PDA

View Full Version : Best Main Villian's Exit

blackmage_nuke
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Which main villian had the best final moments?

I personally liked Sin's giant pyrefly explosion, or Kefka shaking a few times and disolving.

hhr1dluv
12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Usually the exhaustion I feel upon beating the boss kind of prevents me from remembering what their demise was like.

The Man
12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
The end comes...beyond chaos.

actually Kefka said that before casting Ultima iirc, but either way, he had my favourite demise I think.

Bolivar
12-12-2008, 03:52 PM
First for Kuja!

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Ulty n.n

Her last word was "And..."

Jiro
12-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I said Kefka, because he's the only one I can remember properly

Rantz
12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Ulty n.n

Yes, I loved that. Her whole speech was pretty good, but the open ending to it tickles my imagination.

Roogle
12-12-2008, 06:04 PM
In my opinion, Ultimecia had the best exit for a main villain because she was able to cause a time loop in her ominous final scene.

The way that she passed her powers onto Edea at the end of the game showed that the power of a Sorceress is fearsome and cannot be controlled even by the heroes; furthermore, a sense of foreboding still remains after the defeat of the final villain and that is rarely seen in Final Fantasy games as they typically favor an absolute and hopeful ending.

Depression Moon
12-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree that X's Sin was the most enjoyable to watch as the FMV is beautiful. I was thinking about X-2's but I'm trying to think who was the primary villain. My head's saying the people of Spira, but heart says it's wrong.

Sephiroth
12-12-2008, 10:43 PM
That would be Kuja (for me). At the end he was the one who sacrficed his own life to save the main characters and then he died as a good guy.

12-13-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm surprised Kuja isn't winning. IX had my favorite ending, and Kuja was a large part of what made it so awesome. I will give a little credit to Ultimecia, though. Not because of anything she did, I just thought it was kind of awesome that the party pwned her without even letting her finish her cliche villain speech (Although I kept reloading and trying to hold out without killing her for as long as I could so I could see "the rest" of her speech. Finally decided screw it, looked it up online, and found out that actually was as far as she gets no matter what -.- ).

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2008, 06:02 AM
In my opinion, Ultimecia had the best exit for a main villain because she was able to cause a time loop in her ominous final scene.

The way that she passed her powers onto Edea at the end of the game showed that the power of a Sorceress is fearsome and cannot be controlled even by the heroes; furthermore, a sense of foreboding still remains after the defeat of the final villain and that is rarely seen in Final Fantasy games as they typically favor an absolute and hopeful ending.

In this case you should be saying Garland/Chaos since he did the exact same thing except whereas in VIII you learn that the battle against Ultemacia is inevitable you are also rewarded with one of the happier ending's in the series cause the heroes win and life returns to normal. Sure you start a time loop but it has an end to it.

Whereas in FF1, you're party gets flown back into the past with their powers and memory wiped by Chaos, only so they can kill Garland and start the whole loop again. You're whole damn party is fated to battle a never ending battle against Chaos and the Elemental Lords for all eternity. :cool:

James Leopold
12-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Ulty n.n

Well she spoke after the battle, just before she gave her powers to Edea. Something like "I can't disappear yet...

Whereas in FF1, you're party gets flown back into the past with their powers and memory wiped by Chaos, only so they can kill Garland and start the whole loop again. You're whole damn party is fated to battle a never ending battle against Chaos and the Elemental Lords for all eternity. :cool:"

From what I remember, after the defeat of Chaos the party were sent back to the future, and it was as if nothing had ever happened. Even though the party remembered the events of the game, everyone else didn't, even Garland didn't, going back to the time when he was a good knight before he was corrupted by Chaos. So yeah, the main party did kind of have a crappy ending.

As for the demise of a villain, my favourite has got to be Kuja's. I loved it when he turned good at the end, nothing beats a villain who redeems himself.

Fynn
12-13-2008, 07:27 AM

In this case you should be saying Garland/Chaos since he did the exact same thing except whereas in VIII you learn that the battle against Ultemacia is inevitable you are also rewarded with one of the happier ending's in the series cause the heroes win and life returns to normal. Sure you start a time loop but it has an end to it.

Whereas in FF1, you're party gets flown back into the past with their powers and memory wiped by Chaos, only so they can kill Garland and start the whole loop again. You're whole damn party is fated to battle a never ending battle against Chaos and the Elemental Lords for all eternity. :cool:

Um... They broke the circle. That's what the game said. By going back in time, they killed the four elemental fiends and Chaos. Then they came back to the future. Everyone else knew nothing of it, since the fiends never appeared and Garland never got back in time and turned into Chaos by the fiends. It was a happy ending. Just without applause. It was more like a silent victory, but a victory nonetheless.

DarkLadyNyara
12-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Kuja. For both the end of the fight (Ultima-ing your party), and his final scene in the Iifa Tree. The former was awesome (in a "You friggin' bastard" sort of way). And the later, with his redemption, was touching.

MJN SEIFER
12-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Well she spoke after the battle, just before she gave her powers to Edea. Something like "I can't disappear yet...

But technically her last word is still "And..." as the scene where she says the dissaperaing line she is different mentally, so the one you fight ends with "And..."

James Leopold
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM

But technically her last word is still "And..." as the scene where she says the dissaperaing line she is different mentally, so the one you fight ends with "And..."

That makes no difference. Her last line is in the orphanage. It is after the battle, she is still speaking, therefore her last word isn't "And".

Serapy
12-14-2008, 01:05 AM

That makes no difference. Her last line is in the orphanage. It is after the battle, she is still speaking, therefore her last word isn't "And".

To respond to the objective of this thread; Ultimecia becomes defeated and she then exits the scene. Therefore, the "And..." was her final line in terms of the exit event. However, her saying "I can't disappear yet..." and giving powers to Matron already took place (in beginning of the story) before the party went to see Ultimecia at the end.

Depression Moon
12-14-2008, 02:50 AM
That would be Kuja (for me). At the end he was the one who sacrficed his own life to save the main characters and then he died as a good guy.
He didn't try to sacrifice himself to save anybody he used Ultima in hopes of destroying all existence. He was just going to lie in the tree and die, but Zidane didn't feel that it was right.

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2008, 03:40 AM

Well technically that was years before the battle >.>

EDIT:

Oh nevermind someone already said that.

...and even if it wasn't, I'd still vote her xD

Marshall Banana
12-14-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm glad that Sephiroth has zero votes, because he obliterated our solar system before Cloud defeated him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU)

sir helix
12-14-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm glad that Sephiroth has zero votes, because he obliterated our solar system before Cloud defeated him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU)

he obliterated it for me three friggen times.

i had to go with kuja, with FF9 being my favorite in the series.
And sins explosion was just beautiful lol

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2008, 06:41 AM

Um... They broke the circle. That's what the game said. By going back in time, they killed the four elemental fiends and Chaos. Then they came back to the future. Everyone else knew nothing of it, since the fiends never appeared and Garland never got back in time and turned into Chaos by the fiends. It was a happy ending. Just without applause. It was more like a silent victory, but a victory nonetheless.

*Checks Note* Well I'll be damned, you're right. Its what I get for mouthing off on a game I haven't played in awhile. :D

MJN SEIFER
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
To respond to the objective of this thread; Ultimecia becomes defeated and she then exits the scene. Therefore, the "And..." was her final line in terms of the exit event. However, her saying "I can't disappear yet..." and giving powers to Matron already took place (in beginning of the story) before the party went to see Ultimecia at the end.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say before, so thanks for explaining it better.

He didn't try to sacrifice himself to save anybody he used Ultima in hopes of destroying all existence. He was just going to lie in the tree and die, but Zidane didn't feel that it was right.

I think s/he means when he teleported the team away from Necron at the end, had he not done that Zidane and the others would have died. Although I'm not sure if that's a sacrafice as to be one it would have had to have put himself in a risk, but it was a heroric act nonetheless.

Sephiroth
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I think s/he means when he teleported the team away from Necron at the end, had he not done that Zidane and the others would have died. Although I'm not sure if that's a sacrafice as to be one it would have had to have put himself in a risk, but it was a heroric act nonetheless.

That's it. And then Zidane hears his voice and decides to save Kuja.

Vivisteiner
12-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I gotta admit, '...and...' is an epic way to end, but my vote has to go to that final showdown with Kuja and its aftermath.

black orb
12-15-2008, 12:04 AM
>>> The only one i can remember is Sephiroth (One Wingel Angel)disolving in a crazy purple/pink clouded sky..