(

I Don't Need A Name
12-10-2008, 07:36 PM
haha keep practicing mullet
the speed and movement will come naturally

Madame Adequate
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I usually play on Hard. Expert is just too much on most songs, but I can handle Hard most of the time and it's still complex and fast enough to be challenging and a lot of fun.

I Took the Red Pill
12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh come on, I'm a man. Expert.

Flying Mullet
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow, the three active users that start their usernames with "I" posted all in a row. That has to be worth something, right?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I play on Expert, but I'm by no means top tier expert - there are still many songs I cannot beat on Expert. I'm still noticeably improving though, which is nice.

Tama2
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I remember trying and trying to get that orange note. Than one day I woke up and I could magical do it with no problem. Anyways...

I try and play Expert always. Unless it's one of those insane songs that I have to play it on hard. :[

rubah
12-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I like hard because when you play it for long enough, you start getting that instinctive note hitting going on; you reach for a note, and hit it without thinking about it; then you REALLY feel like you're playing the instrument!

I don't like expert because that's just like brute memorization and practice and I haven't beaten it on GH yet.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-11-2008, 03:25 AM
I'm a borderline Hard/Expert player. I can handle the easier songs on Expert, but songs like One eat me alive on that difficulty. At least on Hard, I can still pass the song.

Zeromus_X
12-11-2008, 03:46 AM
I've played it one time. I used easy!

Kirobaito
12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
I am to the point where I solely play on Expert. However, unlike every other person, it seems, that has posted in this thread, I can beat every song on Expert relatively easily at this point.

On GH3 I've FC'd about 10 songs on Expert. 5 stars on all the regular songs except for Raining Blood, which I'm about 10k away from 5-starring.

I'll give you info on GHWT in a little over a week, when I finally get to play it.

Blue Harvest
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I play it on normal. Easy is too easy and hard gives me sore fingers. I've pretty much mastered Stellar on hard though.

Jiro
12-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I play it on normal. Easy is too easy and hard gives me sore fingers.

My pinky finger does absolutely nothing, so anything more than normal is way too hard for me :(

Baloki
12-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I can't physically use the blue button, any of the other ones are fine though :(

Not enough pawpads you see...

erikramza
12-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Since guitar hero sucks dick, I listen to certain songs (perhaps featured in the games) and do other 'constructive' things.

leader of mortals
12-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I play on expert, and on gh3 I can beat every song in the normal game on expert except raining blood(and would probably get my ass owned with the final battle...), and I only bought 4 extra tracks that I can beat. Prayer of the Refugee, My Curse, Take this Life(:D), and Generation Rock.

Arc_Master_14
12-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Expert. Though I yet have to try world tour and haven't beaten GH III on this difficulty. Slayer is just... gragahdk But I have tried World Tour and was fine on everything I tried

Pete for President
12-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Expert. Though I yet have to try world tour and haven't beaten GH III on this difficulty. Slayer is just... gragahdk But I have tried World Tour and was fine on everything I tried

I bought World Tour last sunday and so far I'm doing fine on expert =) I "died" once on the guitar battle with Zakk Wylde and I have yet to master the weirdswitchingbetweenbuttonsandtouchpad though.

Rinoabella
12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I play on Hard. I can play some songs on Expert though.

Yar
12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Easy mode!

Three buttons is a nice way for me to keep up. :p

I don't play it too often. Actually, I'd see more fun in learning to actually playing a guitar than playing Guitar Hero, which is just one step above playing "air guitar" as far as musical capability is concerned. :p

escobert
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Since I can probably count the number of times I've played on my fingers I play normal.

Flying Mullet
12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I was in the mood to rock out last night, which means I'm jumping all over the room and being a general bad-ass when I play. Thus I started a career on Easy and completed half the songs.

BTW I've completed four songs on Hard and one of them with four stars! xD

I Don't Need A Name
12-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I am to the point where I solely play on Expert. However, unlike every other person, it seems, that has posted in this thread, I can beat every song on Expert relatively easily at this point.
lies, i can do every song but slayer easily

I bought World Tour last sunday and so far I'm doing fine on expert =) I "died" once on the guitar battle with Zakk Wylde and I have yet to master the weirdswitchingbetweenbuttonsandtouchpad though.

seriously, the touch pad is a complete waste of time.
only use it on really, insanely fast bits
just hammer on the notes, its much easier

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I was in the mood to rock out last night, which means I'm jumping all over the room and being a general bad-ass when I play. Thus I started a career on Easy and completed half the songs.

Once you can consistently play on Hard, you're pretty much over the hump, which is the shifting. From then on, you just get better.

Kirobaito
12-19-2008, 12:19 AM

Once you can consistently play on Hard, you're pretty much over the hump, which is the shifting. From then on, you just get better.
Indeed. Once you learn to use the fifth button it's all little things, like hammering on better, and shifting between 1-3, 2-4, and 3-5 chords.

Værn
12-19-2008, 01:55 AM
I usually play hard on Guitar Hero and expert on Rock Band.