PDA

View Full Version : So... finals.

Jojee
12-11-2008, 06:55 AM
So like I studied for 17+ hours yeserterday straight, on 3 hours of sleep, and have been for over 12 hours today already... a few more to go before I sleep. My first final is on Friday and I have never studied this much <i>combined</i> by 300billion times in my life before as I have this semester.

PS I love you all, if I've been um what's that word my brain is fried, ah, antagonistic lately it's nothing personal :love:

So yeah, talk about studying and finals and stuff while I get back to it.

Clouded Sky
12-11-2008, 07:58 AM
How's about you let me study you Joy?:bgl:

Wolf Kanno
12-11-2008, 08:25 AM
I just finished most of my finals. Its been years since I had a collection of finals that were this intense. My programming final was multiple choice and it was open book/open note/open computer and even our top students had problems doing it. To give you an idea on how bad... we started it Monday and finally finished it in class today (we meet Mondays and Wednesdays) and the Exam is only 47 questions long...

My brain is fried on just reading through code and discerning logic errors... :crying2:

Shoeberto
12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I potentially have four, but I'm hoping I'll only need to take two. I'll know tomorrow. I really need to study up hard for my Cal 3 one on Friday so I can pull out on A. Programming's the other definite but it should be cake like everything else in the class. Astronomy is optional but would be easy if I really had to take it to get the A. Digital would be a huge pain in my butt if I needed to take it, so I'm only going to if I need it to get or hold a B or if an A is reasonable.

Jojee
12-11-2008, 10:34 AM
If you studied me right now, you would find that I am insane. Whoa shift + i works here too. Anyway.

Almost 5am, finished my notes finally. First final in 27 hours and somehow I should fit 2 nights of sleep in there? Off to bed.

Jiro
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
This is why I fear I will fail at life. Because there's not much chance I'll be motivated to study like this. My preparation for tests is usually just a quick read over some notes and/or revision sheets, and then sleep/ play video games xD

Frequency NecroKat
12-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I spread my studying out over about the two weeks before finals, so I'd only have to devote a couple hours everyday. Our teachers always bugged us to start studying at, like, the beginning of the year...

Of course, I was home schooled, so my parents were my teachers and expected me to study early and as much as possible. (our finals were hosted at a learning center, not by our parents)

My sister's finals are coming up, and I can tell she's just a teency bit nervous, even if she won't admit to it. She's been studying hard, so I'm sure she'll do well. :)

Peegee
12-11-2008, 03:07 PM
During exam time nobody should start drama, Jojojo. Stress is nuts and it's not fair. But <3 to you all.

Let's be asian.

Rye
12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
lolololo I only need to take one out of four, because one was a take home, and the other two I got exempt from. Not much studying for me~ :jess:

The Man
12-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I already took all of mine. I got a high B on one of them; I'm still waiting for the results on the other two. After that I'll graduate, assuming I didn't fail (which is unlikely).

Kirobaito
12-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I have one in-class final on Monday, which I have not started studying for. I have two take-home exams because History does not give proper exams in December. I've done one of them and haven't started the other one.

I Took the Red Pill
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I have four finals for all four of my classes. Fuck you guys.

rubah
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I've got three, one tomorrow, one saturday, and one tuesday. Of course the hardest ones are first :(

qwertysaur
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Programming - Make a program in visual Basic with at least 1 if then statement, and a loop structure. Any infinite loops submitted will result in an automatic F for the course.

English - A 10 page paper that takes 9 characters from stories we read along with my English professor and who would win in a game of survivor.

Psychology - A research paper that somehow is Due in January. Not sure why the random date when classes end next week though.

Calculus - An actual exam! :eek:

IGN64skanker
12-12-2008, 05:25 AM
I was thinking about posting something similar to this... I feel like I've studied about half as much as I need to for my finals, and it's probably more than I studied in all of undergrad combined.

So far I've taken my crim and torts finals, and I have midterms in contracts and property next week.

My crim final was a straight up racehorse. Four and a half hours. 50 multiple choice questions, a 90 minute essay, a 60 minute essay and a 45 minute essay. I ate breakfast before I went in. When I got out, it was dark.

Law school is bananas.

Good luck on your finals!!!

Clouded Sky
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I REALLY need to study for my Joy`s geography final.

Momiji
12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I have four finals for all four of my classes. smurf you guys.

Same. Two on Monday, one on Tuesday, and one on Friday. ( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Jojee
12-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I was thinking about posting something similar to this... I feel like I've studied about half as much as I need to for my finals, and it's probably more than I studied in all of undergrad combined.

So far I've taken my crim and torts finals, and I have midterms in contracts and property next week.

My crim final was a straight up racehorse. Four and a half hours. 50 multiple choice questions, a 90 minute essay, a 60 minute essay and a 45 minute essay. I ate breakfast before I went in. When I got out, it was dark.

Law school is bananas.

Good luck on your finals!!!

It is, isn't it? I just took my Civ Pro one this morning. It was only 3 hours, I don't know how I did... but everyone else seemed so happy after that I just felt really terrible. Then I was trying to avoid talking about it with anyone but got caught in a conversation between a friend and a classmate anyway, and they were going over a question, and I freaked out and left because they had stuff in their answer I didn't know what they were talking about so I just know I got points off. So basically I went home and bawled. xD

I really either can't wait or don't want to get my grades back ever. :\ But at least that one's over with.

Now I get to cram for Torts and Property. Good luck on yours too.

scrumpleberry
12-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Come on everyone. This is going to feel so good when it's over, and when you get your fantastic results, just think about that and keep on keepin' on.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2008, 01:52 AM
I probably won't have to take any of my exams this semester, I'm probably going to die in college when I have to take them no matter what ;_;

Rye
12-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Not so, darling Jessweeeemusicnote! I only had to take one this semester. xD My Japanese teacher gave our final as a take home to do with friends. My other two remaining finals were ones you could be exempt from if you got a decent enough grade. Don't fret! :]

Arc_Master_14
12-13-2008, 01:55 AM
This is why I fear I will fail at life. Because there's not much chance I'll be motivated to study like this. My preparation for tests is usually just a quick read over some notes and/or revision sheets, and then sleep/ play video games xD
Same and It pushed me through my last day of finals today. WINTER BREAK FTW!

rubah
12-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Calculus final: OWNED.

Statics Final: NEED TO STUDY!!!!

The Man
12-13-2008, 02:56 AM
My grades still haven't posted yet, but I was able to walk in the graduation ceremony. That apparently still doesn't mean I graduated, though. What a crock.