PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest X

The Man
12-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Will be released on Wii. (http://kotaku.com/5106136/dragon-quest-x-coming-to-wii)

Not much else to report yet, but I didn't see a thread about it yet so I figured I'd make one. Still no worldwide release date for DQIX either; March 28, 2009 is confirmed for Japan.

Bolivar
12-15-2008, 04:17 PM
From a business standpoint, it makes sense, the Wii, like the DS for Dragon Quest IX, is the most popular system in Japan, arguably that's where DQ X belongs.

From a creative standpoint, if you have any conception of what Level-5 did for Dragon Quest on the PS2, you can only salivate at what they could have done for it on the PS3. With the announcement that they proposed to be Sony exclusive if WKC sells (see general forum), I began to daydream about this, only to be crushed about a day earlier. The main reason being because the tenth installment is something special, they should have went all out to bring a true tribute to the series to the forefront, and with the beautiful environments they could have built, not to mention the revolutionary breakthroughs in storage space on blu rays currently underway, this could have been a long, epic, RPG.

However, I still gotta be content, because Yuji Horii, or more appropriately, Dragon Quest, is all about the RPG, the adventure. It hasn't been about flare and fanfare (although you could argue Dragon Quest VIII indeed was), it's about the game, and I think the Wii can be a fine choice for it.

qwertysaur
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
If the icon for where the pointer is on the screen is not a slime, I will boycott this game :pNot really, looks interesting though